Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy in 2 - 13 (46.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (46.4%)
Berdych in 2 - 2 (7.1%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!!

(Read 8911 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #510 on: August 17, 2013, 02:42 AM »

Let's be real here, Andy is never going to change and that's why I fecking love him. Most unpredictable top player ever, one minute he is winning slams, the next he loses 2nd round in a tournament. This is why I am emotionally invested in him, I aam disssapointed when he loses and over the ******* mooan when he wins. The murray rollercoaster is epic
thumb up
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #511 on: August 17, 2013, 05:19 AM »

Andy will definitely never change and that is important to me as I feel he is still the most talented player on the circuit as do many of the pundits. He has never defended a GS before and he needs to be fresh.  I see Berdych is playing Winston-Salem so obviously does not have much confidence.  Nadal could be tired and Fed is beatable at the USO.  Have we all forgotten last year when Andy went out to Chardy an altogether less able player than Berdych and he still went on to win his first GS.  Can we all just calm down.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #512 on: August 17, 2013, 05:24 AM »

This will probably be my last post on MW. I'm just fed up with all the negativity and spite aimed at Andy when he loses the odd match. For God's sake, look at his bloody win/loss ratio this year. Compared to some he's hardly lost a match, and yet when he does the knives come out. I've had enough of the knives. We often laugh at Fed, Nadal and Djokovic fans, and in many, many ways  rightly so, but one way they are often way ahead of us, with all due respect, is how they deal with losses. We lap up when Andy wins, but become downright irrational when he loses. I know, we all say we want the best for him, but if we did our criticisms, if we had them, would be constructive. I don't think name calling and insulting the man is constructive. I'm old fashioned like that.

For everyone's information, Andy leads the tour on matches won from a set down. That's not 'Superman, never out of it' Djokovic, or 'I'll have seven months out to practice and call it a knee injury' Nadal, or even 'God personified' Federer, it's Andy. That means that anyone who plays him knows they have to play well to win, because he's not out until he's out. Today, for whatever reason, try as he might, and he damned well did, he just couldn't wrestle it out of Berdych's hands. Maybe, as much as I hate his game, we should be giving Berdych some credit. Then again, why should we do that when lashing out at Andy is clearly more fun?

A dead atmosphere, lots of ridiculous outside noise and a tricky opponent playing well just knocked Andy off his stride today. You can make a production out if that if you wish. I choose not to. If that had been in a slam Andy would have found a way. Why? Not because he has more desire in slams, or because he doesn't want to win more Masters tournaments, but because a slam is best of five sets. As tough as best of five is, there is room to reset if things don't start well. There is not much room for that in a best of three. I would have bet my life on Andy turning that around if it had been a slam.

Fleming had one if his rare idiot moments today, talking about Andy still not being confident, or some such rubbish. Where is the evidence for that? As for Marcus's barely disguised glee at the result today, it's blatantly obvious who he favours, has been all the week to be honest. His contempt for Andy is obvious unless Andy is winning and praising Sky, then Marcus fawns like the sychohant that he is. I despise Crofty, but at least she's consistently pathetic.

It did make me smile that they talked about Berdych being consistent. Sure, he consistently goes out in the first round of a slam every year, and consistently bottles it against Djokovic. Pity he's already had this year's first round exit. Credit to him though, if he'd been in the other half in Cincy he would still have managed to lose to Djokovic, even with Djokovic in that form. Yep, he's consistent all right.

All this talk about Andy slipping in the rankings is just scare-mongering and I've had enough of it. Andy will now drop back to three for a while. Sure, he can't gain at the USO this year, but there are plenty of tournaments left where he can gain points. One bad match does not make Andy a bad player, nor does it spell disaster for the rest of the year, or the USO. Andy was in a trickier position than this last year, having withdrawn (he did not lose) from Toronto, then losing in the third round in Cincy. He was the 4th seed at the USO and still won, beating a certain Berdych and a certain Djokovic, if I recall......

The irony is that in Montreal and Cincy Andy went a round better this year than last. Still, if you want to carp and criticise, who am I to stand in the way.

There are bound to be bumps in the road for Andy from time to time. They all have them. Each time Andy has appeared to get stuck he has worked out what needs to happen in order to continue to progress. Today isn't even a bump, it's a pimple, but Andy will work out what went wrong and he will sort it in time for the USO. In the longer run I also think he, along with Lendl and the team, will work out what needs to happen for him to make that next step up. That might not happen immediately, but then again some of us don't go around demanding everything happens yesterday and kicking the man in the teeth when it doesn't.

Oh Teejay, I know it's irritating reading all those negative posts. Yesterday, I couldn't watch the match because I was too tired and when I logged on around 2:30 am (my time) to see the result, all I could see is crap. The match had just ended but there was no sign of the scoreline anywhere in this thread. I read around 5-6 pages but it was no use. I tried to inquire but my post wasn't getting posted. And I was so damn pissed because I had missed the match, couldn't see the scoreline and had to read all this **** instead.

But now, as others have already said this is exactly what happens when Andy loses every time and nothing is gonna change. So it is best to ignore these posts and not give them a read at all if it affects you..

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #513 on: August 17, 2013, 07:30 AM »

Don't go tj! Glad you'll reconsider.  If you go, then it means the negatives ones will have won a minor victory.  The fightback has been good.  There are plenty of members who don't take it as a personal affront that Andy didn't play his best and we can all speculate as to why - I suspect the reasons you give could help explain it.   Actually as Andy himself had said he had plenty of chances and just couldn't take them because of too many mistakes.  I don't know about you but I felt he let that unfair point get to him when they were made to replay the point even though it was obvious that the call hadn't affected Birdy.  I'd have respected Birdy more if he'd fessed up that it hadn't - reminded me of the Andy cap moment last year.  Of course Andy shouldn't let that get to him so it's not an excuse or anything.  Overall while Andy didn't play nearly as well as he can do it wasn't the woeful performance some people are painting it as.

Agree tj I was v annoyed when Fleming suggested that Andy lacked confidence on hard court.  He looked super confident last 2 days I thought.  Not sure you're being fair to Marcus though.  I just think he smiles whatever the results.  I'm not sure what you base that on?

IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #514 on: August 17, 2013, 08:38 AM »

Flatness. Of course. He's flat when he wins wimbledon. He's flat when he loses a big final. He's flat if he goes out early. Why is it, apparently, according to people on here anyway, only Murray who seems to suffer from this flatness or "post-whatever-slam" loss of form? Of course all players go through up and downs. Yet it seems no matter what happens with Andy, a bad tournament is always due to something that happened before.

I didn't say he tanks every match. I said people on this site who defend Andy nonstop say he tanks every match. He didn't tank today. In fact, I've never once said he's tanked. It annoys me like crazy when people say he tanks. It is the defenders who tend to use the tanking excuse. Despite that, it is clear that Murray is trying to peak for the slams, and seemingly hasn't figured out how to do this without consistently going out early in smaller tournaments.

Djokovic has the advantage of being much more consistent than Murray outside of the slams. Yes, every player loses matches early from time to time, and sometimes experiences worse runs of form than usual. The problem is this has been typical of Murray's level in these events for a few years now. Feel free to give me an example of a similar result from Djokovic/Federer/Nadal and I can give you three from Murray. Those players have all won more slams than Andy, btw, and been number one. And winning masters before slams has never been a problem for them in the past. Nor has it for Andy, for that matter, so using that excuse when he goes out early is silly.

Yes, Murray did play that badly. This is not criticizing him. This isn't having a go, or getting the knives out or anything like that. He played badly. I think almost any unbiased observer would agree.

Again, the "being afraid to get injured" comment was directed at the very type of fan you seem to be a part of. If you read through this thread, and the hundreds of others like it, you'll see a lot of people defending crap Murray performances on injuries, or not wanting to get injured before a big tournament, or tanking, or all sorts of nonsense. The"critics" or the negative fans or whatever you want to call us, will usually just say he played ****. Like today. But then you don't tend to like that either, so, as I've suggested before, it might be best to do away with this forum, as any comment beyond "come on andy! unlucky andy! andy's great" seems to send everyone insane. If you read through my posts I haven't once insulted Murray. But saying he played badly is a big no-no. I'll remember that.

I really do despair.

clap
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #515 on: August 17, 2013, 09:35 AM »

Flatness. Of course. He's flat when he wins wimbledon. He's flat when he loses a big final. He's flat if he goes out early. Why is it, apparently, according to people on here anyway, only Murray who seems to suffer from this flatness or "post-whatever-slam" loss of form? Of course all players go through up and downs. Yet it seems no matter what happens with Andy, a bad tournament is always due to something that happened before.

I didn't say he tanks every match. I said people on this site who defend Andy nonstop say he tanks every match. He didn't tank today. In fact, I've never once said he's tanked. It annoys me like crazy when people say he tanks. It is the defenders who tend to use the tanking excuse. Despite that, it is clear that Murray is trying to peak for the slams, and seemingly hasn't figured out how to do this without consistently going out early in smaller tournaments.

Djokovic has the advantage of being much more consistent than Murray outside of the slams. Yes, every player loses matches early from time to time, and sometimes experiences worse runs of form than usual. The problem is this has been typical of Murray's level in these events for a few years now. Feel free to give me an example of a similar result from Djokovic/Federer/Nadal and I can give you three from Murray. Those players have all won more slams than Andy, btw, and been number one. And winning masters before slams has never been a problem for them in the past. Nor has it for Andy, for that matter, so using that excuse when he goes out early is silly.

Yes, Murray did play that badly. This is not criticizing him. This isn't having a go, or getting the knives out or anything like that. He played badly. I think almost any unbiased observer would agree.

Again, the "being afraid to get injured" comment was directed at the very type of fan you seem to be a part of. If you read through this thread, and the hundreds of others like it, you'll see a lot of people defending crap Murray performances on injuries, or not wanting to get injured before a big tournament, or tanking, or all sorts of nonsense. The"critics" or the negative fans or whatever you want to call us, will usually just say he played ****. Like today. But then you don't tend to like that either, so, as I've suggested before, it might be best to do away with this forum, as any comment beyond "come on andy! unlucky andy! andy's great" seems to send everyone insane. If you read through my posts I haven't once insulted Murray. But saying he played badly is a big no-no. I'll remember that.

I really do despair.

A long and rambling post, confused and confusing.   I did look through some of your posts, not very interesting reading, but strangely enough could not find any when Andy won Wimbledon.  Took a quick look back to 2012 but you seem to have missed the Olympics and the US Open that year.     Too busy to look properly at the moment, and lets face it it will be a very boring task, but I am curious to see what your posts are like on the big wins.    Meanwhile enjoy your despair.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #516 on: August 17, 2013, 09:54 AM »

Masaka @10.36 - good post.  I share your sense of despair but remember you're not alone my friend.
I second that Ruthie
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #517 on: August 17, 2013, 10:04 AM »

Teejay - hope you reconsider and don't leave. I always enjoy reading your posts. In a few days, Cincinnati will be forgotten and everyone will be looking forward to the USO - it'd be a shame for you to miss out on that.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #518 on: August 17, 2013, 10:11 AM »

You've posted 12 times and over half have been towards me.

I guess that means I'm pretty important to you, bro.

Surely its gotta be someone you've seriously pissed off in the past whose came back under a new name? ............maybe its mark getting his own back  lol
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #519 on: August 17, 2013, 10:13 AM »

Surely its gotta be someone you've seriously pissed off in the past whose came back under a new name? ............maybe its mark getting his own back  lol

I totally thought it was Mark at first.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #520 on: August 17, 2013, 10:15 AM »

I totally thought it was Mark at first.

He seems far too rude though to be Mark, a well behaved young man like him would never use the ****** emoticon  w00t
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #521 on: August 17, 2013, 10:27 AM »

I really do despair.

Your post is one of the best example of back tracking, and pseudo justification for nastiness I have read.  Let's make it simple.

1) Yesterday Andy Murray lost a tennis match. When he loses, or is in the process of losing the comments from some of the people on here beggar belief. They become vitriolic diatribes. They are not nice, they are not kind, and most of the time they are not accurate. Certain people on here, ( and I am not actually accusing you here), seem to take the most unholy delight in these situations, becoming almost rabid in their glee.
2) Those of us who are perhaps a little more mature, maybe have seen a little more of the world find these comments against Andy Murray, way over the top and offensive.
3) Logically if you support somebody, surely that support should be relatively unconditional.
2) Andy Murray as we all know is a very complex man, with a very traumatic past. As a consequence he behaves and reacts differently to some other people. Of all the players on the tour, he perhaps deserves more leeway, by virtue of that.   Constantly comparing him with Nadal, Djokovic or Federer is meaningless, and totally unproductive. He is not them (thank goodness), and never will be. Why people can't accept him as he is is beyond me.
3) You think Murray lost because he played badly. I disagree, I think he lost because Berdych played much better than him yesterday. It happens.
4) Personally I really hate the hypocrisy. When Murray is winning, he is great and can do no wrong. As soon as he loses he becomes the devil incarnate.
5) If objecting to this, makes me one of the "sad, middle aged kitten cuddling, fluffy bunnies", sort of women in your eyes, then so be it. I would far rather have that on my conscience than ownership of some of the savage posts.
6) Murray lost a tennis match. He will undoubtedly lose many more. Non of us on here actually, know why. We are not him, we are not privy to his inner thoughts and feelings. It might be part of some long term game plan. Equally it might not be. He doesn't have to justify himself to anyone, but himself. He certainly doesn't deserve the sh*t that gets thrown at him on here by some people.
7) If some of the so called negative brigade on here, are unable to see just how unpleasant, irrational and unwarranted some of the accusations in their posts are, then I actually feel sorry for them.
8) It might be worth considering that if some people were not so over the top in their reactions to Murray losing, then folks like me might not feel the need to be over the top in our defence of him.

9) Murray has lost a couple of tennis matches recently. Why some of his so called fans can't just accept that losing as well as wining is part and parcel of the sporting process, without making such a song and dance about it, is beyond my comprehension.

"If you can can meet with Triumph and Disaster
And treat those two impostors just the same......... You'll be a Man, my son!"

There are a few people on here who have a long way to go before they become men (or women) in my opinion.

This is a ramble, but yet again I am simply trying to explain why I get so upset at some of the posts on here. If I have failed, so be it.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #522 on: August 17, 2013, 10:34 AM »

If you want to go to a "perfect" Andy fan page  go to the  Dunblane  Diamond FB page.  They never say anything negative. I once posted that Andy was playing like a turkey and they deleted me off the page.  Lol.   You can't say anything negative.     They are talking about they state of our forum.  LOL.  The cheek.         We each deal with Andy's losses in a different way. Some may take the classy response or If you are like me and go a bit mental then oh well.   Your opinion  doesn't make you any less of a fan of Andy.   
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #523 on: August 17, 2013, 10:35 AM »

Teejay - hope you reconsider and don't leave. I always enjoy reading your posts. In a few days, Cincinnati will be forgotten and everyone will be looking forward to the USO - it'd be a shame for you to miss out on that.

Seconded or thirded. Teejay's posts are some of the most balanced and rational on here - as far removed from the over the top irrationality many of us ( including me sometimes), are guilty of.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #524 on: August 17, 2013, 10:42 AM »

If you want to go to a "perfect" Andy fan page  go to the  Dunblane  Diamond FB page.  They never say anything negative. I once posted that Andy was playing like a turkey and they deleted me off the page.  Lol.   You can't say anything negative.     They are talking about they state of our forum.  LOL.  The cheek.         We each deal with Andy's losses in a different way. Some may take the classy response or If you are like me and go a bit mental then oh well.   Your opinion  doesn't make you any less of a fan of Andy.   

Lol yeah....I said Andy played dire and they have sent out a hitman to hunt me down I fear  nervous also they keep liking each others comments back and forwards back and forwards etc  Rolling Eyes same people keep backing each other up like they have no opinions of their own!!  If you don't hear from me again I've been banged up by the DD police
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »