Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Preds
Murray in 2 - 28 (82.4%)
Murray in 3 - 4 (11.8%)
Benny in 2 - 0 (0%)
Benny in 3 - 2 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau

(Read 5772 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #60 on: August 15, 2013, 04:14 PM »

yeah Marcus is back.   Thank goodness  yay
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #61 on: August 15, 2013, 04:40 PM »

Serena not popular? This forum needs to watch tennis.
I think most of MW watch a lot of tennis.  Serena is not all that popular, and most people I talk to root for her opponent.  I saw her play Saturday night in Toronto and the crowd were going equally for Radwanska.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #62 on: August 15, 2013, 04:46 PM »

Serena is popular. It's just that many people do not like her so much.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #63 on: August 15, 2013, 04:47 PM »

I think most of MW watch a lot of tennis.  Serena is not all that popular, and most people I talk to root for her opponent.  I saw her play Saturday night in Toronto and the crowd were going equally for Radwanska.

*facepalm* Serena has the biggest fanbase out of the top 10, to her someone like say Robson would be a nobody. Just because a small number don't like her and because some of the crowd root for the opponent, doesn't mean she isn't liked.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #64 on: August 15, 2013, 04:49 PM »

Serena is popular. It's just that many people do not like her so much.

Yes because they dwell on her mistakes.

During the US Open match with Clijsters for example, she didn't foot fault, and it was later proven so, what she said wasn't sparkling with happiness, but it was out of anger, she really wanted that match.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #65 on: August 15, 2013, 04:53 PM »

Yes because they dwell on her mistakes.

During the US Open match with Clijsters for example, she didn't foot fault, and it was later proven so, what she said wasn't sparkling with happiness, but it was out of anger, she really wanted that match.

Never really knew what happened during the USO so thanks for the info.

And yeah, as I've said before, people tend to start disliking players for not much reason. They do one mistake (I'm not talking about the foot fault thing here) and then people have a bad impression on him/her.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #66 on: August 15, 2013, 04:56 PM »

offtopic
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #67 on: August 15, 2013, 04:57 PM »

Centre Court and Grandstand courts are connected and are both very nice courts.  I'm sure Andy does not mind playing on that court.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #68 on: August 15, 2013, 04:58 PM »

offtopic

Whoops, sorry. Smile

IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #69 on: August 15, 2013, 05:02 PM »

Whoops, sorry. Smile

hug
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #70 on: August 15, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Like it or not Fed, nadal and djoker are all still bigger draws than Andy, that's fact whether we like it or not. Organisers do what's best for ticket sales. I am sure Andy doesn't care one bit what court he is on, he will have his mind set on the match and the court won't cross his mind.  Think how world number 4 Ferrer feels out on court 4....

The flaw in your argument is that tickets are purchased before anyone knows who is playing where. Popularity of the players, imagined or otherwise, isn't why people buy the tickets, unless of course you happen to be a Fed or Nadal fan, who give the impression that they would buy tickets for a pig pen if they thought their 'God' would turn up and hit a ball in it.

Personally I wouldn't put Djokovic on the main court today. The match with Goffin, frankly, is fairly unlikely to be a match (watch Goffin pull off the upset now!) so what's the point in that being on the main court?

It won't make any difference to Andy, but I think the organisers have got it wrong.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #71 on: August 15, 2013, 05:15 PM »

The farce is obviously you.

Nice and restrained Michelle, I like it Smile. I'd have just told him to farce off, but that's me Wink.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #72 on: August 15, 2013, 05:20 PM »

Good luck Andy. May the farce be with you.

lawl, you are one canny man, I like you, don't worry.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #73 on: August 15, 2013, 05:34 PM »

lawl, you are one canny man, I like you, don't worry.

Christ!! He really does need to start worrying  w00t
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #74 on: August 15, 2013, 05:39 PM »

How many times must Andy prove himself to prove he is worthy.  Whistle
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »