Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy in 2 - 13 (46.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (46.4%)
Berdych in 2 - 2 (7.1%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 39 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!!  (Read 5916 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #465 on: August 16, 2013, 11:03 PM »

Please don't hug
Don't worry, Westie - I won't be leaving any time soon. hug  After all I've listened to the same thing for over three years now and I'm still here!  I usually cool down pretty quickly.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #466 on: August 16, 2013, 11:05 PM »

hi Aileen  w00t
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #467 on: August 16, 2013, 11:07 PM »

hi Aileen  w00t

Feck its not moving....but it did change colour  w00t
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #468 on: August 16, 2013, 11:07 PM »

hi Aileen  w00t

me thinks you are showing off now! clap
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #469 on: August 16, 2013, 11:09 PM »

Don't worry, Westie - I won't be leaving any time soon. hug  After all I've listened to the same thing for over three years now and I'm still here!  I usually cool down pretty quickly.

Glad to hear it, we'd miss you. Some folks need a chill pill - Berdych is ranked 6 not 106. It happens - that's what keeps the tour in existence.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #470 on: August 16, 2013, 11:09 PM »

me thinks you are showing off now! clap

But I still can't get it to move or change don't size ;(
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #471 on: August 16, 2013, 11:11 PM »

Feck its not moving....but it did change colour  w00t
But I still can't get it to move or change don't size ;(
Oh jeez - I give up! lol  Seriously though, it would be so much easier if I could sit beside you for a few minutes and show you how to do it as it is a bit difficult to explain otherwise.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #472 on: August 16, 2013, 11:23 PM »

I am very intrigued by the conversation Andy's team had after Wimby about his goals. I'm guessing world no 1 and MS titles were not high on the priority list.

I reckon defend USO
Win WTF
That was the distinct impression I got.  Slams were the main priority.  Also he's never once said that he wanted to win Montreal or Cincy, just that he needed a few matches under his belt.  We have to accept that Andy and his team know what they're doing.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 16, 2013, 11:28 PM ] IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #473 on: August 16, 2013, 11:26 PM »

I'm proud to be able to say that I support a guy that is honest trustworthy and decent.And at the end of the day as much as I want Andy to win everything these qualities are just as important maybe even more important.

Thank you. I would also add I am proud to support a guy, who has overcome quite horrific trauma in his life, (and any one who doubts Dunblane was a horrific trauma to him, go back and watch the BBC documentary), and in spite of that trauma has driven himself forward until he achieved his personal holy grail. If he looses the odd tennis match, then so be it.  I personally support a man, not a machine.

Does it ever enter any of the fair weather fans on here, that perhaps his frame of reference as a result of that event, is such that losing a tennis match against a player close to him in the rankings is a bit of a non entity?

Also if his choice is to focus on the slams to the exclusion of all else, then it is really nothing to do with us. I reiterate people have the choice, either accept that with good grace, or go and support someone else who is capable of reaching your unrelenting demand for perfection and infallibility.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #474 on: August 16, 2013, 11:27 PM »

I am disaapointed but I am still a proid fanof andy the ******* legend
IP Logged
isabel

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #475 on: August 16, 2013, 11:29 PM »

This loss might not mean much with the US Open coming up. As others have pointed out, Andy did win the US Open last year without putting in good performances at Toronto and Cincy. But I think it is legitimate to question Andy’s performance outside of slams from around the US Open last year. There are only 4 slams a year (8 weeks) and it is inexcusable for a top player to only put in good performances for approximately 8 weeks of the year. As Andy is practically a non- force on clay, it’s actually down to 6 weeks. No one is disputing that he is human, prone to slumps, uninspired play ect., but it is a worrying pattern that he has not had some sustained consistency in Masters tournaments.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #476 on: August 16, 2013, 11:33 PM »

I am disaapointed but I am still a proid fanof andy the ******* legend

Prod.....are you drunk???
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #477 on: August 16, 2013, 11:37 PM »

You have hit the nail on the head, Masaka.    Andy is a man, not a machine.    I think he found it difficult to concentrate tonight and let Berdych get away from him.     I have a feeling that Andy realised pretty soon into the match that he should have played the 11 o'clock slot on Center.   There was absolutely no atmosphere at all and I know that Andy gets pretty annoyed with himself if he makes a wrong decision.   He is a very sensitive person and all the better for it.      Would that there were more like him.     I am disappointed for him but not in him.  
IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #478 on: August 16, 2013, 11:40 PM »

If the team are only focussing on slams at this stage then it's seems the sensible way to go doesn't it?
He does, after all, have a lot to catch up with.
And we all know there is only so much focus Andy can seem to be able to give.
Number one will come eventually anyway if he continues his immense form at the slams & it finally bleeds to an extent onto other tournaments, so maybe it will all be for the best.
Still it's a gamble, I hope pays off.
The underlying mental issues with Andy seem to have been accommodated rather than dealt with however.
IP Logged
Robert21

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #479 on: August 16, 2013, 11:42 PM »

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Looking forward to the USO.  Win or lose Andy has both courage and integrity which is why I am proud to be an Andy Murray supporter. 

Best post all night.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 ... 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »