Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Preds
Murray in 2 - 28 (82.4%)
Murray in 3 - 4 (11.8%)
Benny in 2 - 0 (0%)
Benny in 3 - 2 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau

(Read 6263 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #30 on: August 15, 2013, 04:23 AM »

Jeez - talk about messing people around! lol

EDIT: Well if it was up it's come down again!  I'm looking at the ATP website too.

It's frustrating though, the number 1 and 2 seeded women are on the centre court but do you think that they recognise the mens number 1 & 2 accordingly? nope they keep Novak and bundle Andy onto Grandstand while 4th and 5th seeds Fedal get the center court Frown when are they going to show Andy some respect instead of pandering to Mr Federer, yes Fed may be box office but so is Andy, his time is coming to an end, they have to start recognising the others sooner or later right?

I really hope they treat Andy at the USO like the defending champion that he is, but i have a feeling they will cater to Fed and Nadal more than they do Andy.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #31 on: August 15, 2013, 04:25 AM »

Who gives a **** about what court he's on? At the end of the day it's the same surface.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #32 on: August 15, 2013, 04:29 AM »

Who gives a **** about what court he's on? At the end of the day it's the same surface.

duh

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #33 on: August 15, 2013, 07:33 AM »

well courts can make a real difference as we saw at USO when Andy came close to going out to Cilic - not helped by being bundled off to another court, he is less comfortable on.  I've no idea how Grandstand compares to Centre in Cinci but I do find it strange that Fed is given priority over Andy for the main court.  Perhaps Cinci hasn't noticed that there has been a changing of the guard and Andy is not just no 2 in the world but holder of 2 slam titles.  Of course it's just possible the organisers fear this might be smugfed's last stand at cinci and therefore have put him on centre today  Whistle
[ Last edit by Ruthie August 15, 2013, 08:03 AM ] IP Logged
*Sparkle*
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #34 on: August 15, 2013, 08:15 AM »

Of course it's just possible the organisers fear this might be smugfed's last stand at cinci and therefore have put him on centre today  Whistle
I suspect there is a lot in that.  Not just for the organisers, but for the tennis fans who might see this as their last chance to see Fed in action.  He is defending champion too, so that provides the kind excuse for treating him favourably, lol.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #35 on: August 15, 2013, 08:35 AM »

clap
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #36 on: August 15, 2013, 08:39 AM »

Whoever the comedian is, it seems to happen in all Andy's recent matches.

lol its me...

Only joking its not me...I think its boogers
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #37 on: August 15, 2013, 08:56 AM »

Would someone please explain why world no 2, Andy Murray has been dumped onto Cincinnati's Grandstand, second court today, whereas world 5, Federer, world 3, Nadal and world 1 Djokovic are all scheduled to play on Center Court.

Incidentally, does anyone know the reason for Andy Ireland's removal from Andy's team? I understand that Andy I recently got married and wanted to spend more time domestically. However, that aside was there a falling out between Andy M and Andy I? I ask this because Andy I was remarkably absent from Andy M's Wimbledon triumph.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #38 on: August 15, 2013, 09:10 AM »

I don't think there has been a falling out between Andy Ireland and A.M as the latter doesn't do falling out. Andy I is not around for personal reasons, he has a lot on his plate re his physio and getting married. Feel the same as you re Andy playing on Grandstand. Think Neil Harman is surprised, have tweeted him as he is in Cinci and can get some waves moving over there.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #39 on: August 15, 2013, 09:21 AM »

This will be a very tough match.      I think Andy will be up for it.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #40 on: August 15, 2013, 09:56 AM »

Looking forward to the match. I think Andy will come in all firing, would be good if he could get to the finals. G et some extra points before us open. Good luck andy.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #41 on: August 15, 2013, 10:04 AM »

If that's the case, then bad time for me and if Thursday's coverage is as good as today's on ESPN, then I'm stuffed! doh

Best of luck anyway Andy! cmonandy

Sorry to hear its AGAIN bad timing for you Bev (you will live in these far flung corners of the planet though lol )

A little bit of a wicked expression you've chosen for Andrews H2H today.. cheeky  Ha ha.

I'll vote for Andy in 2 since I got it wrong yesterday (I was chicken after Rogers exit and vote in 3). More confidence today  cmon yeah
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #42 on: August 15, 2013, 10:13 AM »

Would someone please explain why world no 2, Andy Murray has been dumped onto Cincinnati's Grandstand, second court today, whereas world 5, Federer, world 3, Nadal and world 1 Djokovic are all scheduled to play on Center Court.

Incidentally, does anyone know the reason for Andy Ireland's removal from Andy's team? I understand that Andy I recently got married and wanted to spend more time domestically. However, that aside was there a falling out between Andy M and Andy I? I ask this because Andy I was remarkably absent from Andy M's Wimbledon triumph.
Dunno, not heard if anything has happened or not, but it was clear that he wouldnt be traveling with Andy as a married man. I cant say I saw him either in the festivities, but then again wasnt looking for him. We only ever see the people the cameraman shows us.

On another subject though, hasn't Jez put on the Kg's ++ especially for a PT? He does a good job for Andy clearly, but not a good advert for promoting fitness himself.  shocking
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #43 on: August 15, 2013, 10:15 AM »

Them's the breaks Linda. The good news is that I have coverage to 9 am, that's 10pm UK, so may be able to tape it. Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #44 on: August 15, 2013, 01:29 PM »

Didn't they say during Wimbledon that Andy I wasn't around for personal reasons? I didn't read too much into it, but maybe that's just me.

As for the scheduling, I suppose Andy will say he doesn't really care as long as he plays, the court doesn't matter that much. He's always said that at Wimbledon, when he's been bumped off to Court One. It strikes me as ridiculous though, both from Andy's point of view and also the spectators perspective. I mean, as Andy, Djokovic, Nadal and Federer are all playing today, wouldn't it make sense to put two on the main court and two on Grandstand if they won't condescend to putting them all on the main court? Personally I'm inclined to think that if anyone should be bumped out to Grandstand it ought to be Federer, defending champion not withstanding. He's had a terrible year and his ranking has slipped. That's justification enough in my book, but that might just be me as well Whistle.

I remember being really angry when Andy was moved for the Cilic match at the USO last year. I do understand why Roddick was put on Ashe, he is American and he was retiring, but even so. It wasn't solely the change of court that angered me though, it was moving the match to an earlier spot than it was originally meant to be. I thought that was grossly unfair to our Andy. As much as I can see he probably should have just got on with it, I can understand why he looked so livid when he came out for that match and how it took him a while to adjust. The different court, one he is known not to be keen on, the change in time, which would have had a bearing on his preparations, the dead atmosphere on Armstrong at first, not to mention an opponent who can be awkward when he's in the mood, at least for a while. None of it would have helped. I still think Andy did so well to regroup and get that match done in four sets.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »