Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy in 2 - 13 (46.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (46.4%)
Berdych in 2 - 2 (7.1%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!!

(Read 7648 times)
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Will be a tough match, Andy will have to play his best level to win here because fast courts suit Berdych's game.
[ Last edit by ProdigyEng August 16, 2013, 10:05 AM ] IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

3rd on grandstand......... brace yourselves for the complaints.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

What on earth is Andy best level. He seems to never play it.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Yes he never played it when he won Wimbledon on the US Open, or his 9 MS1000 titles...
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

3rd on grandstand......... brace yourselves for the complaints.
Well I'm not complaining.  Just so long as Andy goes out there and does his best - and he will have to move up a gear or two here - that's fine by me. 

Can we have a poll please PE?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Someone suggests that Sky are asking for the prime UK time slot for Andy, which is usually most convenient for him to be on grandstand.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Poll added Ailes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Poll added Ailes
Thank you.  Really don't know what to predict atm.

Someone suggests that Sky are asking for the prime UK time slot for Andy, which is usually most convenient for him to be on grandstand.
I guess that makes sense, although having watched some of Nadal/Dimi I'd like to have seen an evening match here.  The atmosphere is so much livelier, which is what Andy thrives on.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 16, 2013, 02:20 AM ] IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Interesting match, Berdych is good on fast Hardcourts but then so is Andy, time to level their H2H methinks.

Also Andy is flying under the radar here which is a good thing for him, all attention will be on Fedal tomorrow.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Time to get that H2H even stevens!  I'm guessing this won't be on ESPN (since they think little league baseball is more exciting Rolling Eyes) and not on centre court, so I'm going to go begging a computer to watch grr

cmonandy

* Murray vs Berdych 1.JPG (160.87 KB, 851x1198 - viewed 75 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Interesting to see that, ignoring the pre-2012 matches, Berdych has only beaten Andy on clay, so let's hope the hard-court trend continues.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Andy is 3-2 on hard, and Andy was clearly injured in the Paris masters in 2011, i'm sure he pulled out of the WTF a week later after only 1 match.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Andy is 3-2 on hard, and Andy was clearly injured in the Paris masters in 2011, i'm sure he pulled out of the WTF a week later after only 1 match.
That's why I was ignoring it.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Will be a good test to see where Andy's at. I'd imagine.

re: schedule I'm guessing they wanted Andy 11am on CC over Delpo but SKY requested an evening slot so this is why he's not on CC. Murray vs Berdych is a match that deserves CC imo, but nevermind.

Fedal could be brutal  help
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

I can see that the scheduling makes sense today.  Clearly Fedal is the big match.  They're going to put Isner against Nole on CC at a time which suits US tv.  So I would prefer Andy on GS at a time when things are starting to liven up than on CC at 11am when hardly anyone has turned up.  It certainly didn't harm Andy being on GS yesterday! From scoreline sounds like Birdy dispatched Tommy as easily as Andy did Benneteau so this could be a 'tough' one as Andy would say.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »