Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Matthias Bachinger, Today, 12:00 Midnight BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Preds
Murray in 2 - 28 (82.4%)
Murray in 3 - 4 (11.8%)
Benny in 2 - 0 (0%)
Benny in 3 - 2 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau

(Read 5859 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #45 on: August 15, 2013, 01:31 PM »

Like it or not Fed, nadal and djoker are all still bigger draws than Andy, that's fact whether we like it or not. Organisers do what's best for ticket sales. I am sure Andy doesn't care one bit what court he is on, he will have his mind set on the match and the court won't cross his mind.  Think how world number 4 Ferrer feels out on court 4....
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #46 on: August 15, 2013, 01:48 PM »

The Poll:
1 vote for Bennie in 3.
 Who amongst us? Gangsta, is it you, just for a laugh like? Whistle
Well it certainly isn't me Lashurst.......I've gone for Andy in two!  Very Happy
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #47 on: August 15, 2013, 02:03 PM »

Like it or not Fed, nadal and djoker are all still bigger draws than Andy, that's fact whether we like it or not. Organisers do what's best for ticket sales. I am sure Andy doesn't care one bit what court he is on, he will have his mind set on the match and the court won't cross his mind.  Think how world number 4 Ferrer feels out on court 4....
     I don't think Novak is that popular though.   *shrug*
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #48 on: August 15, 2013, 02:06 PM »

I don't think Novak is that popular though.   *shrug*

He's not, but he is still numero uno
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #49 on: August 15, 2013, 02:09 PM »

Novak is more popular than Andy still. Popularity is largely based on success. Novak is more successful than Andy and has more career titles. Now I am not bashing Andy at all but Nole imo also has more charisma, although ott at times, than Andy does, and that will gain him fans.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #50 on: August 15, 2013, 02:14 PM »

Novak is more popular than Andy still. Popularity is largely based on success. Novak is more successful than Andy and has more career titles. Now I am not bashing Andy at all but Nole imo also has more charisma, although ott at times, than Andy does, and that will gain him fans.

Quite right Prod.    The masses are not interested in quality.    They prefer superficiality.     That is why we have so many worthless "celebs" with no talent.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #51 on: August 15, 2013, 02:20 PM »

I like Novak and can see why he has a lot of fans, but I reckon he has a lot more haters than Fed does
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #52 on: August 15, 2013, 02:21 PM »

I disagree.  People are very shallow these days and I don't think popularity is based largely on success,  look at the WTA.  Serena isn't that popular yet she is very successful. It's  more to do with looks and personality.    Novak tries too hard these days imo.   I don't find him that funny.      His fans at times are insufferable with the whole Nolefam.   It's cringey.    

I like Novak and can see why he has a lot of fans, but I reckon he has a lot more haters than Fed does
  I agree.      Some people are blinded by the fact that fed  has been irrelevant for about almost a year.  Fed fans arguments will always be   17 SLAMS  !!!11111 !!!!  !!!       Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #53 on: August 15, 2013, 02:21 PM »

I think Fed/Haas and Rafa/Dimitrov should be on the main court as they look like good matches, but I'd have put Novak/Goffin on the second court and Andy/Benneteau on the main one. I know Novak is the number 1 and deserves preferential treatment but it's so rare nowadays to ever see him put on the second court.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #54 on: August 15, 2013, 02:30 PM »

I disagree.  People are very shallow these days and I don't think popularity is based largely on success,  look at the WTA.  Serena isn't that popular yet she is very successful. It's  more to do with looks and personality.    Novak tries too hard these days imo.   I don't find him that funny.      His fans at times are insufferable with the whole Nolefam.   It's cringey.   

I agree.      Some people are blinded by the fact that fed  has been irrelevant for about almost a year.  Fed fans arguments will always be   17 SLAMS  !!!11111 !!!!  !!!       Rolling Eyes

Serena not popular? This forum needs to watch tennis.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #55 on: August 15, 2013, 02:32 PM »

Serena not popular? This forum needs to watch tennis.

ummmmm.       confused
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #56 on: August 15, 2013, 02:36 PM »

ummmmm.       confused

You clearly stated that Serena Williams (America's highest paid female athlete, part of the infamous Williams sisters, Olympic champion and 16 time Slam winner) is not popular. ...
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #57 on: August 15, 2013, 03:40 PM »

Good luck Andy. May the farce be with you.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #58 on: August 15, 2013, 03:48 PM »

Good luck Andy. May the farce be with you.
The farce is obviously you.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #59 on: August 15, 2013, 04:08 PM »

The farce is obviously you.

I respectfully disagree
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »