Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy in 2 - 13 (46.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (46.4%)
Berdych in 2 - 2 (7.1%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!!

(Read 7392 times)
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #525 on: August 17, 2013, 10:47 AM »

If you want to go to a "perfect" Andy fan page  go to the  Dunblane  Diamond FB page.  They never say anything negative. I once posted that Andy was playing like a turkey and they deleted me off the page.  Lol.   You can't say anything negative.     They are talking about they state of our forum.  LOL.  The cheek.         We each deal with Andy's losses in a different way. Some may take the classy response or If you are like me and go a bit mental then oh well.   Your opinion  doesn't make you any less of a fan of Andy.   

It's not the negativity that gets to me -  what might be said in the heat of the match is quite one thing. By and large I have learnt to ignore that. What gets to me is the out and out nastiness. If you go back and read some of the posts in the immediate aftermath, they seem calculated to be as horrible as possible. I genuinely don't understand how people who profess to be Murray fans can write such unpleasantness. It simply doesn't equate to me. It seems a complete contradiction in terms. We are all probably disappointed when Murray loses. I just don't see why some people feel the need to react by being so horrible.

Perhaps it is just me.....?
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #526 on: August 17, 2013, 10:50 AM »

Lol yeah....I said Andy played dire and they have sent out a hitman to hunt me down I fear  nervous also they keep liking each others comments back and forwards back and forwards etc  Rolling Eyes same people keep backing each other up like they have no opinions of their own!!  If you don't hear from me again I've been banged up by the DD police
There is no variety of opinions.  Here is a example of a post on their page with slight exaggeration  - " Andy you hit 183628281
83727384 UE but you played bloody amazing. I'm so proud of you.    So so so so so so proud.   You will be number 1.    Always believe. !!!!!!!!!!!!!! ".       I mean seriously.   What the hell.   I would disagree with this entirely. Lol.
[ Last edit by backhandslice August 17, 2013, 11:14 AM ] IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #527 on: August 17, 2013, 10:53 AM »

A bit shocked with the backlash last night. You would think Andy has won nothing this year with all the pish that's being spouted.
This is an Andy love in here so leave your despair in the living room, have a coke & a smile & shut the f**k up!!!

Oh roll on the U.S!!!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #528 on: August 17, 2013, 10:56 AM »

A bit shocked with the backlash last night. You would think Andy has won nothing this year with all the pish that's being spouted.
This is an Andy love in here so leave your despair in the living room, have a coke & a smile & shut the f**k up!!!

Oh roll on the U.S!!!

Personally after a Murray loss I opt for chocolate to help me get over it, plus re watching the final game of the Olympic Gold Medal match. People do indeed have different ways of coping....!!!
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #529 on: August 17, 2013, 10:59 AM »

Oh no Andy lost a tennis match, my life is over, can i have the address of Rafa's fan forum please? i want to jump ship and support somebody who never loses.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #530 on: August 17, 2013, 11:07 AM »

Oh no Andy lost a tennis match, my life is over, can i have the address of Rafa's fan forum please? i want to jump ship and support somebody who never loses.
lol.   Heh    I seriously don't get people who change their fav after a couple of loses.  It's ridiculous.     I only support Andy tbh.   I wouldn't have Andy any other way. He's unpredictable with his random loses.  He's a great fighter and its a rollercoaster supporting him through his ups and downs.    Very Happy
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #531 on: August 17, 2013, 11:11 AM »

This will probably be my last post on MW. I'm just fed up with all the negativity and spite aimed at Andy when he loses the odd match. For God's sake, look at his bloody win/loss ratio this year. Compared to some he's hardly lost a match, and yet when he does the knives come out. I've had enough of the knives. We often laugh at Fed, Nadal and Djokovic fans, and in many, many ways  rightly so, but one way they are often way ahead of us, with all due respect, is how they deal with losses. We lap up when Andy wins, but become downright irrational when he loses. I know, we all say we want the best for him, but if we did our criticisms, if we had them, would be constructive. I don't think name calling and insulting the man is constructive. I'm old fashioned like that.

For everyone's information, Andy leads the tour on matches won from a set down. That's not 'Superman, never out of it' Djokovic, or 'I'll have seven months out to practice and call it a knee injury' Nadal, or even 'God personified' Federer, it's Andy. That means that anyone who plays him knows they have to play well to win, because he's not out until he's out. Today, for whatever reason, try as he might, and he damned well did, he just couldn't wrestle it out of Berdych's hands. Maybe, as much as I hate his game, we should be giving Berdych some credit. Then again, why should we do that when lashing out at Andy is clearly more fun?

A dead atmosphere, lots of ridiculous outside noise and a tricky opponent playing well just knocked Andy off his stride today. You can make a production out if that if you wish. I choose not to. If that had been in a slam Andy would have found a way. Why? Not because he has more desire in slams, or because he doesn't want to win more Masters tournaments, but because a slam is best of five sets. As tough as best of five is, there is room to reset if things don't start well. There is not much room for that in a best of three. I would have bet my life on Andy turning that around if it had been a slam.

Fleming had one if his rare idiot moments today, talking about Andy still not being confident, or some such rubbish. Where is the evidence for that? As for Marcus's barely disguised glee at the result today, it's blatantly obvious who he favours, has been all the week to be honest. His contempt for Andy is obvious unless Andy is winning and praising Sky, then Marcus fawns like the sychohant that he is. I despise Crofty, but at least she's consistently pathetic.

It did make me smile that they talked about Berdych being consistent. Sure, he consistently goes out in the first round of a slam every year, and consistently bottles it against Djokovic. Pity he's already had this year's first round exit. Credit to him though, if he'd been in the other half in Cincy he would still have managed to lose to Djokovic, even with Djokovic in that form. Yep, he's consistent all right.

All this talk about Andy slipping in the rankings is just scare-mongering and I've had enough of it. Andy will now drop back to three for a while. Sure, he can't gain at the USO this year, but there are plenty of tournaments left where he can gain points. One bad match does not make Andy a bad player, nor does it spell disaster for the rest of the year, or the USO. Andy was in a trickier position than this last year, having withdrawn (he did not lose) from Toronto, then losing in the third round in Cincy. He was the 4th seed at the USO and still won, beating a certain Berdych and a certain Djokovic, if I recall......

The irony is that in Montreal and Cincy Andy went a round better this year than last. Still, if you want to carp and criticise, who am I to stand in the way.

There are bound to be bumps in the road for Andy from time to time. They all have them. Each time Andy has appeared to get stuck he has worked out what needs to happen in order to continue to progress. Today isn't even a bump, it's a pimple, but Andy will work out what went wrong and he will sort it in time for the USO. In the longer run I also think he, along with Lendl and the team, will work out what needs to happen for him to make that next step up. That might not happen immediately, but then again some of us don't go around demanding everything happens yesterday and kicking the man in the teeth when it doesn't.

Great post Teejay, I agree 100% with all you have said. clap
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #532 on: August 17, 2013, 11:11 AM »

Tee Jay Please stay as there needs to be a nucleus of positive Andy fans. I deal with the backlash by some and the tirade aimed at Andy by not reading them. Get real some of you, the mighty Nole lost to a much lower seeded player than Andy, in far less difficult circumstances. He was trying to make history and he lost, are his fans behaving in his forum as some are here. nah
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #533 on: August 17, 2013, 11:12 AM »

I'm bloody sure they are not Michelle!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #534 on: August 17, 2013, 11:17 AM »

Well said masaka @10:35!
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #535 on: August 17, 2013, 11:20 AM »

You want to support Mr "I have got totally destroyed knees, Oh they are not totally destroyed after all, oh yes they are, oh no they are not, oh yes they are - perhaps a few steroid injections in my knees and other parts might help" Nadal. - now I really do dispair...!!!

Just for the purposes of clarification - I do know you were joking, as am I:-)
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #536 on: August 17, 2013, 11:33 AM »

Well said masaka @10:35!

Thanks, also to Aileen, Ruthie and Debs and others who have agreed with me. It does help to recognise that there are a lot of people on here who are like minded. I also have a lot of respect for the folks who made some rather out of order comments yesterday, but have had the guts to come back on today and retract or apologise. All of us, including me, can have "foot in mouth"moments.  We just need more perspective, and not forget we support the current Olympic, US Open, and Wimbledon champion. Berdych would happily trade his victory yesterday for those.
IP Logged
The Gnome
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #537 on: August 17, 2013, 11:40 AM »

You want to support Mr "I have got totally destroyed knees, Oh they are not totally destroyed after all, oh yes they are, oh no they are not, oh yes they are - perhaps a few steroid injections in my knees and other parts might help" Nadal. - now I really do dispair...!!!

Just for the purposes of clarification - I do know you were joking, as am I:-)

lmao

IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #538 on: August 17, 2013, 11:52 AM »

Said at the start of the year he really wants to improve his Masters performances so he can stake a claim for the number one spot.

In 2013 his Masters results have been: QF-W-R2-QF-R2-R3-QF.

Compare that to 2012: R2-F-QF-R3-DNP-R3-R3 (F-R3)

Honestly? That's pathetic for a player in the top 3 in the world. One semi-final all year. Only three semi-finals in the last two years.

Yes his Slam performances have been incredible but why is he incapable of performing well in both? Djokovic manages it. Nadal manages it.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #539 on: August 17, 2013, 12:02 PM »

Tee Jay Please stay as there needs to be a nucleus of positive Andy fans. I deal with the backlash by some and the tirade aimed at Andy by not reading them. Get real some of you, the mighty Nole lost to a much lower seeded player than Andy, in far less difficult circumstances. He was trying to make history and he lost, are his fans behaving in his forum as some are here. nah

Yes they are.   Not that I condon any of it.  They are both human at at the top of the game and should be respected for that alone. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »