Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy in 2 - 13 (46.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (46.4%)
Berdych in 2 - 2 (7.1%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!!  (Read 5784 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #480 on: August 16, 2013, 11:46 PM »

Meh i always get so despondant when he loses, was so looking for a Rafa match, but it looks like all the big hitters are making an impact on these courts.

What surprised me is that he cakewalked his first 2 matches and then this, i mean he has come first circle hasn't he? Murray used to be a Masters event beast who underperformed in slams, now he is a slam beast who underperforms in masters, is it beyond to him to find a middle ground somewhere?

Rafa's comeback has had an obvious impact on Andy & Novak, seems like his mere presence in events is enough to knock them off their stride, i mean they haven't exactly hit rock bottom, but they certainly are aware of the impact he has had since returning.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #481 on: August 16, 2013, 11:53 PM »

And even worse is that all the Rafatards are in hog heaven right now with both Novak and Andy out, can't believe i'm going to say this but i will be a Fedite for tonight only.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #482 on: August 17, 2013, 12:01 AM »

This will probably be my last post on MW. I'm just fed up with all the negativity and spite aimed at Andy when he loses the odd match. For God's sake, look at his bloody win/loss ratio this year. Compared to some he's hardly lost a match, and yet when he does the knives come out. I've had enough of the knives. We often laugh at Fed, Nadal and Djokovic fans, and in many, many ways  rightly so, but one way they are often way ahead of us, with all due respect, is how they deal with losses. We lap up when Andy wins, but become downright irrational when he loses. I know, we all say we want the best for him, but if we did our criticisms, if we had them, would be constructive. I don't think name calling and insulting the man is constructive. I'm old fashioned like that.

For everyone's information, Andy leads the tour on matches won from a set down. That's not 'Superman, never out of it' Djokovic, or 'I'll have seven months out to practice and call it a knee injury' Nadal, or even 'God personified' Federer, it's Andy. That means that anyone who plays him knows they have to play well to win, because he's not out until he's out. Today, for whatever reason, try as he might, and he damned well did, he just couldn't wrestle it out of Berdych's hands. Maybe, as much as I hate his game, we should be giving Berdych some credit. Then again, why should we do that when lashing out at Andy is clearly more fun?

A dead atmosphere, lots of ridiculous outside noise and a tricky opponent playing well just knocked Andy off his stride today. You can make a production out if that if you wish. I choose not to. If that had been in a slam Andy would have found a way. Why? Not because he has more desire in slams, or because he doesn't want to win more Masters tournaments, but because a slam is best of five sets. As tough as best of five is, there is room to reset if things don't start well. There is not much room for that in a best of three. I would have bet my life on Andy turning that around if it had been a slam.

Fleming had one if his rare idiot moments today, talking about Andy still not being confident, or some such rubbish. Where is the evidence for that? As for Marcus's barely disguised glee at the result today, it's blatantly obvious who he favours, has been all the week to be honest. His contempt for Andy is obvious unless Andy is winning and praising Sky, then Marcus fawns like the sychohant that he is. I despise Crofty, but at least she's consistently pathetic.

It did make me smile that they talked about Berdych being consistent. Sure, he consistently goes out in the first round of a slam every year, and consistently bottles it against Djokovic. Pity he's already had this year's first round exit. Credit to him though, if he'd been in the other half in Cincy he would still have managed to lose to Djokovic, even with Djokovic in that form. Yep, he's consistent all right.

All this talk about Andy slipping in the rankings is just scare-mongering and I've had enough of it. Andy will now drop back to three for a while. Sure, he can't gain at the USO this year, but there are plenty of tournaments left where he can gain points. One bad match does not make Andy a bad player, nor does it spell disaster for the rest of the year, or the USO. Andy was in a trickier position than this last year, having withdrawn (he did not lose) from Toronto, then losing in the third round in Cincy. He was the 4th seed at the USO and still won, beating a certain Berdych and a certain Djokovic, if I recall......

The irony is that in Montreal and Cincy Andy went a round better this year than last. Still, if you want to carp and criticise, who am I to stand in the way.

There are bound to be bumps in the road for Andy from time to time. They all have them. Each time Andy has appeared to get stuck he has worked out what needs to happen in order to continue to progress. Today isn't even a bump, it's a pimple, but Andy will work out what went wrong and he will sort it in time for the USO. In the longer run I also think he, along with Lendl and the team, will work out what needs to happen for him to make that next step up. That might not happen immediately, but then again some of us don't go around demanding everything happens yesterday and kicking the man in the teeth when it doesn't.

IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Futures Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #483 on: August 17, 2013, 12:01 AM »

This is such unbelievable tripe, that I don't know where to start. Most of his rational fans recognise that 6 weeks ago he achieved something so major for sport in this country, and for himself, that there was probably going to be a reaction in terms of flatness. This is happening. He has won 4 titles this year, (which is 4 more than Berdych), only one of which is a slam, so it's complete nonsense to say he is the only player who tanks every match, What has Djokovic just done, and done a few times this year? I watched some of the match, today Berdych played better than Murray. Many of the matches between the top players are won or lost between a few points. I don't think Murray played that badly. When Murray beats a good player, it is often said that Murray didn't allow the other player to play well. That's what happened today. Surely some of the cretins on here can realise that Berdych is the World No 6 - he is a very good player, on his day, the man who took Fed out in the QF of the US Open last year. He is going to win some of his matches against the top players. The difference between him and Murray, is that Murray can get through more than one of the top players.
I constantly fail to understand why some people on here profess to support him, yet write such nasty and unkind things about him. Why on earth are they not supporting a non tanking, not afraid to be injured, etc, etc other player. There are loads of non flawed players to choose from. If they dislike Murray so much, why on earth don't they swap their allegiance? No one is forced to support Murray. It seems hypocritical in the extreme to have such an unconvincing, and uncompromising attitude.

I really do dispair.

Flatness. Of course. He's flat when he wins wimbledon. He's flat when he loses a big final. He's flat if he goes out early. Why is it, apparently, according to people on here anyway, only Murray who seems to suffer from this flatness or "post-whatever-slam" loss of form? Of course all players go through up and downs. Yet it seems no matter what happens with Andy, a bad tournament is always due to something that happened before.

I didn't say he tanks every match. I said people on this site who defend Andy nonstop say he tanks every match. He didn't tank today. In fact, I've never once said he's tanked. It annoys me like crazy when people say he tanks. It is the defenders who tend to use the tanking excuse. Despite that, it is clear that Murray is trying to peak for the slams, and seemingly hasn't figured out how to do this without consistently going out early in smaller tournaments.

Djokovic has the advantage of being much more consistent than Murray outside of the slams. Yes, every player loses matches early from time to time, and sometimes experiences worse runs of form than usual. The problem is this has been typical of Murray's level in these events for a few years now. Feel free to give me an example of a similar result from Djokovic/Federer/Nadal and I can give you three from Murray. Those players have all won more slams than Andy, btw, and been number one. And winning masters before slams has never been a problem for them in the past. Nor has it for Andy, for that matter, so using that excuse when he goes out early is silly.

Yes, Murray did play that badly. This is not criticizing him. This isn't having a go, or getting the knives out or anything like that. He played badly. I think almost any unbiased observer would agree.

Again, the "being afraid to get injured" comment was directed at the very type of fan you seem to be a part of. If you read through this thread, and the hundreds of others like it, you'll see a lot of people defending crap Murray performances on injuries, or not wanting to get injured before a big tournament, or tanking, or all sorts of nonsense. The"critics" or the negative fans or whatever you want to call us, will usually just say he played ****. Like today. But then you don't tend to like that either, so, as I've suggested before, it might be best to do away with this forum, as any comment beyond "come on andy! unlucky andy! andy's great" seems to send everyone insane. If you read through my posts I haven't once insulted Murray. But saying he played badly is a big no-no. I'll remember that.

I really do despair.

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #484 on: August 17, 2013, 12:19 AM »

I love the fact that people on this site act like I imagine tween girls do when it comes to One Direction or whatever.

You guys are ~true~ fans because of your undying optimism and positivity. Grab yourselves a medal or something.

Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #485 on: August 17, 2013, 12:24 AM »

Everyone on here cares enough to have their own opinion.
I think he is just itching to get to New York to focus fully on defending his title, such is his driven personality.
Whatever, he lives to fight another day.
IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #486 on: August 17, 2013, 12:25 AM »

I love the fact that people on this site act like I imagine tween girls do when it comes to One Direction or whatever.

You guys are ~true~ fans because of your undying optimism and positivity. Grab yourselves a medal or something.

Rolling Eyes

If you have a point, other than being a smart arse, you should be more specific.
All things considered.
IP Logged
rob92
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #487 on: August 17, 2013, 12:28 AM »

Andy has 28 titles. Only 2 of those 28 titles are slams. What Andy has archived in his career is what most players could only dream. And as for consistency, Andy is actually more consistent this year than last.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2013_Andy_Murray_tennis_season

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_Andy_Murray_tennis_season
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #488 on: August 17, 2013, 12:28 AM »

If you have a point, other than being a smart arse, you should be more specific.
All things considered.

IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #489 on: August 17, 2013, 12:32 AM »

I really hope no-one leaves the forum based on a match that means as little as this. TJ you are a lovely poster and I do hope you reconsider.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #490 on: August 17, 2013, 12:32 AM »

This will probably be my last post on MW.

Nooooo! We need enough voices of reason to keep us sane and help us defend against the negativity! hug
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #491 on: August 17, 2013, 12:33 AM »

Wow Rachie we did that at same time - hope Teejay takes it as a sign!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #492 on: August 17, 2013, 12:34 AM »

Yeah teejay dont leave because of a handful of complete tools Frown
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #493 on: August 17, 2013, 12:38 AM »

I really hope no-one leaves the forum based on a match that means as little as this. TJ you are a lovely poster and I do hope you reconsider.

Yeah teejay dont leave because of a handful of complete tools Frown

clap cmon yeah
IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #494 on: August 17, 2013, 12:47 AM »

Here I am considered an hater and, exscuse me, it.is incredible. I like Murray so much and it is for this that can't acept this kind of performance.

Like someone has told, other top player have showed more consistence and this is a part of been a champion.
Some years ago, Djokovic was a clown, not focus, then he groe up.
I think Murray can do the same step and often i believed he did but then...

A lot of you said: he is focused on UO, he said that just need few more matches in order to take the peek. Ok, supposing it, i ask:

1) The better way to play matches before UO is not winning matches in Montreal and Cincinnati?

2) If Murray want to focus on slam, wouldn't be better that he showed new tactics, new technique or just took these tournament like mental training to keep high focus?

What is the advantage of playing with no consistence, doing returns without concentration, pkaying volley too friendly but then shouting against the universe??
All this can help to find the better mood for a slam?

What is your point of view?

I love Andy like you, I live the day reflecting about draws, his performances, possibility ecc and when he goes  i can't see any other match.
For all this, tonight is not an happy night, because i want to believe in a Murray total champion with hunger spirit.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 ... 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »