Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments

(Read 7089 times)
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #45 on: June 27, 2012, 11:21 AM »

This sounds like it could be entertaining lol
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #46 on: June 27, 2012, 11:27 AM »

Normally one of your fiercest critics but I raise my cup to you Mr Murray, that was quite a display you put on yesterday. Bravo!

- Fuzzy Balls, Wimbledon Common, England, 27/6/2012 10:45

innocent

Thanks, Fuzzy.  shocking
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #47 on: June 27, 2012, 11:38 AM »

I've just done mine.  'Sublime tennis, Andy, and one day you'll get that Grand Slam. Watched you since you first turned pro and have come to recognise your talent and read beneath the solemnity to the thoroughly decent person underneath. Some people can't see further than the end of their nose when it comes to personality. Good Luck with this sporting summer.' Haven't received e-mail yet to say it's there - hope I haven't made any mistakes.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #48 on: June 27, 2012, 11:45 AM »

'Murray showed why he's no.4 in the world in this match. Great play without needing to play his best. Of course he's not that great a player and it's all a complete fluke that he's no. 4 in the world. Really he should step aside and let Britain's really great players have a chance- like the British no.2 James Ward currently ranked 173 in the world! Now there's a player!'

Mine Smile

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #49 on: June 27, 2012, 12:06 PM »

Bev - Brilliant! lol

Ahem! - I buy the Mail every day ... Very Happy  (it does have its good points, believe it or not.  Also have a look at the Scotsman though, so that probably balances things up!)

Sorry yours didn't get posted because I'm really surprised at some of the utter sh*t they've let through, but, as you say, the truth hurts.  I really love this latest moron - and he has the nerve to call himself 'tennis guy'!!

"Murray is the most boring, monotone, loser that we have ever produced . His face is a misery , his acting and unsportsmanlike abilities very good , but he never wins anything that matters . No doubt the same this year as wait until he competes against real tennis players !"
- tennis guy, uk, 27/6/2012 09:07

I see I've notched up 32 greens since my post appeared at midnight.

How's everyone else doing?  Sorry, can't face trawling through that load of human detritus again even although there are a lot of positives, some of them extremely so.
Sorry, corrected - Wouldn't want to be scaring off the thick numbskulls that know **** all about Murray or tennis in general that appear to make up a large proportion of their readers now would we.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #50 on: June 27, 2012, 01:19 PM »

Posted a comment but forgot to copy it to here - sorry.  Seems to be going well though!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #51 on: June 27, 2012, 01:40 PM »

Bev - 39 positives
Aileen - 37
Katie - 66!
Me - 34
Murray Magic - 69!
Good, good, good!  Let's keep 'em coming! yay  I've finally plucked up the strength again to wade through the latest batch and hit the appropriate arrows.

Sorry, corrected - Wouldn't want to be scaring off the thick numbskulls that know f**k all about Murray or tennis in general that appear to make up a large proportion of their readers now would we.
Thank you - my integrity has now been restored.  wink   lol
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #52 on: June 27, 2012, 01:55 PM »

This is a rallying call. C'mon!

I've had an idea. We all know Murray gets some serious stick in the media. It's particularly bad in the Daily Mail, where the unmoderated comments after his articles are embarrassing and full of mindless vitriol.

The Mail online is read by about 10 million people daily.

During Wimbledon, when the hatred reaches its peak, I spot an opportunity to change public perception.

Here's what we need to do. ALL OF US. For the next 2 weeks, we ALL need to get onto the Mail online, seek out every article about Murray and log an OUTRAGEOUSLY OTT positive comment. Whilst you're there, mark down any negative comments you see about Murray with a red arrow and reward positive ones with a green arrow.

C'mon. We can turn this thing on its head! Even if we don't, we can have some fun.

You can start here: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2165098/Wimbledon-2012-Andy-Murray-thrashes-Nikolay-Davydenko.html
Yep done mine, great idea.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #53 on: June 27, 2012, 03:31 PM »

Didn't really want to give out my e-mail address, but didn't have a choice because you need to click onto a link they send to your e-mail in order to post your comments.  Oh well.. did it anyway. Here's mine. Was a bit worried about my stats being correct, but then I realised only the true supporters would notice, so why worry:

Andy Murray plays tennis ALL year, ALL over the world, and not just a few matches for 2 weeks of the year at Wimbledon. I often think Joe Public has no idea of just how good he is and what he achieves before and after this tournament.

So far this year he's WON 27 out of the 36 matches played. Last year he WON 56 out of 69. I'd say that was mightily impressive!
Murray is a national treasure who should be treasured instead of vilified.
Stick it to 'em Andy!  Your real fans know.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #54 on: June 27, 2012, 03:43 PM »

'Murray showed why he's no.4 in the world in this match. Great play without needing to play his best. Of course he's not that great a player and it's all a complete fluke that he's no. 4 in the world. Really he should step aside and let Britain's really great players have a chance- like the British no.2 James Ward currently ranked 173 in the world! Now there's a player!'

Mine Smile

clap clap Awesome!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #55 on: June 27, 2012, 03:52 PM »

Normally one of your fiercest critics but I raise my cup to you Mr Murray, that was quite a display you put on yesterday. Bravo!

- Fuzzy Balls, Wimbledon Common, England, 27/6/2012 10:45

innocent

I've just responded to Fuzzy lol

Having read through all the posts on here - the good, the bad and the downright ignorant - it's very satisfying to read such a positive comment from somebody who has professed to being one of Andy's harshest critics.  Yes, that was some display yesterday and shows us why Andy has become one of the very best players in the world.  Not only does he have huge talent but also total dedication to the sport, and all that that entails, i.e. sacrifice of leisure time and extremely hard work.  Perhaps all his other critics should take a good look themselves and ask just what they have achieved so far in their lives before jumping in and putting the boot into the greatest tennis player Britain has ever had.

EDIT - Oh my!  That was quick - it just got posted!  w00t

[ Last edit by Aileen June 27, 2012, 04:22 PM ] IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #56 on: June 27, 2012, 04:01 PM »

fine  I have joined in this banter mail  thing.   I want that prize.  Kevin from Newcastle  got 100 plus on the comments    what  ?!  Very Happy  http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2165098/Wimbledon-2012-Andy-Murray-thrashes-Nikolay-Davydenko.html

Here is mines Very Happy

Andy played superb tennis against Davydenko.  Very impressive. Lets face it  Andy will do a lot better  than England did at the Euros .  Andy is such a inspirational sportsman and is the best tennis player ever to come from Britain since FP ,   26363722 years ago.  His tennis is magical at times  and I will support him through thick and thin.  We all have disappoints in life.   as you do in any sport.  Tennis is a funny old game.  You have your ups and downs .. Cmon Andy!!

I liked up for this Very Happy 
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 June 27, 2012, 04:19 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #57 on: June 27, 2012, 04:19 PM »

^^   Nice one, John. Smile  And I see it's already been posted.  Well done. clap
[ Last edit by Aileen June 27, 2012, 04:26 PM ] IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #58 on: June 27, 2012, 06:19 PM »

I've sent them a comment.  If it gets posted, I'll copy it here.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #59 on: June 27, 2012, 06:27 PM »

I've sent them a comment.  If it gets posted, I'll copy it here.
Copy it anyway.  It's interesting to see what us MWers are saying.  And don't forget to keep clicking on the green/red arrows!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »