Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Preds
Murray in 2 - 28 (82.4%)
Murray in 3 - 4 (11.8%)
Benny in 2 - 0 (0%)
Benny in 3 - 2 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau

(Read 5447 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « on: August 14, 2013, 05:23 PM »

After an emphatic win over Russian Youzhny, The Tradesman will face Julien Benneteau. Benneteau has been in poor form since Rotterdam so this should be an eady straight sets win for the Wimbledon champion.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2013, 05:33 PM »

Poll please!!! Aileen wouldn't miss out a poll  Whistle
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #2 on: August 14, 2013, 06:16 PM »

Murray in 2, no probs for the big yin Smile
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2013, 06:17 PM »

Murray in 2. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 06:20 PM »

Poll please!!! Aileen wouldn't miss out a poll  Whistle
I wonder if Benneteau will play?  My comm said he twisted his ankle towards the end of the 3rd set against Stepanek.

[ Last edit by Aileen August 14, 2013, 06:35 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #5 on: August 14, 2013, 06:21 PM »

I've voted in 2 too but Benneteau has quite a good record against some of the top players so don't let's get too cocky folks.     And wasn't it at this stage that Chardy surprised us all by beating Andy?  So let's give Benneteau the respect Andy will as he could push Andy even with a twisted ankle (assuming it's not too bad a twist).  Anyway go Andy go.  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 06:31 PM »

I've voted in 2 too but Benneteau has quite a good record against some of the top players so don't let's get too cocky folks.     And wasn't it at this stage that Chardy surprised us all by beating Andy?  So let's give Benneteau the respect Andy will as he could push Andy even with a twisted ankle (assuming it's not too bad a twist).  Anyway go Andy go.  cmon yeah
Andy will be taking nothing for granted and neither am I.  And the last time they met, which was the first time since Cincy 2009, was in Monte Carlo last year when Benny retired at 6-5 down in the first set after a heavy fall.  He tried to continue playing but had to give up.  I seem to remember the French crowd weren't too happy. Whistle
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #7 on: August 14, 2013, 06:41 PM »

Andy will be taking nothing for granted and neither am I.  And the last time they met, which was the first time since Cincy 2009, was in Monte Carlo last year when Benny retired at 6-5 down in the first set after a heavy fall.  He tried to continue playing but had to give up.  I seem to remember the French crowd weren't too happy. Whistle

I was just thinking of that fall when I saw who Andy is playing.  Benny was playing fantastically and it felt like he was sure to win, so that was maybe an additional reason why he burst into tears after is fall. That and the fact that it was a really sore one. If my memory serves me correctly, he skidded, overbalanced and turned his ankle really badly, then as he went down in immediate pain, he was unable to get his arm out of the way and managed savagely sprain that as well! Not a pretty sight.   shocking
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #8 on: August 14, 2013, 06:44 PM »

^ Never nice to see a player lose a match that way.  Must have been really frustrating and disappointing for the guy.  I don't remember it, so I suppose I must have missed it.  Here's hoping this match is a good one, with the best man winning - injury free.
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #9 on: August 14, 2013, 06:58 PM »

Again Andy is in a position to collect some extra points I'm hoping he won't throw this chance away this time
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #10 on: August 14, 2013, 07:02 PM »

Again Andy is in a position to collect some extra points I'm hoping he won't throw this chance away this time
I'm sure he has no intention of 'throwing' anything away and wants to win as much as we all want him to.  On the day - it just depends.  That's Andy - take him or leave him.  Shrug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #11 on: August 14, 2013, 07:59 PM »

I'm sure he has no intention of 'throwing' anything away and wants to win as much as we all want him to.  On the day - it just depends.  That's Andy - take him or leave him.  Shrug
and I'll take him every time Elly - win or lose
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #12 on: August 14, 2013, 08:01 PM »

I was just thinking of that fall when I saw who Andy is playing.  Benny was playing fantastically and it felt like he was sure to win, so that was maybe an additional reason why he burst into tears after is fall. That and the fact that it was a really sore one. If my memory serves me correctly, he skidded, overbalanced and turned his ankle really badly, then as he went down in immediate pain, he was unable to get his arm out of the way and managed savagely sprain that as well! Not a pretty sight.   shocking
I know.  It was horrible to watch, although he recovered sufficiently in time to play at RG.  Also it's because Benneteau was playing so well that day that I'm not taking anything for granted tomorrow, assuming his present ankle injury is a fairly minor one.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 14, 2013, 08:26 PM ] IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #13 on: August 14, 2013, 08:02 PM »

and I'll take him every time Elly - win or lose
That's why we're here, Ruthie!  Very Happy
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #14 on: August 14, 2013, 09:25 PM »

Good Luck Andy in your match against Benneteau.  Serve up aces and great returns....and may the force be with you!!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »