Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs David Ferrer, Saturday, Time: 2pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy in 2 - 13 (46.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (46.4%)
Berdych in 2 - 2 (7.1%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!!

(Read 8028 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #30 on: August 16, 2013, 02:31 PM »

LOL  TJ  too funny   Smile

Actually it was dreadful, but I do try Smile.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #31 on: August 16, 2013, 02:33 PM »

Tennis is "The name of the game" and I reckon that "Supertrouper" Andy will be the "Winner who takes it all" and that Berdy will be sending out an "SOS" as he will meet his "Waterloo."  I wonder if his "Mother will know, when he's out" of the tournament?

I'll get my coat.......

Whistle

Well it was better than my feeble attempt clap clap clap
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 02:38 PM »

Come out playing like you did yesterday Andy, bring your confidence, your aces and great returns and beat Berdych!!  May the force be with you Andy!!
IP Logged
laundry
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #33 on: August 16, 2013, 02:42 PM »

The reason he is being put on Grandstand is because it's easiest to get him on at a peak time there which is what Sky have requested.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #34 on: August 16, 2013, 03:59 PM »

Grandstand court looks quite daunting, the spectators seem to be very near the players.  Perhaps this could affect a big guy like Berdych, could make the court look smaller to him.
[ Last edit by Iris August 16, 2013, 04:38 PM ] IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #35 on: August 16, 2013, 04:18 PM »

Federer, after the match against Haas: "After I lost [at Wimbledon], I really thought Andy was going to do it. He deserved it, trained really hard, and he believed as well.I'm a little sad I didn't see a bit more of Wimbledon after I lost. I hope Andy can keep it up. I guess it's between Novak, Andy and Rafa [to finish No 1 in the world at the end of the season]."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/aug/15/roger-federer-andy-murray-cincinnati
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #36 on: August 16, 2013, 04:23 PM »

Federer, after the match against Haas: "After I lost [at Wimbledon], I really thought Andy was going to do it. He deserved it, trained really hard, and he believed as well.I'm a little sad I didn't see a bit more of Wimbledon after I lost. I hope Andy can keep it up. I guess it's between Novak, Andy and Rafa [to finish No 1 in the world at the end of the season]."

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2013/aug/15/roger-federer-andy-murray-cincinnati

lol i can't help myself really, i read that as "When i got knocked out of Wimbledon, i knew Andy would do it, of course if i had not been knocked out of Wimbledon, he wouldn't have stood a chance"
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #37 on: August 16, 2013, 04:28 PM »

loved this bit:
A respectful gathering of disciples sat awestruck in the sun through Federer's first-set agony, barely able to watch as he shanked and swung wildly. Haas had him by the neck at a set up and 4-2, but was suddenly met by a blizzard of long-forgotten genius as the ball at last found the middle of Federer's old Wilson 90, and he banged down three aces to go to 5-4. He held for 5-5, saving two set points, and closed it out with another break and a solid hold. In the third Federer settled back into a groove, much to the relief of the nervous customers.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #38 on: August 16, 2013, 04:33 PM »

loved this bit:
A respectful gathering of disciples sat awestruck in the sun through Federer's first-set agony, barely able to watch as he shanked and swung wildly. Haas had him by the neck at a set up and 4-2, but was suddenly met by a blizzard of long-forgotten genius as the ball at last found the middle of Federer's old Wilson 90, and he banged down three aces to go to 5-4. He held for 5-5, saving two set points, and closed it out with another break and a solid hold. In the third Federer settled back into a groove, much to the relief of the nervous customers.

It makes me think that when he eventually retires he really ought to open a pub. The Shank and Swing, I can see it now..... Whistle.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #39 on: August 16, 2013, 04:39 PM »

lol i can't help myself really, i read that as "When i got knocked out of Wimbledon, i knew Andy would do it, of course if i had not been knocked out of Wimbledon, he wouldn't have stood a chance"
Fed is so subtle, not!

It makes me think that when he eventually retires he really ought to open a pub. The Shank and Swing, I can see it now..... Whistle.
Love that TJ. Very Happy

IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #40 on: August 16, 2013, 04:40 PM »

Berdy knows about Abba doesn't he, so Andy needs to come out and show him that the winner takes it all, rather than giving him time to send out an SOS.

I'm so sorry, I'll shut up now Smile.
Berdych knows about winning though TJ and that's the name of the game!
OH dear someone's done that haven't they - and a better one - I'll shut up too!.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #41 on: August 16, 2013, 04:45 PM »

Hehe i have a feeling he would name his pub The Goat.

The Goat Inn
17 slam road
Wimbledon.
RF7 N01
[ Last edit by The Gnome August 16, 2013, 04:49 PM ] IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #42 on: August 16, 2013, 07:42 PM »

Time to get that H2H even stevens!  I'm guessing this won't be on ESPN (since they think little league baseball is more exciting Rolling Eyes) and not on centre court, so I'm going to go begging a computer to watch grr

cmonandy
PC viewing for me too Bev. Andy has to square up the H2H tonight.

It wont be a piece o cake but I reckon he will manage it.  cmonandy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #43 on: August 16, 2013, 07:47 PM »

Hehe i have a feeling he would name his pub The Goat.

The Goat Inn
17 slam road
Wimbledon.
RF7 N01
lmao
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #44 on: August 16, 2013, 07:49 PM »

Goodness - that women's match was over quicker than I thought it might be!

IT'S ANDY TIME! yay
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »