Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Preds
Murray in 2 - 28 (82.4%)
Murray in 3 - 4 (11.8%)
Benny in 2 - 0 (0%)
Benny in 3 - 2 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau

(Read 7427 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #75 on: August 15, 2013, 06:08 PM »

Like it or not Fed, nadal and djoker are all still bigger draws than Andy, that's fact whether we like it or not. Organisers do what's best for ticket sales. I am sure Andy doesn't care one bit what court he is on, he will have his mind set on the match and the court won't cross his mind.  Think how world number 4 Ferrer feels out on court 4....
Well said, PE.  And I do feel sorry for Ferrer.  Despite being No.4 he's been treated generally as though he doesn't exist.

How many times must Andy prove himself to prove he is worthy.  Whistle
Andy has proved to himself that he's worthy, and that's what really counts. 
[ Last edit by Aileen August 15, 2013, 06:12 PM ] IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #76 on: August 15, 2013, 06:12 PM »

Well said, PE.  And I do feel sorry for Ferrer.  Despite being No.4 he's been treated generally as though he doesn't exist.

Andy has proved to himself that he's worthy, and that's what really counts. 

That's because he doesn't.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #77 on: August 15, 2013, 06:30 PM »

That's because he doesn't.
Ferrer doesn't exist?  OK so he's never won a Slam and only has one Masters to his name, but he still managed to get into the top 5, and you don't get there by sitting on your bum.  I get really pissed off with people dissing him because he's won 'only' 20 titles.

Meanwhile Delpo defeated Lopez 6-4, 1-6, 6-4.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #78 on: August 15, 2013, 06:34 PM »

I was miffed earlier on with regard to Ferrer. They did one of those 'big four' items. Djokovic, Andy, Nadal and Federer were all mentioned. Federer is 5 in the world!!!!! Ferrer might not be on a par with the others, but to completely deny the existence of the bloke is unfair, especially when, on balance, he's had a better year than Federer. Ferrer has worked bloody hard for his ranking and deserves respect. It's so obvious that he was being shown some respect within the game until Nadal came back, now it's back to overlooking the bloke again.

Still, Ferrer has just lost, so I suppose its a moot point now.
[ Last edit by teejay1 August 15, 2013, 06:38 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #79 on: August 15, 2013, 06:42 PM »

I was miffed earlier on with regard to Ferrer. They did one of those 'big four' items. Djokovic, Andy, Nadal and Federer were all mentioned. Federer is 5 in the world!!!!! Ferrer might not be on a par with the others, but to completely deny the existence of the bloke is unfair, especially when, on balance, he's had a better year than Federer.

I noticed that just after I posted lol, but it doesn't alter the fact that he's still a very good player.

Anyway on the subject of SmugFed, am I the only person who thought the fact that he's reverted to his old racquet for Cincy and the USO amusing?  He wasn't doing too well with that one either!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #80 on: August 15, 2013, 06:44 PM »

Andy always says how Ferrer is underrated.  He strikes me as someone who doesn't have the natural talent of the others in the top 5 but he works so hard and never gives up and has achieved and maintained his ranking because of that.  Shouldn't be dissed therefore. Always strikes me as genuinely humble guy too.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #81 on: August 15, 2013, 06:48 PM »

Andy always says how Ferrer is underrated.  He strikes me as someone who doesn't have the natural talent of the others in the top 5 but he works so hard and never gives up and has achieved and maintained his ranking because of that.  Shouldn't be dissed therefore. Always strikes me as genuinely humble guy too.
Totally agree, Ruthie, but I guess it takes another humble guy to recognise the worth of his achievements and what he's had to go through to get them.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #82 on: August 15, 2013, 06:58 PM »

Getting really p****d off with the Sky comms.  Seriously guys, cut the drivel and get your facts right!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #83 on: August 15, 2013, 06:59 PM »

Getting really p****d off with the Sky comms.  Seriously guys, cut the drivel and get your facts right!!

What they saying?
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #84 on: August 15, 2013, 07:04 PM »

Anyway on the subject of SmugFed, am I the only person who thought the fact that he's reverted to his old racquet for Cincy and the USO amusing?  He wasn't doing too well with that one either!
[/quote]

Absolutely, Aileen.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #85 on: August 15, 2013, 07:31 PM »

Absolutely, Aileen.
He says he's going back to his new one though after the USO because he felt he hadn't had time to test it out properly. Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #86 on: August 15, 2013, 07:34 PM »

Quite nervous for this match.   
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #87 on: August 15, 2013, 07:43 PM »

I was miffed earlier on with regard to Ferrer. They did one of those 'big four' items. Djokovic, Andy, Nadal and Federer were all mentioned. Federer is 5 in the world!!!!! Ferrer might not be on a par with the others, but to completely deny the existence of the bloke is unfair, especially when, on balance, he's had a better year than Federer. Ferrer has worked bloody hard for his ranking and deserves respect. It's so obvious that he was being shown some respect within the game until Nadal came back, now it's back to overlooking the bloke again.

I agree. The fact he lost dosent change anything really Andy lost early last week and Fed's been losing early all year :p. I think Ferrer should get a bit more time on stadium courts. If and when Ferrer drops out of the top 5 then fair enough stick him on outside courts. but until then his ranking should be respected. I think the number of fans Ferrer has, is vastly underestimated tbh.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #88 on: August 15, 2013, 07:48 PM »

Quite nervous for this match.   
You're nervous about every match John. lol  Must admit I feel always feel a tad nervous myself, sometimes more than others.  I don't think I'll ever be able to watch an Andy match feeling completely relaxed.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #89 on: August 15, 2013, 07:52 PM »

Federer is strugging against Haas. Nothing going right for him so far. Missing nearly every ball.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »