Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Preds
Murray in 2 - 28 (82.4%)
Murray in 3 - 4 (11.8%)
Benny in 2 - 0 (0%)
Benny in 3 - 2 (5.9%)
Total Voters: 34

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau

(Read 7346 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #240 on: August 16, 2013, 08:40 AM »

^ Unfortunately TJ Berdych defeated Robredo 6-3, 6-0. Whistle  I didn't watch the match so have no idea if it was a case of Berdych playing very well or Robredo playing below his best.

Interesting you should say that about Djoko because my feeling is that he doesn't look too confident these days.  I think Wimbledon was quite a shock for him psychologically.

I saw the result this morning Aileen, but didn't see the match. Oh well. I'm fairly confident for Andy. If it was clay I'd fear for him, but it's hard, so....

I don't want to tempt fate, but to me he's looking like he did at Queen's, calm, assured, as Ruthie said, imperious - I love that word!

Djokovic looks rather like a deer in the headlights to me at the moment. Kevin Mitchell seems to think he's looking good, but he must see something I can't. I think what happened at RG started it, but I do think Wimbledon has really shaken him as well. I sort of get it. For a while there he seemed to be almost in a class of his own. Now he isn't, most definitely.

All in all, Fed's on the ropes, Djokovic looks like he's trying not to look like Bambi and Nadal dropped a set to Dimitrov, so I'm hopeful for Andy.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #241 on: August 16, 2013, 08:51 AM »

You what,  already? Howd'y know John? What are you watching?

I'll have to read the match  report in the morning, off to bed now. Good night and sweet dreames everyone Smile
   I always have my sources  Very Happy  ( via twitter )
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #242 on: August 16, 2013, 10:03 AM »

Watched Andy's victory over Benneteau; a great play from our man.

Got the impression that Benneteau as well as Youzhny were akin to rabbits caught in Andy's headlights. Both appeared almost terrified of being on the opposite side of the court from the Wimbledon champion
[ Last edit by OldScotSupport August 16, 2013, 11:36 AM ] IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #243 on: August 16, 2013, 10:55 AM »

We have been treated to the Gold Standard tonight folks. So far so good. :-) yay

I hope Bev got to record or see some of this?

yes  I take it back what I said about ESPN sorry  I got to see everything apart from the first game and the first point of the 2nd game cmon yeah
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #244 on: August 16, 2013, 11:10 AM »

Watched Andy's victory over Benneteau; a great play from our man.

Got the impression that Benneteau as well as Youzhny were akin to rabbits caught in Andy's headlights. Both appeared almost terrified of being on the opposite of the court from the Wimbledon champion

Andy's giving off some serious aura this week. I can't decide if it's to do with the sexy blue, or if it's down to that golden trophy back at home. My money is on the latter Smile.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #245 on: August 16, 2013, 11:26 AM »

[
Andy's giving off some serious aura this week. I can't decide if it's to do with the sexy blue, or if it's down to that golden trophy back at home. My money is on the latter Smile.

Watching the match last night Teejay I remember thinking his walk  has this confidence about it. The body language says "hay I'm the Wimbledon champion if you think you can beat me bring it on ". Loving it. 
IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #246 on: August 16, 2013, 12:29 PM »

Yes, Tessie, he was in that mood. It's nice.
He has to find the way to assume that attitude always. In the match against Gulbis, his body language was too bad, even if i am sure last week he is not in good shape and now he it is better.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #247 on: August 16, 2013, 01:37 PM »

yes  I take it back what I said about ESPN sorry  I got to see everything apart from the first game and the first point of the 2nd game cmon yeah
great Bev - trust you enjoyed it?  Whistle
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #248 on: August 16, 2013, 02:22 PM »

[
Watching the match last night Teejay I remember thinking his walk  has this confidence about it. The body language says "hay I'm the Wimbledon champion if you think you can beat me bring it on ". Loving it. 
I have to agree, he looked relaxed and had great rythm in his returns, it was almost like he was a graceful dancer out there.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #249 on: August 16, 2013, 02:26 PM »

[

Tessie, dare I say such a thing, but he's got a bit of a swagger going on, hasn't he? I love it, I think it's fabulous. He's not arrogant, I don't think he could ever be that, but he appears to be confident, assured. I love it to death!

I don't quite know why, but it was such a thrill to hear all that he's acheived being reeled off when he was announced yesterday. The 'Wimbledon Champion' bit gets me every time. Over a month now and it still takes my breath away, so goodness knows what it does for Andy!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #250 on: August 16, 2013, 04:00 PM »

yes he has the gait of a man who knows his worth now, which is wonderful to see and as you say tj has nothing to do with arrogance, which I can't imagine Andy being however many slams he won or if he was at number one for weeks and weeks
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #251 on: August 16, 2013, 07:06 PM »

Watching this again, Murray's body language during the match was much more positive than against Gulbis in Montreal, he looks up for the tournament.
Let's hope so, and I do agree about his body language - against Gulbis we were seeing the 'old' Andy (which was a bit worrying) but now we're seeing the ' new' Andy who won two Slams and an Olympic gold.  I'm sure though that Montreal was just the result of not having played more matches before the tournament.  Thankfully he got the chance to play all these doubles matches with Colin.

yes he has the gait of a man who knows his worth now, which is wonderful to see and as you say tj has nothing to do with arrogance, which I can't imagine Andy being however many slams he won or if he was at number one for weeks and weeks
There's a big difference between quiet self-confidence, which Andy now has, and arrogance, which Fed still manages to achieve despite his trip down the slippery slope.

Andy did say after he won the USO he could hold his head high, and he can all the more so now after Wimbledon, and that's exactly what he's doing.  Andy was a bit worried as to how things might change for him now, which I saw a being good thing, but came back down to earth quite quickly.  Some things are bound to change for him though, but in a positive way.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 16, 2013, 07:22 PM ] IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati 2013 R3: Murray vs. Benneteau « Reply #252 on: August 16, 2013, 07:13 PM »

Finally managed to watch a bit of Andy last night due to work over the past few weeks. Couldn't agree more. He has that look about him this week. Got the weekend off so come on Andy for later & another masters title in the bag would round off a great week!! Fistpump!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »