Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic

(Read 5941 times)
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #390 on: January 07, 2012, 09:32 PM »

MTF is what I would call a * tennis forum *
this is an * Andy Murray * fan forum.

Your not fooling me for one second , I see right thru you

That is also a tennis forum you are right there are some good ones about this is a great one! Andy Murray is a tennis player and here is a forum! so doesnt take much to work out it is a tennis forum! Smile

IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #391 on: January 07, 2012, 09:34 PM »

I'm not asking for anything that imposes on your privacy - it's a rather innocent request that actually would benefit you.

I'm convinced the majority of hostility towards you is rooted from the suspicion over your presence.

Mark, I get what you are asking, but out of principle I find it insulting whether it "benefitted me" or not is by the by, I am not here to abuse or offend anyone but I am here to chat tennis. now if a Murray or Nadal or Novak fan came on Rogers forum and had different views they would be welcomed as long as they didnt abuse or offend anyone, which I don't believe I have, at any stage and they certainly would never be asked to show their previous posting on other sites because they would have nothing to prove they would be treated as equal members on our site with a voice as long as they do not cross the line between friendly rivalry/constructive critism  and personal insults
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #392 on: January 07, 2012, 09:41 PM »

Have just watched the "supposed" AO preview which I recorded from earlier on.  Now I know the pretend Brit and Croft are employed by Europsport to give their opinions as so called pundits but they are neither knowledgeable or objective, two things which are pretty important in that role.  It came across as if all they cared about was Lendle somehow disciplining Andy (they speak about his on court demeanour as if he is a naughty schoolboy).  Instead of focusing on the positives of this new partnership it was all about "well Andy won't be able to get away with this that and the other".  Andy is 24 years of age and has been at the top of the game for a few years now - he is not a petulant teenager that needs grounding.  He has been mature enough to realise that he needed to make a change to give himself the best chance possible of winning a GS, he has done that by hiring the services of Lendle - why not give him some credit for that, instead of chastising his attitude, demeanour and behaviour.  You know what the problem is with the pretend Brit and Croft - they never played at the top level like Andy does, they never experienced the pressure. 
Croft and co. (the fed fans) irk me badly and when I am watching the AO I will watch it with the sound down.  I really w ish there was not a delay between the radio and TV or else I would listen to Jonathon Overend's commentary who I think is fair and objective.

Agree totally MM.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #393 on: January 07, 2012, 09:44 PM »

you think if I registered on Rogers forum and posted a pic of the trophy ceremony at  Rogers Cup with Andy holding up the trophy and Roger the runners up cup and said things on Rogers forum like  " Roger is done , hes old now and imo will not win many more tournies "  that it would be accepted ??  I doubt it .

That would be a display of arrogance on my part , which is what it was when you posted that genius at work pic, and you know it !!

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #394 on: January 07, 2012, 09:45 PM »

I given you my position and have posted the reasons for it before including to yourself on numerous occasions AK400. I'm not interested in convincing you otherwise anymore, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I will finally say however that Federer's time for winning slams is well and truly over. Unless ofcourse he receives even more serendipity and favourable scheduling than he normally enjoys. And the rest of the top 10 are in a plane crash too. Yes I'd  say the jig is well and truly up for him now.
Still there's always the WTF & Basel.
Oh wait maybe there's not.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #395 on: January 07, 2012, 09:50 PM »

I given you my position and have posted the reasons for it before including to yourself on numerous occasions AK400. I'm not interested in convincing you otherwise anymore, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
I will finally say however that Federer's time for winning slams is well and truly over. Unless ofcourse he receives even more serendipity and favourable scheduling than he normally enjoys. And the rest of the top 10 are in a plane crash too. Yes I'd  say the jig is well and truly up for him now.
Still there's always the WTF & Basel.
Oh wait maybe there's not.

You make me laugh, you talk about the WTF like it is some meanigless event like say, Bangkok or Brisbane! In reality its one of the biggest events in tennis after the majors!

Even when Roger was dominatiing the tour he won the WTF same for Pete, even Lendl has won it a fair few times! the reason he still wins that event is because he is the best indoor player in the world, you can keep making excuses that the rest were burnt out, well then that is poor scheduling on their part, the fact that Roger when he was dominating and Sampras in his peak were both winning majors and then the WTF!

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #396 on: January 07, 2012, 09:52 PM »

Except Fed is NOT winning majors  Whistle
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #397 on: January 07, 2012, 09:53 PM »

you think if I registered on Rogers forum and posted a pic of the trophy ceremony at  Rogers Cup with Andy holding up the trophy and Roger the runners up cup and said things on Rogers forum like  " Roger is done , hes old now and imo will not win many more tournies "  that it would be accepted ??  I doubt it .

That would be a display of arrogance on my part , which is what it was when you posted that genius at work pic, and you know it !!

If you said it like that then no it wouldnt be accepted, but if you said it in a decent fashion and it was your opinion then that is fine!

I have never said Murray is a bad player I happen to think he is a very good player, but have always given my opinions in a way as to not to offend anyone even if I do not agree with them.

As for the picture it would depend on the context Roger lifting the trophy was tongue in cheek they were giving applause to comments made about me on here so I was taking the applause with that pic as a joke Smile

The genius at work pic was also very good banter done in good humour, being tactful about these things is very important.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #398 on: January 07, 2012, 09:55 PM »

your a joke
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #399 on: January 07, 2012, 09:56 PM »

Except Fed is NOT winning majors  Whistle

He did not last year but then only 2 guys did!

Fact is Only one man beat the world number 1 last year in a major that was Roger, and Roger in Djokovic's own admission should have beaten him at the US Open as well.

In a year when Novak dominated the majors to be the only guy to beat him and then have match points to do it again! but yeah dont let that get in the way of your bias against him!

If Murray was the only guy all year to beat Novak in a major and then had match points in another major I am pretty sure you wouldnt be writing the guy off for winning majors! so let's have some perspective!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #400 on: January 07, 2012, 10:12 PM »

C, mon guys ak400 is entitled to his views but he is a Troll...you know it...He knows it and he,s loving it...As long as you reply to his posts, the smugger(oops, he,ll like that phrase)the more blind he becomes????

IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #401 on: January 07, 2012, 10:17 PM »

C, mon guys ak400 is entitled to his views but he is a Troll...you know it...He knows it and he,s loving it...As long as you reply to his posts, the smugger(oops, he,ll like that phrase)the more blind he becomes????

So disagreeing makes someone a troll? I guess that is a new theory as it isnt really the definition but there we go!

Anyway back on to tennis as this is a tennis forum after all, the final should be good later on Murray did a good job against Dogopolov last year in Melbourne its a decent match up for Murray but the Ukranian has the tools to make it a very good match he has great variety and has a nice all court game he gave Novak a great match at the Open last year.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #402 on: January 07, 2012, 11:23 PM »

So disagreeing makes someone a troll? I guess that is a new theory as it isnt really the definition but there we go!

Anyway back on to tennis as this is a tennis forum after all, the final should be good later on Murray did a good job against Dogopolov last year in Melbourne its a decent match up for Murray but the Ukranian has the tools to make it a very good match he has great variety and has a nice all court game he gave Novak a great match at the Open last year.

To say that the attempt at overt reasonableness grows on you may be true - but then not all that grows on you is desirable!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #403 on: January 07, 2012, 11:34 PM »

Ak400 hates Andy with a lot of passion. That's why he/she/it is here. It can't show it because this is, after all, primarily a Murray forum, but more importantly, its purpose of being here will be defeated. And the purpose is to show Andy's short comings whenever it sees fit.

You know how much he hates Andy because he takes enormous amount of time to argue with all the members who find him intolerable and despite being asked to leave a number of times, he insists on staying here. And he will be here until he gets banned but he won't warrant it and will be very careful, because its sole purpose is to show Murray fans that Andy isn't all that great. Its best defense is that, he's "a fan of tennis" and this is a tennis forum. Sounds logical and noble too but how often do you see him talking about other matches? There's a whole new section on this very forum where you can actually talk about other tennis matches yet he very rarely does it. If you say you are very much into tennis in general then why not initiate those threads and talk about it?

He/she/it may posts on other forum but won't give any links because he must have shown his hatred for Andy openly there. In other words, he'll get caught and there will be no staying here.

This troll is more of a hater than a worshipper I can tell you that. He's almost always here during a match and once it sees Andy in a winning position, it leaves. I mean it's no rocket science here. He's probably fooling a few people but not everyone. If you think he's being 'honest' then you are being naive.

I guess you can't ban him because he's not breaking any specific rules here. Technically he's getting by but it's too apparent to me and to a lot other too. I can tell you ahead of time, if Andy loses in the AO, he/she/it will upset a lot more people here.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #404 on: January 07, 2012, 11:41 PM »

I'd never joined a forum before, and this is still my one and only.. so when I was asked if I was a 'troll' when completing my membership I truly didn't even know what that term meant.
I guess I've found out........

I'd like to concentrate on Andy now.  Anyone else in?
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »