Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane R2: Murray vs Muller 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane R2: Murray vs Muller

(Read 3621 times)
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #195 on: January 04, 2012, 03:53 PM »

Wimbledon 2013 is the plan! yay

Whenever, guys. You are always welcome - like a spring / summer festival.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #196 on: January 05, 2012, 02:31 AM »

Fair play to Murray only now saw some highlights of the 3rd set thought he played some decent tennis in the end. Muller for his part made it a good match.

Baggy next will be tough for Murray 3-2 record and his game matches up well if Murray plays as he has been he will lose. But he is well capable of upping his level against a better opponent who he respects this will be a good barometer of where Murray is at ahead of the AO
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #197 on: January 05, 2012, 02:42 AM »

Fair play to Murray only now saw some highlights of the 3rd set thought he played some decent tennis in the end. Muller for his part made it a good match.

Baggy next will be tough for Murray 3-2 record and his game matches up well if Murray plays as he has been he will lose. But he is well capable of upping his level against a better opponent who he respects this will be a good barometer of where Murray is at ahead of the AO

ak400 Strange name, anyway your man Fed has also been without a slam for quite a while 2 years nearly so if I were you I would be concerned about Nole's total an utter demolishing on of good old Roger in the Middle East and leave the rest of us to worry about the Scot who holds a winning record against Fed.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #198 on: January 05, 2012, 02:56 AM »

ak400 Strange name, anyway your man Fed has also been without a slam for quite a while 2 years nearly so if I were you I would be concerned about Nole's total an utter demolishing on of good old Roger in the Middle East and leave the rest of us to worry about the Scot who holds a winning record against Fed.

It isnt strange at all it has a meaning to me so that is fine!

I actually did not say anything bad about Murray he played a good match fair play to him! But I have as much right to post here as anyone else, if you don't like that then there are plenty of other tennis forums that you might want to shift over too.

Roger lost an EXO you are right, but I think you will find he has reached the quarters in Doha without losing a set and has now won 19 matches on the bounce not bad for a man that the haters say is in decline!

Yeah Murray has a winning record against Roger but he hasnt beaten Roger in a major so it doesnt really mean much at all.

2 Grand Slam finals meetings Roger won both in straight sets!

Novak has beaten Roger 4 times in the majors, Rafa has  a winning record v Roger in Majors they are impressive stats, but a slight lead in the head to head when you havent won a set against the man in a major (indeed he was hammered in both major finals) shows that Roger as he said decides who wins the matches between himself and Murray, Murray does not decide. This is because Murray is a defensive player Roger is offensive, when Roger wants to play he can beat Murray at will, look at London last year 6-4 6-2, when Murray was aiming for 3 wins in a row against Roger, Roger made sure it didnt happen, the matches between them are on his racket.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #199 on: January 05, 2012, 03:11 AM »

Touchy Christ!!!. I was just pointing out facts.

8 wins don't mean ANYTHING? , well that's nonsense and you know it , I know it and hell even Ana Wintour knows it.

I respect Fed and think he's the most elegant player to have ever played but some of you fans of his are rather too scary and weird in all things Roger.

I don't mind you posting here Mr/Mrs/Ms/Dr/Sir ak400 but it's give and take.

PS Happy New Year   w00t nervous w00t hug clap Little tongue man wub actually strike out that last one
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #200 on: January 05, 2012, 03:19 AM »

Touchy Christ!!!. I was just pointing out facts.

8 wins don't mean ANYTHING? , well that's nonsense and you know it , I know it and hell even Ana Wintour knows it.

I respect Fed and think he's the most elegant player to have ever played but some of you fans of his are rather too scary and weird in all things Roger.

I don't mind you posting here Mr/Mrs/Ms/Dr/Sir ak400 but it's give and take.

PS Happy New Year   w00t nervous w00t hug clap Little tongue man wub actually strike out that last one

8 wins against the greatest player of all time is decent no doubt about that, my point is though the fact he has lost both their matches in the majors, shows that Roger has Murray's measure when he really needs to beat him, Murray's record against Roger would look more convincing if it included 1-1 or 2-0 in the majors as it stands it kind of seems like it is down to how well Roger is playing because the majors are where greatness is measured, Sampras held that same view, he would lose to guys on the tour that he would never lose to in the majors.

I have respect for Murray, he is a decent player, who I think has underachieved because he has amazing variety in his game, and I wish him and his fans well :-)

Happy new year to you too.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #201 on: January 05, 2012, 03:28 AM »

8 wins against the greatest player of all time is decent no doubt about that, my point is though the fact he has lost both their matches in the majors, shows that Roger has Murray's measure when he really needs to beat him, Murray's record against Roger would look more convincing if it included 1-1 or 2-0 in the majors as it stands it kind of seems like it is down to how well Roger is playing because the majors are where greatness is measured, Sampras held that same view, he would lose to guys on the tour that he would never lose to in the majors.

I have respect for Murray, he is a decent player, who I think has underachieved because he has amazing variety in his game, and I wish him and his fans well :-)

Happy new year to you too.

Decent now that's just bitchy.

If the match is on Roger's racket in certain matches then I can see what you mean but don't make out it has been all about Fed's unforced errors( by the way how funny was Novak's return on match point at the Open Semi) Andy has hurt Fed with his backhand and will continue to do so.

IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #202 on: January 05, 2012, 03:49 AM »

Much of Murray's appeal is the unpredictable brilliance and complex personality. I could fawn over Federer but watching a unique sporting personality like Andy, Johnny Mac or Eric Cantona brings a whole different dimension to watching sport.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #203 on: January 05, 2012, 04:37 AM »

Well he's hardly the greatest player of all time when he's been so clearly dominated By Nadal for the last 5 years (& on all surfaces bar a subset of one) now is he AK400?
I have real difficulties with such a leap of faith personally, but then I'm not a Fed fan, I prefer facts.
No, Roger was just a bit older than the other 3, that is all.
As for Murray, 2 slam wins against an immature Murray doth not a dominance maketh, we'll have to give this puppy a few more goes before judgement can reasonably be made on that.
Let's say... best of 7 shall we?
Rogers got the head start too, he'll just need 2 more.
Hell need to claim them from the start also as I doubt Roger shall be around for a full 'best of 7  actually.
Oh and last year in London for the record, Murray was nervous (Roger himself was 'shocked' by his performance) just as he was in the Oz Open final.
Guess what AK400, he's not always going to be nervous from now on.
And when he isnt, I suspect beatings like Roger received in Shanghai last year shall be what you and the 'maestro' shall have to get used to, until he finally retires that is.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #204 on: January 05, 2012, 06:44 AM »

Much of Murray's appeal is the unpredictable brilliance and complex personality. I could fawn over Federer but watching a unique sporting personality like Andy, Johnny Mac or Eric Cantona brings a whole different dimension to watching sport.
clap
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #205 on: January 05, 2012, 07:07 AM »

Did I miss something?  Apparently time ended and Roger was the greatest tennis player during that period.  Stone the crows, I can't believe that I missed it.  Or was it that tennis ended and is never to be played again?  Must have missed that too. doh  Jeez, I seem capable of talking more sense with half a bottle of wine down me!  partyman
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #206 on: January 05, 2012, 10:34 AM »

Well he's hardly the greatest player of all time when he's been so clearly dominated By Nadal for the last 5 years (& on all surfaces bar a subset of one) now is he AK400?
I have real difficulties with such a leap of faith personally, but then I'm not a Fed fan, I prefer facts.
No, Roger was just a bit older than the other 3, that is all.
As for Murray, 2 slam wins against an immature Murray doth not a dominance maketh, we'll have to give this puppy a few more goes before judgement can reasonably be made on that.
Let's say... best of 7 shall we?
Rogers got the head start too, he'll just need 2 more.
Hell need to claim them from the start also as I doubt Roger shall be around for a full 'best of 7  actually.
Oh and last year in London for the record, Murray was nervous (Roger himself was 'shocked' by his performance) just as he was in the Oz Open final.
Guess what AK400, he's not always going to be nervous from now on.
And when he isnt, I suspect beatings like Roger received in Shanghai last year shall be what you and the 'maestro' shall have to get used to, until he finally retires that is.

He has won 16 majors more than anyone in the history of the game, has won 3 Grand  Slams in a year 3 times, made the most semis in the world, most great players past and present all have said he is the greatest ever. The only person who could possible put in a claim to say otherwise is Laver, but the competetion wasnt the same back then and they did not play on so many different surfaces.

2008 Murray was young, but that isnt an excuse to lose a major final not when he had just beaten the world number 1 in the semi final in fine fashion.

In 2010 Murray got hammered again by Roger and Murray who the world number 4, so him being young and not ready isnt really much of an excuse when he was some brave pundits pick to win it all that year.

Del Potro younger than Murray, came out and took out Rafa and Roger back to back in the Open 2009, I did not see his supporters making the excuse of him being too young or anything when he had to play Roger in the final, you are good enough to make a final then you aer mature enough to win it, if you are good enough is another issue.

I am quite happy for Murray to face Roger in all of Roger's remaining Major finals, it is a great draw for Roger the match is on his racket, escpailly if Murray's 1st serve is down, Roger can pretty much break him at will or break back whenever needed, see AO 2010 3rd set or US 2008 2nd set.

Djokovic is the slight favourite to win in Australia this year, and rightly so he is playing amazing tennis right now, but as I have said before against anyone else in the draw, the match is on Roger's racket that includes Nadal.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #207 on: January 05, 2012, 10:56 AM »

Why am I on a forum for Andy Murray and all ak400 goes on about is Roger Federer?

ak400 you have made 3 posts that are identical. We get it Fed controls the Tennis World and when his racquet is on he can be in control of most matches but you are quite clearly being disrespectful too most other players except your favourite.

Take some advice humility goes a long way in life, as most of Any's fans can stand Rafa not Roger.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #208 on: January 05, 2012, 11:04 AM »

Why am I on a forum for Andy Murray and all ak400 goes on about is Roger Federer?

ak400 you have made 3 posts that are identical. We get it Fed controls the Tennis World and when his racquet is on he can be in control of most matches but you are quite clearly being disrespectful too most other players except your favourite.

Take some advice humility goes a long way in life, as most of Any's fans can stand Rafa not Roger.

Look Murray is a good solid player, Ii wish him and his fans like yourself good luck and a happy new year!

I do believe that Roger controls his own destiny at this point (for the record I did not bring up Roger you did by talking about Murray's record against him)  but back to the thread well  played Murray put Muller who is a tricky opponent in his place in the end after sweating a bit for the 1st 2 sets
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane International R2: Murray vs Muller « Reply #209 on: January 05, 2012, 11:15 AM »

Firstly I am a fan of all players not just Andy but I have had many experiences with Federer fans like yourself as I sometimes work in France and the same arrogant argument always is repeated.

I know Andy is far far more than just a "good solid player" he and Gasquet are Federer's only rival in natural talent and yes Fed has 16 slams but I honestly believe in 3 weeks time the Aussie Open Champ will be A certain Mr Murray with Roger unable to cope with all of Rafa's topspin to his backhand and will fall to the beast from Majorca.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »