Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments

(Read 6680 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #15 on: June 26, 2012, 10:36 PM »

It's all in a good cause, Joe. You just have to give your email address. Make one up!
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #16 on: June 26, 2012, 11:02 PM »

Is that you, Katie?

Fantastic performance from Andy today! When he plays with such variety he really is a joy to watch. Slices, dropshots, lobs, aggressive forehands and excellent serving were all on display today. He mixed up the pace so well that Davydenko didn't have a clue what was coming next. We're very lucky to have such a talented player to support at Wimbledon Smile

- Katie , Sheffield, UK, 26/6/2012 22:19

Yes that's me. Smile Good to see positive comments on an Andy article for a change!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #17 on: June 27, 2012, 12:05 AM »

How I enjoyed hitting all those red arrows!!  Don't know if my comment will get published as it took so long to get through the registration process, for whatever reason, but it was -

"Phenomenal, phantastic - that's the only way to describe Andy's master-class performance against the ageing, fatuous Russian baldie-heid who made the serious mistake of sniping at him before the match.  Vengeance is oh so sweet!"

Aileen, Edinburgh

EDIT: I see mind did get published after all just after midnight.  3 greens so far plus ... err ... 1! Very Happy 
[ Last edit by Aileen June 27, 2012, 12:48 AM ] IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #18 on: June 27, 2012, 12:10 AM »

mine didnt get put up ... probably because I said alot of people in the UK should be ashamed of themselves for not supporting the best player their country has produced in a long time , oh and I added for Andy to come to Canada and we would gladly " adopt "  him as our own   bigarmhug
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #19 on: June 27, 2012, 12:16 AM »

It's all in a good cause, Joe. You just have to give your email address. Make one up!

Can I bill you for a new laptop if I throw mine out the window? It will happen if I have to read comments on the DM website. The ABM morons. The anti-Scotland nutters. The halfwits that can't spell 'loser', 'embarrassing' and 'independence'.  All words that get mentioned in every comments section following a Murray article.  

I'll do it though.
[ Last edit by IonaRed June 27, 2012, 12:22 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 12:44 AM »

I tried to keep it about Andy, honest... but I ended up on a rant and I couldn't stop. Probably won't get pulished. Maybe next time.

"Sublime performance from one of the greatest talents Britain has produced. If only there weren't so many narrow-minded, typically thick people out there who genuinely don't have a clue. I pity them, having a life so filled with hate they can't appreciate a fine talent produced from this very island and instead have to slate at every opportunity for no actual reason. It's clear who the real tennis fans are."
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #21 on: June 27, 2012, 12:46 AM »

Apparently '[email protected]' is already registered. Huh.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #22 on: June 27, 2012, 12:47 AM »

Can I bill you for a new laptop if I throw mine out the window? It will happen if I have to read comments on the DM website. The ABM morons. The anti-Scotland nutters. The halfwits that can't spell 'loser', 'embarrassing' and 'independence'.  All words that get mentioned in every comments section following a Murray article. 

I'll do it though.
I know. Most people seem capable of ignoring such vitriol but for some reason I can't help myself but get wound up. I so desperately want to put those people in their place. There are some vile people in this country.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #23 on: June 27, 2012, 12:51 AM »

MurrayMagic. clap Great comment, straight to the point. Everything I wanted to say but struggled to find the words and ended up getting distracted by some of the typically, odd, hate-filled comments.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #24 on: June 27, 2012, 12:52 AM »

Apparently '[email protected]' is already registered. Huh.
Well I was told that I was already registered.  If I am I can't remember doing it, or what my password is supposed to be.  That's why I had to go through registering again using an old email address.

By the way - well done all those, whether from MW or not, who posted such excellent comments.
[ Last edit by Aileen June 27, 2012, 12:55 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #25 on: June 27, 2012, 12:52 AM »

I see we are calling Davydenko the former world no.3. He is currently worlds 40. We are calling the Scot world number 4, he is currently worlds 39. Watch this space, our Andy, much as I hate to say, is going to bomb. On his performance today, against a no-one, the biggys are a going to fry him. But hey, come on Andy, GoGo Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
- conkybaronki, London, 26/6/2012 20:44

Do they genuinely believe their own utterly bizarre posts?

Ooh there's another poster from Swindon there. A pro-Murray one too. Sweet.

Well I was told that I was already registered.  If I am I can't remember doing it, or what my password is supposed to be.  That's why I had to go through registering again using an old email address.
I just typed in the first thing that came into my head. **** knows why it was that, but it would appear I'm not the first person to think of it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #26 on: June 27, 2012, 01:00 AM »

I see we are calling Davydenko the former world no.3. He is currently worlds 40. We are calling the Scot world number 4, he is currently worlds 39. Watch this space, our Andy, much as I hate to say, is going to bomb. On his performance today, against a no-one, the biggys are a going to fry him. But hey, come on Andy, GoGo Go!!!!!!!!!!!!
- conkybaronki, London, 26/6/2012 20:44

Do they genuinely believe their own utterly bizarre posts?
His name totally sums him up.

This was my favourite (42 reds so far).  Idiot doesn't even know that Jamie is the older of the two! -

Well played, but today's interview is the first I've ever seen where Zombie Murray didn't look like he'd just had a lobotomy (seriously, look at any other interview, it's like he's on elephant tranquillizers muttering his last words on death row). Such a shame his infinitely more charismatic younger brother will never reach the heights of his lifeless monotone sibling. Can't wait for Ivan to imbibe him with some grace and humility.
- Steve, London. UK, 26/6/2012 22:18
[ Last edit by Aileen June 27, 2012, 01:08 AM ] IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #27 on: June 27, 2012, 01:11 AM »

His name totally sums him up.
lol

I can't understand these people who seem to think the top 3 are on a completely different planet and pretty much unbeatable. Like they're "big" and he isn't. Like he's never beaten them before, and doesn't hold a winning record against one of them. Like he didn't trounce Nadal 6-0 in Tokyo in their last encounter. Like Federer didn't drop sets against three players ranked 89th or lower. Like whenever Andy plays them he gets trounced.

You can tell who the genuine tennis fans and the average braindead football fans straight away by the utter lack of any form of basic tennis knowledge. I might be able to take some of them a bit more seriously if they posted valid reasons for their opinions or more balanced arguments, but it's always just utter vitriol with no basis whatsoever.

Blah. I told myself I'd never read these comments for these reasons. FFS Nigel, look what you've done.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #28 on: June 27, 2012, 01:54 AM »

This is a rallying call. C'mon!

I've had an idea. We all know Murray gets some serious stick in the media. It's particularly bad in the Daily Mail, where the unmoderated comments after his articles are embarrassing and full of mindless vitriol.

The Mail online is read by about 10 million people daily.

During Wimbledon, when the hatred reaches its peak, I spot an opportunity to change public perception.

Here's what we need to do. ALL OF US. For the next 2 weeks, we ALL need to get onto the Mail online, seek out every article about Murray and log an OUTRAGEOUSLY OTT positive comment. Whilst you're there, mark down any negative comments you see about Murray with a red arrow and reward positive ones with a green arrow.

C'mon. We can turn this thing on its head! Even if we don't, we can have some fun.

You can start here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2165098/Wimbledon-2012-Andy-Murray-thrashes-Nikolay-Davydenko.html

I've been doing the green arrow and red arrow thing for a bit.

I'll have to think of something whitty witty (sorry, I appear to have NZised it Whistle )and smart now Very Happy
[ Last edit by Bevc June 27, 2012, 02:36 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #29 on: June 27, 2012, 01:56 AM »

I think I'm Annabel Croft Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »