Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Can you help me to submit this news 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Can you help me to submit this news

(Read 531 times)
Iain
Futures Level

Can you help me to submit this news « on: November 04, 2005, 10:25 PM »

Hi Mark. Love the site, been using it for a month. There was a hilarious piece in the Guardian yesterday (thursday the 3rd November) about Andy Murrays's fans descending on Wimbledon next year.  I think it was headlined Andy Murray's Tartan Army. It was about the effect they would have on SW19 and was quite irreverent. Not the sort of piece an "official site" would care for - but the users here would love it.

It was in the sports section, in the D.J. Nicky Campbell's column. It wasn't the main part of the column. It was a sub-column. I've been onto Thursday's Guardian online but can't find his column. I could e-mail them or I could type it into the computer. Unfortunately, our scanner is set up for our faster p.c. which is not on-line. It's deliberately dedicated off-line so we don't get any viruses. Hence I'm currently using our old 386sx (yes that's correct!) with broadband.  

Can you go onto the site and see if your superior computer skills can track it down? If not, you could e-mail me back and I could type it in.
Cheers, Iain
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Re: Can you help me to submit this news « Reply #1 on: November 05, 2005, 08:36 AM »

Quote from: "Iain"
Unfortunately, our scanner is set up for our faster p.c. which is not on-line. It's deliberately dedicated off-line so we don't get any viruses. Hence I'm currently using our old 386sx (yes that's correct!) with broadband.

A 386? Surprised I haven't seen one of those in years!

That's so slow though, what's it running and how the hell have you got broadband on there?

No way can that machine handle the speed... I was using a PII on broadband a while ago and it was like dial-up. Rolling Eyes

If you want any advice on protection from viruses/trojans/spyware/hijackers etc. just let me know. wink
IP Logged
Iain
Futures Level

Can you help me to submit this news « Reply #2 on: November 07, 2005, 12:29 AM »

Hey John,

Indeed, it's true. A 386sx 16mhz, although we've upgraded it with megs of ram, not sure about anything else. it runs very quickly with broadband, we've got a PC pentium beginning in A , not an intel processor, forgotten the name, but unfortunately my dad wants to keep it offline. So, I reckon I won't be able to download video clips or music on the old one, is this correct? A warning from norton came up about a trojan horse on murraysworld the nother day. Iswitched the computer off.

Cheers, Iain
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Can you help me to submit this news « Reply #3 on: November 07, 2005, 12:51 AM »

Quote from: "Iain"
Hey John,

Indeed, it's true. A 386sx 16mhz, although we've upgraded it with megs of ram, not sure about anything else. it runs very quickly with broadband, we've got a PC pentium beginning in A , not an intel processor, forgotten the name, but unfortunately my dad wants to keep it offline. So, I reckon I won't be able to download video clips or music on the old one, is this correct? A warning from norton came up about a trojan horse on murraysworld the nother day. Iswitched the computer off.

Cheers, Iain

Heh, a trojan horse here on MW? I've herd that a certain Nortan security package considers the shoutbox on the mainpage as a security risk but that woudn't suggest a trojan horse, I don't think...
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »