Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy in 2 - 13 (46.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (46.4%)
Berdych in 2 - 2 (7.1%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!!  (Read 5769 times)
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #495 on: August 17, 2013, 12:51 AM »

If you have a point, other than being a smart arse, you should be more specific.
All things considered.

I wouldn't hold your breath, she comes from the same stable of people who can't see a difference between rational and objective comments and overly optimistic fawning.

IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #496 on: August 17, 2013, 12:53 AM »

I wouldn't hold your breath, she comes from the same stable of people who can't see a difference between rational and objective comments and overly optimistic fawning.

I can tell the difference between a forum and something actually important in life. It's a forum and you guys get your panties in a twist after every match thread about this negativity and nothing changes.

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #497 on: August 17, 2013, 12:55 AM »

I really hope no-one leaves the forum based on a match that means as little as this. TJ you are a lovely poster and I do hope you reconsider.

Rachie I'm lingering, but just wanted to say thanks for that, and thanks to wimbledonwestie too. I think I'll take a step back for a few days to think about it. I love it here, I've been made to feel so welcome, even if my technical knowledge of the game doesn't equal my enthusiasm for it. The only thing I struggle with is the carping when Andy loses. If it was constructive criticism I wouldn't mind, I'd probably learn a thing or two if people talked rationally about what Andy could or should have done. What we often get is name calling and insults though, which doesn't do us or Andy any good.

So many on here are so knowledgable about the game that it stuns me. I know some if you play, which helps I suppose, but so many of you can explain things clearly to those of us who understand enough to follow a match, but don't have technical knowledge, say of why a certain shot would be better in some situations and not others, or why certain conditions are good for some players and not others.  If we discussed the bad days constructively, this site would be as magnificent as every great day Andy has had in his career, and let's face it, he's had a few.
IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #498 on: August 17, 2013, 01:00 AM »

I can tell the difference between a forum and something actually important in life. It's a forum and you guys get your panties in a twist after every match thread about this negativity and nothing changes.

Well it's a pretty important forum to yourself as you have posted here 10,000 times!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #499 on: August 17, 2013, 01:01 AM »

Sane rational person = Andy is playing poorly, he seems to be unfocussed, not like him at all, his opponent is playing better than him, damn it's so frustrating, ah well it's a tennis match my life isn't over, i won't take it personally, when's his next match. (apparantly this is fawning)

Boogers = LMAO what a pathetic display, totally pathetic, he can't even get the ball over the net, hahah he will get knocked out of round 2 in the USO, Andy lost this just to annoy me (apparantly this is totally non judgmental)

See the difference?

If it's getting to the point where decent people like TeeJay are thinking to leave somehwere they enjoy, then i suggest that it's about time something is done about it before these forums end up being renamed.
IP Logged
ABF
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #500 on: August 17, 2013, 01:02 AM »

I am very intrigued by the conversation Andy's team had after Wimby about his goals. I'm guessing world no 1 and MS titles were not high on the priority list.

I reckon defend USO
Win WTF

Yup... I think that too. Also IF he can do that and reach the latter stages or win the OZopen.... then I think we'll see a real aggressive effort from Andy in the clay season to get the max points he can.
IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #501 on: August 17, 2013, 01:04 AM »

'I can tell the difference between a forum and something actually important in life. It's a forum and you guys get your panties in a twist after every match thread about this negativity and nothing changes'

I actually can't even imagine posting anywhere 10,000 times and yet this forum is not important to you.
Opinions from others don't matter
Yeah?
I sorry but you're full of it.
[ Last edit by Cmongoose August 17, 2013, 01:08 AM ] IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #502 on: August 17, 2013, 01:07 AM »

Well it's a pretty important forum to yourself as you have posted here 10,000 times!

Why are you so obsessed with me, seriously?

Sane rational person = Andy is playing poorly, he seems to be unfocussed, not like him at all, his opponent is playing better than him, damn it's so frustrating, ah well it's a tennis match my life isn't over, i won't take it personally, when's his next match. (apparantly this is fawning)

Boogers = LMAO what a pathetic display, totally pathetic, he can't even get the ball over the net, hahah he will get knocked out of round 2 in the USO, Andy lost this just to annoy me (apparantly this is totally non judgmental)

See the difference?

If it's getting to the point where decent people like TeeJay are thinking to leave somehwere they enjoy, then i suggest that it's about time something is done about it before these forums end up being renamed.

People cope with losses in different ways. This forum has *always* been like this and I doubt it'll change any time soon.
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #503 on: August 17, 2013, 01:08 AM »

'I can tell the difference between a forum and something actually important in life. It's a forum and you guys get your panties in a twist after every match thread about this negativity and nothing changes'

I actually can't even imagine posting anywhere 10,000 times and yet this forum is not important to you.
Opinions from others don't matter
Yeah?
I sorry but you're full of it.

You've posted 12 times and over half have been towards me.

I guess that means I'm pretty important to you, bro.
IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #504 on: August 17, 2013, 01:12 AM »

Why are you so obsessed with me, seriously?

If you ran on to the road and I drove over you
I wouldn't be obsessed with you
You were simply stupid enough to not look where you were going
See?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #505 on: August 17, 2013, 01:15 AM »

Let's be real here, Andy is never going to change and that's why I fecking love him. Most unpredictable top player ever, one minute he is winning slams, the next he loses 2nd round in a tournament. This is why I am emotionally invested in him, I aam disssapointed when he loses and over the ******* mooan when he wins. The murray rollercoaster is epic
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #506 on: August 17, 2013, 01:15 AM »

If you ran on to the road and I drove over you
I wouldn't be obsessed with you
You were simply stupid enough to not look where you were going
See?

Glad to see you've learned how to use quotes properly.

IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #507 on: August 17, 2013, 01:19 AM »

Glad to see you've learned how to use quotes properly.

Is that the best you can do?

IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #508 on: August 17, 2013, 01:28 AM »

Let's be real here, Andy is never going to change and that's why I fecking love him. Most unpredictable top player ever, one minute he is winning slams, the next he loses 2nd round in a tournament. This is why I am emotionally invested in him, I aam disssapointed when he loses and over the ******* mooan when he wins. The murray rollercoaster is epic

I'm dissapointed with this one more because Berdych didn't exactly blow Andy off court, he basically won by converting his 2 breakpoints, small margins indeed but you know that he will get destroyed by Rafa or even Fed in the semis.

But mainly though, it's because i was so looking forward to a Rafa vs Andy match, still, Fed is playing lights out at the moment and it might just be Fed in the semis so i suppose in that respect it wouldn't matter much.
IP Logged
Cmongoose
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #509 on: August 17, 2013, 01:32 AM »

I'm dissapointed with this one more because Berdych didn't exactly blow Andy off court, he basically won by converting his 2 breakpoints, small margins indeed but you know that he will get destroyed by Rafa or even Fed in the semis.

But mainly though, it's because i was so looking forward to a Rafa vs Andy match, still, Fed is playing lights out at the moment and it might just be Fed in the semis so i suppose in that respect it wouldn't matter much.

Had Andy got through Berdych, he would have been ready for Rafa on a fast low bouncing HC.
Really Nadal has no place here when even an under performing Fed Can give him a hard time.
But there is always the USO.
And lessons are always better served in slams.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 ... 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »