Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Preds
Murray in 2 - 28 (82.4%)
Murray in 3 - 4 (11.8%)
Benny in 2 - 0 (0%)
Benny in 3 - 2 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau

(Read 6489 times)
Rachie
Seed

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #15 on: August 14, 2013, 10:42 PM »

Benne has got a very awkward game, and it will not be easy for Andy, unless he starts quickly like he did today and dosent let bennie have a look in.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #16 on: August 14, 2013, 10:43 PM »

I've voted for Andy in two.

I remember that match on the clay, but I never felt sure Benneteau would win before he went over, though I may have just blocked the thought out! It was a nasty fall though, there was some suggestion that a bone had been broken. I wouldn't have been surprised. He went down with a right old bang.

Benneteau did wipe the floor with Fed in Rotterdam this year, so he's a good player when he's in the mood, that's for sure. Mind you, Fed was awful that day, which might have helped somewhat.

I think Andy moves a lot better than Benneteau and will be a bit too quick around the court. I feel sure Andy will be raring to go too, to build on what he did today.

It was at this point last year that Andy had the mishap against Chardy, but Andy was just flat that day after his Olympics triumph, with all due respect to Chardy. Overall Andy has a pretty good record, if my memory serves, against the French players - my theory is their flair suits him - so I suspect this will be another to add to the list.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #17 on: August 14, 2013, 10:49 PM »

Benne has got a very awkward game, and it will not be easy for Andy, unless he starts quickly like he did today and dosent let bennie have a look in.
Just listened to Andy talk about the match.  Says Benny is good all-round player.  No particular great strengths, but no weaknesses either.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #18 on: August 15, 2013, 12:06 AM »

The Poll:
1 vote for Bennie in 3.
 Who amongst us? Gangsta, is it you, just for a laugh like? Whistle
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #19 on: August 15, 2013, 01:19 AM »

This match is 3rd on Grandstand tomorrow, so roughly 3pm in the afternoon in the states and 8pm here in the UK i guess
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #20 on: August 15, 2013, 01:52 AM »

The Poll:
1 vote for Bennie in 3.
 Who amongst us? Gangsta, is it you, just for a laugh like? Whistle
Whoever the comedian is, it seems to happen in all Andy's recent matches.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #21 on: August 15, 2013, 02:02 AM »

The Tradesman to serve Benne Bagels and Baguettes in 2. 
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #22 on: August 15, 2013, 02:15 AM »

This match is 3rd on Grandstand tomorrow, so roughly 3pm in the afternoon in the states and 8pm here in the UK i guess

If that's the case, then bad time for me and if Thursday's coverage is as good as today's on ESPN, then I'm stuffed! doh

Best of luck anyway Andy! cmonandy

* Murray vs Benneteau.JPG (126.89 KB, 834x954 - viewed 78 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #23 on: August 15, 2013, 03:14 AM »

Thanks again Bev. Smile  Shame about the time though. Frown
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #24 on: August 15, 2013, 03:21 AM »

Humm, they seem to have taken the schedule down for tomorrow, i wonder if they are re-arranging it
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #25 on: August 15, 2013, 03:25 AM »

Humm, they seem to have taken the schedule down for tomorrow, i wonder if they are re-arranging it
I wondered what was going on because I was only getting yesterdays and it's usually up by now.

EDIT - According to TennisTV Andy's second on Grandstand, after Lopez/Del Potro ... then it says "Follows WTA". confused  Meanwhile LiveScoreHunter have it down as 7pm.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 15, 2013, 03:35 AM ] IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #26 on: August 15, 2013, 03:39 AM »

I wondered what was going on because I was only getting yesterdays and it's usually up by now.

EDIT - According to TennisTV Andy's second on Grandstand, after Lopez/Del Potro ... then it says "Follows WTA". confused  Meanwhile LiveScoreHunter have it down as 7pm.

Yeah it was up an hour ago, but then i went to have another look about 20 minutes ago and it's gone walkabout.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #27 on: August 15, 2013, 03:42 AM »

Yeah it was up an hour ago, but then i went to have another look about 20 minutes ago and it's gone walkabout.
I've checked three times in the last hour, including just now, but no luck.  So frustrating ...!  And it isn't on the official website either.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 03:49 AM »

I've checked three times in the last hour, including just now, but no luck.  So frustrating ...!  And it isn't on the official website either.

And it's back up Very Happy Andy 3rd on grandstand, so what i said earlier about 8pm in the UK
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #29 on: August 15, 2013, 03:58 AM »

And it's back up Very Happy Andy 3rd on grandstand, so what i said earlier about 8pm in the UK
Jeez - talk about messing people around! lol

EDIT: Well if it was up it's come down again!  I'm looking at the ATP website too.

At last - confirmation that Andy is on 3rd. I'm going for a 7:30pm estimate.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 15, 2013, 04:33 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »