Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy in 2 - 13 (46.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (46.4%)
Berdych in 2 - 2 (7.1%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!!

(Read 7900 times)
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Berdych can't beat Andy on a hard court. Andy to win in 2.

Come on Andy. And may the farce be with you.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

LOL  at Delpo v Tursunov on CC.     doh
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

I'm working on the theory that nothing before 2011 is remotely relevant. You could even say nothing before 2012 really.

I didn't see Robredo/Berdych, but Robredo favours clay, so I don't know how to take that result. I've seen nothing of Berdy all week.

Berdy is a step up, of course, but so is Andy. Andy just looks in great nick. He looks really up for it this week.

I'd love Andy to get it done in two, I have a feeling he could do it if he starts well and remains up for it. However, for no reason at all I'm going to suggest Andy in three.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

I'm still going with Andy in 2......
IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 10:08 AM »

Andy needs to keep the same attitude showed against the French, Will he do?
Fingers crossed.
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 10:19 AM »

Andy in 2 for me, but quite close.  Maybe something like 7-6 6-4.

M
IP Logged
circe
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 10:26 AM »

Andy in 2, with late breaks in both, I think thiis is where he'll start to push himself.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 11:11 AM »

First real test since Wimbledon, not many guys have a positve H2H against Andy, Berdych and Raonic about the only top ten players apart from the big two ie. Nadal and Nole. So Andy has to sort that out now.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 11:15 AM »

Berdy knows about Abba doesn't he, so Andy needs to come out and show him that the winner takes it all, rather than giving him time to send out an SOS.

I'm so sorry, I'll shut up now Smile.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 11:41 AM »

LOL  TJ  too funny   Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 12:03 PM »

Andy in 2..... cmon yeah
IP Logged
mickeypops
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 12:10 PM »

Berdy knows about Abba doesn't he, so Andy needs to come out and show him that the winner takes it all, rather than giving him time to send out an SOS.

I'm so sorry, I'll shut up now Smile.

Tennis is "The name of the game" and I reckon that "Supertrouper" Andy will be the "Winner who takes it all" and that Berdy will be sending out an "SOS" as he will meet his "Waterloo."  I wonder if his "Mother will know, when he's out" of the tournament?

I'll get my coat.......

Whistle
IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 12:19 PM »

I hope Andy will be able to let Berdy play a lot of balls returning well at Berdych's service.
And I hope too, Andy will decide to play near the baseline, because if the czech plays well the risk is that scottish run like a desperate along the court, near the crowd.

C'mon Andy.
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 12:32 PM »

ok the serious part of the draw starts now. Berdych, Nadal then Djokovic take 'em all out Andy!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 02:22 PM »

There's a lot of chit chat on the ATP website that Andy is being treated like an afterthought so far in this competition with little or no feedback regarding his results and his appearances on Grandstand etc, but it's fine with me, the silent assassin (sorry, had to steal that) does his best work under the radar, let everyone focus on Novak's attempt at masters series immortality and the next chapter in the Fedal saga.

Speaking of the Fedal match, they are bigging this one up again but does anybody else feel like me that this is going to be such a one sided affair again it will be another box office flop? maybe Fed will surprise but i find it highly unlikely.

Berdych will be a tricky match for Andy, but will be even more tricky for the Bird man.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »