Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31 Go Down Reply
Author

Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic

(Read 5431 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #15 on: January 06, 2012, 06:32 PM »

Is it me or does anyone else think that Tomic looks just a bit like Jamie?
Jamie lee Curtis more like.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #16 on: January 06, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Not sure I've ever seen Tomic play.  Isn't he regarded as something of a brat?  Or is that unfair in the way that the image of Andy is unfair?  Given this is the first time Andy has played him I fear it might be roller coaster time again but hope Andy gets the measure of him quickly.   cmon yeah
Sooooooooooooo sad to hear that mr perfect unable to play because of a sore back.  But you can be sure that his sore back is nothing like the injuries that have caused other players to pull out of tournaments so I think you are all being most unfair here and on other thread [please note the tongue firmly in cheek].  w00t
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #17 on: January 06, 2012, 06:58 PM »

If Fed's back is so sore that he has to pull out of Doha surely he won't be recovered in time to play the Aussie Open ....................................  ???!!!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #18 on: January 06, 2012, 07:03 PM »

If Fed's back is so sore that he has to pull out of Doha surely he won't be recovered in time to play the Aussie Open ....................................  ???!!!!
Oh don't worry Alis there will be the kind of miracle recovery that we saw with Nole's shoulder before USO.  But I think your ?!s perhaps suggested that was what you meant???!!!   But just hope Fed doesn't criticise other players for similar tactical withdrawals in future - but clearly he believes he's a law unto himself and unfortunately the comms feed that belief.
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #19 on: January 06, 2012, 07:13 PM »

Mr Smug's persona is going to be blown wide open. He will be seen for what he truly is. A poser,a whiner and a fraud. He states he plays through the pain and is the first to be rude and arrogant in his opinion of other players. I bet he will be fine for the AO though he would not want to miss out on the chance of winning a slam
(I hope he is knocked out early) and we won't have to put up with his smug comments. We can watch the AO without having to listen and enjoy the tournament.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #20 on: January 06, 2012, 07:21 PM »

Federer has dropped out of his match against Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, claiming a sore back. Or is it because Jo knows how to beat him??

Oh yes Jo knows how to beat him!!
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #21 on: January 06, 2012, 07:51 PM »

There's a chance this is a horrific match up, don't think so but we'll see.
IP Logged
kel3350
Junior

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #22 on: January 06, 2012, 08:01 PM »

Mr Smug's persona is going to be blown wide open. He will be seen for what he truly is. A poser,a whiner and a fraud. He states he plays through the pain and is the first to be rude and arrogant in his opinion of other players. I bet he will be fine for the AO though he would not want to miss out on the chance of winning a slam
(I hope he is knocked out early) and we won't have to put up with his smug comments. We can watch the AO without having to listen and enjoy the tournament.
And yet we'll still hear commies big him up as a classy guy, a great ambassador for the sport, etc. I'm waiting for just one of them to call him out for his BS...
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #23 on: January 06, 2012, 08:04 PM »

I think Andy will take him apart  cmon yeah
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #24 on: January 06, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Not sure I've ever seen Tomic play.  Isn't he regarded as something of a brat?  Or is that unfair in the way that the image of Andy is unfair?  Given this is the first time Andy has played him I fear it might be roller coaster time again but hope Andy gets the measure of him quickly.   cmon yeah
Sooooooooooooo sad to hear that mr perfect unable to play because of a sore back.  But you can be sure that his sore back is nothing like the injuries that have caused other players to pull out of tournaments so I think you are all being most unfair here and on other thread [please note the tongue firmly in cheek].  w00t
I think we know you well enough Ruthie  hug
Rogers went to great pains (excuse the pun) to repeatly tell the media and fans its only the 2nd time in his career he has had to withdraw.

Must say Fed. perhaps  has a optimal build that can take the strain, and a style of play that has not worn out his joints and muscles. Others struggle more.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #25 on: January 06, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Murray v Tomic in Brisbane semis is such an intriguing match-up. Will be first match with Lendl in attendance. Shame it's at 4:30am UK time!  Andy will win   cmon yeah
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #26 on: January 06, 2012, 08:23 PM »

Can't stay up for this one but those intending to do so ought to have a sofa ready to hide behind....this boy is good. He's taken a set off Nole and Rafa.
I'm sure Andy's greater experience and far better movement and net play will triumph though. Just keep the ball away from his forehand Andy and win cos, as Yoda often says
 udaman
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #27 on: January 06, 2012, 08:39 PM »

Wow! What was that that Fed said at the WTF when Andy pulled out through groin injury, something like, he always plays through pain and injury and you just have to get on with it, yeah yeah! different when the shoe is on the other foot, you horrible nasty character.   hammer
Yes he did, but said on twitter that with rest and proper treatment he will be ready for AO.  You won't see Andy mouthing off about Fed's injury, class guy that he is.

Rafa was also beaten by Monfils.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #28 on: January 06, 2012, 08:51 PM »

Bloody hell, if Andy can't beat 19 year old Tomic(don't call me tomich)
as the world no4 at this stage of his career then my liver will personally be sent over to slap him about the gills.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Brisbane SF: Murray vs Tomic « Reply #29 on: January 06, 2012, 08:51 PM »

Can't stay up for this one but those intending to do so ought to have a sofa ready to hide behind....this boy is good. He's taken a set off Nole and Rafa.
I'm sure Andy's greater experience and far better movement and net play will triumph though. Just keep the ball away from his forehand Andy and win cos, as Yoda often says
 udaman
Love the Yoda, my grandson called my dog whose name is Apollo, Yoda as he threw the ball to him....where he got that I don't know.

Anyway Andy, stay focused in your match with Tomic and used your experience to defeat him.  May the force be with you!!  All your fans are.....   cmon yeah cmonandy clapping
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 31 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »