Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Preds
Murray in 2 - 28 (82.4%)
Murray in 3 - 4 (11.8%)
Benny in 2 - 0 (0%)
Benny in 3 - 2 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau

(Read 6199 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #225 on: August 15, 2013, 10:28 PM »

We just need Robredo to beat Berdych now.  Lol.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #226 on: August 15, 2013, 10:28 PM »

We have been treated to the Gold Standard tonight folks. So far so good. :-) yay

I hope Bev got to record or see some of this?
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #227 on: August 15, 2013, 10:29 PM »

Great.  And stress free.  Well done Andy. 
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #228 on: August 15, 2013, 10:33 PM »

Good performance from Andy. Signs of match sharpness returning in that one. Some great points in there. I think he is ready now for the USOpen...maybe one more match... but even if he loses the next I think he is ready.... perhaps a good thing to pick up some extra ranking points with a deeper run in this comp, although, Id prefer he didnt waste too much energy in this comp. Just be fresh for the US slam.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #229 on: August 15, 2013, 10:35 PM »

Good performance from Andy. Signs of match sharpness returning in that one. Some great points in there. I think he is ready now for the USOpen...maybe one more match... but even if he loses the next I think he is ready.... perhaps a good thing to pick up some extra ranking points with a deeper run in this comp, although, Id prefer he didnt waste too much energy in this comp. Just be fresh for the US slam.
If he doesn't make the semi-finals there's a good chance he won't be 2nd seed in New York. I'd like him to win the whole tournament.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #230 on: August 15, 2013, 10:37 PM »

I wan't him to win the tournament so the US open can be title 30.  Whistle
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #231 on: August 15, 2013, 10:42 PM »

Andy on centre court right now practising. 
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #232 on: August 15, 2013, 10:44 PM »

Easy win for The Tradesman, didn't play his BEST level, but didn't need to.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #233 on: August 15, 2013, 10:45 PM »

Andy on centre court right now practising. 
You what,  already? Howd'y know John? What are you watching?

I'll have to read the match  report in the morning, off to bed now. Good night and sweet dreames everyone Smile
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #234 on: August 15, 2013, 11:13 PM »

If he doesn't make the semi-finals there's a good chance he won't be 2nd seed in New York. I'd like him to win the whole tournament.

If he needs points such that he only has to play 1 of Nadal / Djoko and not both to win the USopen ...then yeah ... its an incentive to win the comp..but otherwise neah. Timing his best tennis is critical i think.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #235 on: August 15, 2013, 11:31 PM »

Drop dead sexy from Andy today methinks, and for once I'm not talking about the kit! He played a blinder today.

Benneteau might not have been quite at his best, but Andy didn't let him get there either. He looked like a man on a mission out there today.

Great to hear him being announced before the match, and the crowd reaction when Wimbledon was mentioned. Lovely stuff.

Wasn't it on that court that he lost to Chardy last year? I have a feeling it was. I still can't get over being proved right when I said that loss meant nothing and Andy was going to win the USO! Since then he's gone from strength to strength and just looks so assured out there now.

Frankly, to my mind he looks in better nick than Djokovic just now. He can cross the Nadal bridge when and if it happens. As for Berdy, I haven't seen him this week (or have I???) but something tells me Robredo might get through that one, but on hard I'd favour Andy against Berdy anyway, so we'll see.

I think Andy looks great this week. Getting excited!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #236 on: August 16, 2013, 02:02 AM »

^ Unfortunately TJ Berdych defeated Robredo 6-3, 6-0. Whistle  I didn't watch the match so have no idea if it was a case of Berdych playing very well or Robredo playing below his best.

Interesting you should say that about Djoko because my feeling is that he doesn't look too confident these days.  I think Wimbledon was quite a shock for him psychologically.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #237 on: August 16, 2013, 02:39 AM »

I can't believe this, ESPN 2 has stopped showing the match for little league baseball.  I will try to livestream.

Am I not surprised! ranting  This is the country that has a world series that only includes American teams Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #238 on: August 16, 2013, 03:35 AM »

Watching this again, Murray's body language during the match was much more positive than against Gulbis in Montreal, he looks up for the tournament.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #239 on: August 16, 2013, 07:19 AM »

Imperious is the only word that came to mind for me.  Great to see Andy playing like this again.  So hope he can keep it up against Birdy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »