Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Down Reply
Author

C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments

(Read 6380 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #135 on: August 23, 2012, 11:14 PM »

Anybody up for another Daily Mail campaign during the USO?

I'm not around (holiday!), so can't contribute much. However, there's a massive media focus on Andy after the Olympics, so this could be a great opportunity to launch phase II of our social experiment.

For newbies: green-arrow the positive comments, red-arrow the negative ones, and post uber-positive comments of your own.

Anybody up for it? Here's your starter for ten: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2192635/US-Open-2012-draw-Andy-Murray-faces-Alex-Bogomolov-round.html#comments

Good luck, chaps, and see you in Trafalgar Square.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #136 on: June 23, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Anybody up for reviving this exercise this year? I think we made some good headway last summer.

If anyone's up for it, this is what we do:

The Mail Online is read by about 10 million people daily.

During Wimbledon, when the ABM brigade are out in force, we ALL need to get onto the Mail online, seek out every article about Murray and log an OUTRAGEOUSLY OTT positive comment.

Whilst you're there, mark down any negative comments you see about Murray with a red arrow and reward positive ones with a green arrow.

Even if it doesn't work, it's a bit of fun.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #137 on: June 23, 2013, 03:56 PM »

Ok Nigel i did my bit.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #138 on: June 23, 2013, 04:02 PM »

I do it all the time, can't stand some of the anti Murray comments.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #139 on: June 23, 2013, 06:21 PM »

Anybody up for reviving this exercise this year? I think we made some good headway last summer.

If anyone's up for it, this is what we do:

The Mail Online is read by about 10 million people daily.

During Wimbledon, when the ABM brigade are out in force, we ALL need to get onto the Mail online, seek out every article about Murray and log an OUTRAGEOUSLY OTT positive comment.

Whilst you're there, mark down any negative comments you see about Murray with a red arrow and reward positive ones with a green arrow.

Even if it doesn't work, it's a bit of fun.

Good you're reviving this, soon to become a MW tradition. I started a couple of days ago, not only on the Mail but some others as well. There are some wicked people in this world that aim to take down good sportsmen. I simply cant understand what drives them to do it.
Here we go again!
 Boxing
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #140 on: June 23, 2013, 06:27 PM »

Good you're reviving this, soon to become a MW tradition. I started a couple of days ago, not only on the Mail but some others as well. There are some wicked people in this world that aim to take down good sportsmen. I simply cant understand what drives them to do it.
Here we go again!
 Boxing
I do it every day, but will go over the top this fortnight.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #141 on: June 23, 2013, 08:43 PM »

I don't want to ask for a lot, but will you all with MTF accounts keep the Murray boat floating with Prodigy because there has been some nasty stuff said about him on there and about how he is disrespectful etc.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #142 on: June 23, 2013, 08:59 PM »

Who prod or Andy?
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #143 on: June 23, 2013, 09:02 PM »

Who prod or Andy?

Murray.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #144 on: June 23, 2013, 09:48 PM »

I have lost patience with the cretins who post such vile abuse. There are some very sad, inadequates who post on there. I now simply report the posts to the moderators and get them removed,  which really seems to wind the main offenders up.

However I am game to join in.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #145 on: June 23, 2013, 10:11 PM »

Jeez, it's started in earnest. We've got our work cut out:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2346773/Wimbledon-2013-Tennis-stars-final-preparations-ahead-blockbuster-opening-day.html#comments
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #146 on: June 23, 2013, 10:33 PM »

Daily Mail, MTF, even my team's football forum that I frequent - I'm not going remotely close. It shouldn't, but I get really pissed off by these typically ignorant/trolling comments, blood pressure rises quite quickly. So I'm steering clear, I think.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #147 on: June 24, 2013, 02:19 AM »

Sorry but i have better things to do with my time over the next fortnight than to converse with forum trolls, those people are professional keyboard warriors and most of the time probably don't even mean what they say, they just like to stir things up, you think if Andy wins Wimbledon they will all of a sudden change their tune? of course they won't, it's pointless, and they are a minority, a really small minority
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #148 on: June 24, 2013, 07:10 AM »

The very thought of the Daily Fail makes me so  ranting like Gnomey I will avoid.
Good luck to u all who do participate though. Wink
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #149 on: June 24, 2013, 09:46 AM »

There really are some nitwits out there. retard  I do wonder about the human race sometimes, especially those located in the UK.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »