Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic

(Read 5960 times)
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #420 on: January 08, 2012, 01:28 AM »

No AK 'Juvenile' is when someone nonchalantly posts pictures here of Federer taking the AO with a tearful Murray in the background or posting pictures of the Federer standing behind a flag saying 'genius at work' when an argument isn't going his (or her)way.
Juvenile, and not very classy either.
Juvenile is also trying to get attention and provoke reaction from others who otherwise wouldn't be interested in interacting with you.
Yes that's perhaps a foundational sign of immaturity  Whistle
Nonsense the genius at work picture was good banter, the argument was more than going my way but it was a tongue in cheek to put an end to that argument, a bit like a drive volley winner from Federer to seal the set Smile

I have said before the picture of Roger winning the Aussie Open had nothing to do with Murray that he happened to be in the pocture was by the by! Roger has won 16 majors and beaten a lot of guys in finals that Murray was in that picture is just one of those things.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #421 on: January 08, 2012, 01:33 AM »

Well Roger  can beat Andy, Andy can beat Roger but trust me if Roger has a sore back, rotating his body on a one handed backhand will not be easy.

I can see Fed being dumped out early.

Roger will be vulnerable in the first few rounds if his back is not 100% although touch wood it will be next week, but if he is close to 100% then I think he can get through the early rounds just on his reputation then it give him time to play his way into the tournament and take it from there.

Wimbledon 2000 Sampras won the event on anti inflamatories, it would take an amazing effort, but put it is possible.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #422 on: January 08, 2012, 01:36 AM »

Roger will be vulnerable in the first few rounds if his back is not 100% although touch wood it will be next week, but if he is close to 100% then I think he can get through the early rounds just on his reputation then it give him time to play his way into the tournament and take it from there.

Wimbledon 2000 Sampras won the event on anti inflamatories, it would take an amazing effort, but put it is possible.

Using a single hander you have to rotate a whole 45 degrees extra to generate power from the backswing. Expect lots of running round his forehand in earlier rounds and his serve will need to be on song.

Personally I hope he will be okay and take out Nadal for Andy.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #423 on: January 08, 2012, 01:41 AM »

Using a single hander you have to rotate a whole 45 degrees extra to generate power from the backswing. Expect lots of running round his forehand in earlier rounds and his serve will need to be on song.

Personally I hope he will be okay and take out Nadal for Andy.

haha its funny because I want Murray in the final because if Roger can get back to full fitness, playing Rafa and Novak back to back will be very tough, but playing Murray means he only has to get through one of the top 2 thats much less taxing draw for Roger hed sign up for that!

It is weird the way the draws have gone Roger seems to always be in Novaks side of the draw and Murray in Nadal's so we will see what happens.

The point you make about his single hand back hand is a fair one, I also am a bit concerned as to how it will affect his serve. I think he will get away with it early door because he will be able to get enough movement on his serve even if not at full pace to open up ther court and bring his forehand into play, also wouldnt be surprised to see him coming in to net more.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #424 on: January 08, 2012, 01:46 AM »

haha its funny because I want Murray in the final because if Roger can get back to full fitness, playing Rafa and Novak back to back will be very tough, but playing Murray means he only has to get through one of the top 2 thats much less taxing draw for Roger hed sign up for that!

It is weird the way the draws have gone Roger seems to always be in Novaks side of the draw and Murray in Nadal's so we will see what happens.

The point you make about his single hand back hand is a fair one, I also am a bit concerned as to how it will affect his serve. I think he will get away with it early door because he will be able to get enough movement on his serve even if not at full pace to open up ther court and bring his forehand into play, also wouldnt be surprised to see him coming in to net more.

Rumour has it his back is an age related injury as he has been suffering from spasms even before the Seppi match. I think his serve will be OK as its a more relaxed motion than other players( tilting his bodyweight forward) and you're right he will end points at the net.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #425 on: January 08, 2012, 01:48 AM »

It's not weird its fixed. grr
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #426 on: January 08, 2012, 01:49 AM »

Sore back or not Roger isn't getting near the final let alone winning it.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #427 on: January 08, 2012, 01:50 AM »

wub
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #428 on: January 08, 2012, 01:52 AM »

It's not weird its fixed. grr

There was a stats man that said the probability of the semis working out as it had was like under 1 % if I am not mistaken so its very strange indeed!

Despite losing to Nadal in the last 3 Slams though I think in Australia Murray would be the favourite against him he beat him there when they last played there and although Nadal has won it I don't feel like the courts completely suit his game as much as they do Murray's .

I do feel that Roger has the best chance of the top 3 of stopping Novak if he met him in the semis, (IF 100% fit) but that doesnt mean he will automatically win the title, Murray, Rafa and Tsonga will all be very tough to beat.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #429 on: January 08, 2012, 01:53 AM »

I am sure you said the same think before the French Open semi last year or before the WTF!

Roger is not the favourite but he is a serious contender injury permitting, he is one of the few guys who can beat Djokovic.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #430 on: January 08, 2012, 01:54 AM »

Can't argue with u there Roger was the only one to beat Novak in a slam last year.
IP Logged
craighateslife
Challenger Level

Gotta eat Protein

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #431 on: January 08, 2012, 01:55 AM »

Andy will never be beaten by Rafa again.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #432 on: January 08, 2012, 02:00 AM »

Roger however shall, every single time there's not a roof involved.
Murray beat Novak last year and should have beaten him in Rome
Andys weakest surface, going on he shall be the main competition against
Novak not Roger.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #433 on: January 08, 2012, 02:04 AM »

Andy will never be beaten by Rafa again.

You really think so? Murray has a great chance against Nadal for sure and there matches are close but thats a massive call, Rafa is too good a player to write off
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #434 on: January 08, 2012, 02:06 AM »

Roger however shall, every single time there's not a roof involved.
Murray beat Novak last year and should have beaten him in Rome
Andys weakest surface, going on he shall be the main competition against
Novak not Roger.
#Murray played well against Novak on Clay in Rome but he lost the match and he was straight setted in their grand slam match.

Roger beat Novak in Paris, and just as Murray should have in your eyes won against Novak in Rome Roger by Novak's own admission should have sealed the deal at the US Open.

Murray may well turn out to be a rival of sorts to Djokovic in the future, but right now Roger is still the most likely guy from what we have seen in recent time to beat Novak in a major.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »