Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Reply
Author

C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments

(Read 8105 times)
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #150 on: June 24, 2013, 11:20 AM »

I think tennis comments in the Daily Fail should be put in wider context

e,g. taking a much more serious issue - I remember reading a story about the Madeline McCann case a few years, and in the comments section of the Fail the parents were given the most vile abuse imaginable. Not enough that they'd lost their daughter, and been falsely accused of involvement etc. It really showed such a dark side of people.

The point being - if people will be so cruel about others going through incredible suffering, they aren't going to have any scruples being nasty about a tennis player. And there is little point trying to persuade people if they have so little conscience in the first place.

In any case - the trolls only ever really had one argument i.e 'he won't win a slam'. They lost, and all you hear now is the wailings of losers.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #151 on: June 24, 2013, 12:00 PM »

Not enough that they'd lost their daughter, and been falsely accused of involvement etc.

There's a criminal profiler working in America who'll tell you they're guilty as hell.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #152 on: June 24, 2013, 12:21 PM »

Oh my goodness. Have been looking at the incomprehensible bile being spouted. I am lost for words!!
I really cannot believe they are still going on about that flockin comment about the England football team. It really is sad times we live in. I'm just gonna ignore these cupid stunts!!
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #153 on: June 24, 2013, 04:27 PM »

Grabcopy - yes, she'll tell you so but she has no evidence
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #154 on: June 24, 2013, 05:10 PM »

Sorry but i have better things to do with my time over the next fortnight than to converse with forum trolls, those people are professional keyboard warriors and most of the time probably don't even mean what they say, they just like to stir things up, you think if Andy wins Wimbledon they will all of a sudden change their tune? of course they won't, it's pointless, and they are a minority, a really small minority
Good posting!
IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #155 on: June 27, 2013, 08:26 AM »

I'm still of the view that trolls want you to argue with them.  It's validation for their petty lives.

It's fine to add your own comments, reacting to the story or simply the match, but as soon as you  start to discuss someone's negative comment, it gives that original far more prominence, and the only feedback the troll understands is that they have got people talking, and have hijacked the thread.  It's a victory for them, and they'll be back for more.

I do think it is of value to post positive stuff, not least because it can act as changing the subject, although it rarely works.  There is always someone well meaning who barely notices all of the nice stuff, and cannot resist the temptation to drag a discussion back to what the troll wants to talk about.

The phrase "don't feed the trolls" is popular for a reason. Smile
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #156 on: June 27, 2013, 09:51 AM »

There's a criminal profiler working in America who'll tell you they're guilty as hell.

I completely agree with you on that one. I have read up on it. Their behavior is very odd. The whole situation is suspect beyond belief.  Have you a link to the criminal profiler?

With regard to the DM trolls I know I shouldn't react, but sometimes the comments are so foul I can't help myself. I agree it just feeds them.
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #157 on: June 27, 2013, 10:02 AM »

Masaka - it is rather ironic that you choose to echo smears against the McCann's before criticising internet trolls!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #158 on: June 27, 2013, 10:05 AM »

Have you a link to the criminal profiler?

http://www.mccannfiles.com/id31.html
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #159 on: June 27, 2013, 11:13 AM »

Masaka - it is rather ironic that you choose to echo smears against the McCann's before criticising internet trolls!

I an not echoing smears against the McCann's, I am merely stating that based on what I have read on this subject, I find that aspects of the case make me doubt their innocence. Without wishing to get into what will undoubtedly become a savagely, abusive confrontation, when all is said and done:-

1) They left repeatedly left 3 children under 5, alone in an apartment night after night. They do not seem to regard that as unacceptable parenting.  I do.
2) As I understand it only about 10% of the money raised to find their daughter, has been spent on that aim.
3) I do not think that if they are involved it was deliberate. I suspect it was a tragic accident, by a mother who was not coping.
4) Whatever did or did not happen all their lives have been destroyed by it. Whether or not they are involved they have paid an unimaginable price for what has happened. However not as much as their daughter.
5) I put them first simply because I responded to the comments in order.
6) This situation could have been avoided, by the simple expedient, of employing a baby sitter, to sit in the apartment with their children. By not doing that they are the people first and foremost who are responsible, for the loss of their child.

I did not risk having children, because of the possible genetic components to my disability. I would not have risked putting a child through the amount of pain I suffered as a child.  However I would have liked them. Understandably I get fairly  frustrated by people who are fortunate enough to have them, but don't take proper care of them.

It's an emotive subject to me, so I will shut my trap now. It is undoubtedly an emotive subject to you, so I apologize for any unintended offense.

In the absence of any concrete evidence to the contrary, the McCann's are innocent. There is no actual evidence to suggest otherwise.

Note:  Mods if this post is inappropriate please remove. I have tried to be balanced.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #160 on: June 27, 2013, 11:18 AM »

Not inappropriate, Masaka. Just off-topic. Why don't you start a new thread? I for one would be interested in the debate.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #161 on: June 27, 2013, 11:19 AM »

I an not echoing smears against the McCann's, I am merely stating that based on what I have read on this subject, I find that aspects of the case make me doubt their innocence. Without wishing to get into what will undoubtedly become a savagely, abusive confrontation, when all is said and done:-

1) They left repeatedly left 3 children under 5, alone in an apartment night after night. They do not seem to regard that as unacceptable parenting.  I do.
2) As I understand it only about 10% of the money raised to find their daughter, has been spent on that aim.
3) I do not think that if they are involved it was deliberate. I suspect it was a tragic accident, by a mother who was not coping.
4) Whatever did or did not happen all their lives have been destroyed by it. Whether or not they are involved they have paid an unimaginable price for what has happened. However not as much as their daughter.
5) I put them first simply because I responded to the comments in order.
6) This situation could have been avoided, by the simple expedient, of employing a baby sitter, to sit in the apartment with their children. By not doing that they are the people first and foremost who are responsible, for the loss of their child.

I did not risk having children, because of the possible genetic components to my disability. I would not have risked putting a child through the amount of pain I suffered as a child.  However I would have liked them. Understandably I get fairly  frustrated by people who are fortunate enough to have them, but don't take proper care of them.

It's an emotive subject to me, so I will shut my trap now. It is undoubtedly an emotive subject to you, so I apologize for any unintended offense.

In the absence of any concrete evidence to the contrary, the McCann's are innocent. There is no actual evidence to suggest otherwise.

Note:  Mods if this post is inappropriate please remove. I have tried to be balanced.
   Interesting thoughtful post. I have long had doubts about the truth of this tragedy, but this is not the forum or the thread to develop this topic. But thanks for posting.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #162 on: June 27, 2013, 11:34 AM »

Not inappropriate, Masaka. Just off-topic. Why don't you start a new thread? I for one would be interested in the debate.

Thanks, I don't actually know how to start a new thread. I rather think the debate would get out of hand very quickly, based on other forums I have been on. Equally it is a subject that I find interesting. From my understanding though,  somebody monitors threads on the subject and exercises pressure via threats of legal action to close them down.  Any thread that doesn't toe  the party line of the McCann's being excellent parents with exemplary child care skills seems to disappear off the  Internet very  quickly - certainly within the UK.  I respect Murray's World too much to put it in a position whereby it might be  compromised.
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #163 on: June 27, 2013, 01:05 PM »

Thanks, I don't actually know how to start a new thread. I rather think the debate would get out of hand very quickly, based on other forums I have been on. Equally it is a subject that I find interesting. From my understanding though,  somebody monitors threads on the subject and exercises pressure via threats of legal action to close them down.  Any thread that doesn't toe  the party line of the McCann's being excellent parents with exemplary child care skills seems to disappear off the  Internet very  quickly - certainly within the UK.  I respect Murray's World too much to put it in a position whereby it might be  compromised.
My very close personal friend - a nurse - worked with Gerry McCann.  As far as she's concerned, they're innocent and that's been good enough for me.  Nevertheless a tragic error.
IP Logged
althusser
Satellite Level

I Conquer

Re: C'mon! Let's monopolise the Daily Mail comments « Reply #164 on: June 27, 2013, 03:44 PM »

Fair enough Masaka - most of the points you raise make the point that the parents should not have left the child in that situation, and that is a certainly a reasonable viewpoint.

My original comment was just to make the point that the abuse our no. 1 tennis player get gets is not surprising when you see the vitriol directed at the McCanns, when , as you say, they will have suffered terribly whatever happened
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »