Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Who will win?
Andy in 2 - 13 (46.4%)
Andy in 3 - 13 (46.4%)
Berdych in 2 - 2 (7.1%)
Berdych in 3 - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 28

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!!

(Read 8730 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #555 on: August 17, 2013, 02:53 PM »

There's a famous quote by Charles De Gaulle which says "Diplomats are useful only in fair weather as soon as it rains they drown in every drop". Bit like on here after a defeat !!

Keep the faith - onwards and upwards, proud to be an Andy Murray fan......

The problem on this site is that some of the posters who vent their spleen when it rains are conspicuous  by their absence in fair weather.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #556 on: August 17, 2013, 02:57 PM »

I just want to post something "the morning after the night before" now I am an ardent Andy Murray fan but I do not wear Murray tinted spectacles, yesterday he played below par, thing is he's an intelligent lad that will know what's gone wrong and he'll be working damn hard to put it right before the USO.  He has made it clear his priority are the slams.  Now when he was winning masters titles everyone had a go at him as he had not won a slam, now he's winning slams everyone is questioning his commitment to the masters!!  Damned if he does and damned ifnhe doesn't.  We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, maybe Andy has made the decision to prioritise the slams to protect his back issues and give him the longevity required in his career.
I understand that everyone has their own personal opinions and yes we live in a democracy and people are entitled to that but some of the comments on a Murray fan site in the aftermath of a match which was not a disaster in anyway defy belief.  If you go onto any of the other top players websites you will not find their fans teraring into their player.  We know Andy is an amazing player but he is human not a machine on automatic, he has provided us with some amazing moments throughout his career and he will give us many more.  He has a coach that has guided him to success and a team to support him, have faith in Andy and his team to push him to more success.  Whilst Berdych deserved his win last night, that's all it was a win - not the end of the world. Losses are disappointing but we know Andy will turn up at the USO ready to give his all to defend his title.  I personally support Andy because not only his amazing genius brand of tennis but he's human, complex at times which makes him compelling, most of all what you see is what you get, he's genuine, normal and down to earth but can play a shot that astounds you and then question what you've just seen.  I'll take that any day along with his current haul of titles including 2 GS and a gold medal.  

There's a famous quote by Charles De Gaulle which says "Diplomats are useful only in fair weather as soon as it rains they drown in every drop". Bit like on here after a defeat !!

Magic m.m. As always,    like Ruthie I second that.  hug
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #557 on: August 17, 2013, 02:59 PM »

I just want to post something "the morning after the night before" now I am an ardent Andy Murray fan but I do not wear Murray tinted spectacles, yesterday he played below par, thing is he's an intelligent lad that will know what's gone wrong and he'll be working damn hard to put it right before the USO.  He has made it clear his priority are the slams.  Now when he was winning masters titles everyone had a go at him as he had not won a slam, now he's winning slams everyone is questioning his commitment to the masters!!  Damned if he does and damned ifnhe doesn't.  We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, maybe Andy has made the decision to prioritise the slams to protect his back issues and give him the longevity required in his career.
I understand that everyone has their own personal opinions and yes we live in a democracy and people are entitled to that but some of the comments on a Murray fan site in the aftermath of a match which was not a disaster in anyway defy belief.  If you go onto any of the other top players websites you will not find their fans teraring into their player.  We know Andy is an amazing player but he is human not a machine on automatic, he has provided us with some amazing moments throughout his career and he will give us many more.  He has a coach that has guided him to success and a team to support him, have faith in Andy and his team to push him to more success.  Whilst Berdych deserved his win last night, that's all it was a win - not the end of the world. Losses are disappointing but we know Andy will turn up at the USO ready to give his all to defend his title.  I personally support Andy because not only his amazing genius brand of tennis but he's human, complex at times which makes him compelling, most of all what you see is what you get, he's genuine, normal and down to earth but can play a shot that astounds you and then question what you've just seen.  I'll take that any day along with his current haul of titles including 2 GS and a gold medal. 

Absolutely MM.  My OH and I were just saying all that you have posted.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #558 on: August 17, 2013, 04:41 PM »

And yet Andy is the tours 2nd most succesful player this year with 4 titles, so Djokovic made more semis than Andy whoopydoo, i think he would prefer actually winning them than making semis, no pleasing some people apparantly.

And how exactly has Djokovic "managed it" this year? he has won 1 masters (the same as Andy) and hasn't even been a runner up anywhere else (the same as Andy) i guess that's even more pathetic considering he's the worlds best player?

I have to confess that I hadn't clocked the fact that Djokovic has only won three titles this year.

Intriguing.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #559 on: August 17, 2013, 05:08 PM »

Well said MM.  I know this site is called Murraysworld but I don't think Andy would want to have anything to do with this after reading some of these posts.  Andy knows how he played yesterday, we are not qualified or suitably knowledgeable about the high level of work, commitment and mental concentration required on a consistent basis to have any right to make some of these comments which have appeared on this thread.  Constructive criticism is always welcome but only from those who are on an equal level or superior, not some of the drivel that is on MW,  Yes, your entitled to your openion but not when you're wrong.  As Roddick said to Andy at Queens 'keep it social'
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #560 on: August 17, 2013, 05:13 PM »

Well said MM.  I know this site is called Murraysworld but I don't think Andy would want to have anything to do with this after reading some of these posts.  Andy knows how he played yesterday, we are not qualified or suitably knowledgeable about the high level of work, commitment and mental concentration required on a consistent basis to have any right to make some of these comments which have appeared on this thread.  Constructive criticism is always welcome but only from those who are on an equal level or superior, not some of the drivel that is on MW,  Yes, your entitled to your openion but not when you're wrong.  As Roddick said to Andy at Queens 'keep it social'

It's a forum. People can say what they want. Don't like it - make another one with stricter moderators.

Shrug
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #561 on: August 17, 2013, 06:26 PM »

I have to confess that I hadn't clocked the fact that Djokovic has only won three titles this year.

Intriguing.
Very TJ, it will fascinating to watch how the next few months pan out for the top 3 . yes
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #562 on: August 17, 2013, 06:29 PM »

Well said murraymagic, my feelings exactly! I personally couldn't give a flying f++k about Andy reaching no 1 as seeing what Andy has achieved over the past year or so is enough  for me. The guy is now legendary!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #563 on: August 17, 2013, 06:30 PM »

Well said murraymagic, my feelings exactly! I personally couldn't give a flying f++k about Andy reaching no 1 as seeing what Andy has achieved over the past year or so is enough  for me. The guy is now legendary!
  clap
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #564 on: August 17, 2013, 07:13 PM »

It's a forum. People can say what they want. Don't like it - make another one with stricter moderators.

Shrug
Yes people can express their opinion, but we need to be careful what we say and how we say it. It should never be offensive and hurtful. There have been too many examples on facebook and other places on the internet where people have said what they liked and have brought about the death of young people, and probably not so young.
To my mind we should not say on this forum about Andy what we would not say to him face to face or want him and his family to read. I think he would be very hurt if he read some of the criticism posted. He would I'm sure accept constructive criticism but the destructive sort only destroys, and is not helpful to anyone. perhaps we need to 'treat others as we would like to be treated'.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #565 on: August 17, 2013, 07:33 PM »

I just want to post something "the morning after the night before" now I am an ardent Andy Murray fan but I do not wear Murray tinted spectacles, yesterday he played below par, thing is he's an intelligent lad that will know what's gone wrong and he'll be working damn hard to put it right before the USO.  He has made it clear his priority are the slams.  Now when he was winning masters titles everyone had a go at him as he had not won a slam, now he's winning slams everyone is questioning his commitment to the masters!!  Damned if he does and damned ifnhe doesn't.  We don't know what goes on behind closed doors, maybe Andy has made the decision to prioritise the slams to protect his back issues and give him the longevity required in his career.
I understand that everyone has their own personal opinions and yes we live in a democracy and people are entitled to that but some of the comments on a Murray fan site in the aftermath of a match which was not a disaster in anyway defy belief.  If you go onto any of the other top players websites you will not find their fans teraring into their player.  We know Andy is an amazing player but he is human not a machine on automatic, he has provided us with some amazing moments throughout his career and he will give us many more.  He has a coach that has guided him to success and a team to support him, have faith in Andy and his team to push him to more success.  Whilst Berdych deserved his win last night, that's all it was a win - not the end of the world. Losses are disappointing but we know Andy will turn up at the USO ready to give his all to defend his title.  I personally support Andy because not only his amazing genius brand of tennis but he's human, complex at times which makes him compelling, most of all what you see is what you get, he's genuine, normal and down to earth but can play a shot that astounds you and then question what you've just seen.  I'll take that any day along with his current haul of titles including 2 GS and a gold medal. 

Good posting!  The only thing I will add is that I went onto the English-speaking official Djokovic website after he lost Wimbledon, and he was being ripped to shreds!  It seems to me that the true rose-tinted luvvies inhabit Federer's official website.  Nothing negative there, although I have a suspicion that it's very carefully moderated because not so long ago I signed up (just for the fun of it) and submitted what I considered to be a fair and balanced post, and it never appeared.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #566 on: August 17, 2013, 07:36 PM »

:not so long ago I signed up (just for the fun of it) and submitted what I considered to be a fair and balanced post, and it never appeared.

Oooh our very own online undercover agent. Love it! shades
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #567 on: August 17, 2013, 07:42 PM »

Yes people can express their opinion, but we need to be careful what we say and how we say it. It should never be offensive and hurtful. There have been too many examples on facebook and other places on the internet where people have said what they liked and have brought about the death of young people, and probably not so young.
To my mind we should not say on this forum about Andy what we would not say to him face to face or want him and his family to read. I think he would be very hurt if he read some of the criticism posted. He would I'm sure accept constructive criticism but the destructive sort only destroys, and is not helpful to anyone. perhaps we need to 'treat others as we would like to be treated'.

An that in the end,  is why people shouldn't write such complete crap - it's a matter of common decency and basic good manners.  What does it actually achieve in the end other than causing discord,  conflict and bad feeling on here?  Murray's World was a horrible place to be last night.

The only time I personally have been pissed off with Andy Murray, was after the 2012 Wimbledon final, when he stood there apologising to people for losing.   Given the pressure practically the whole nation had been putting him under for years, I thought it should have been the other way round, with the whole nation apologising to him. His response to that devastating loss? Picking himself up, getting back on the practice courts, and a month later trouncing his conqueror to take the Gold Medal from under his nose. 12 months later he returns to the scene of the crime, and this time ends up clutching the most coveted tennis trophy in  the world to his chest. How quickly people forget. Some folks are never satisfied.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #568 on: August 17, 2013, 07:48 PM »

Actually we are all wrong regarding Andy in cincinatti. Clearly Kim has put her foot down and told Andy point blank no way is he bringing that ugly vase home. He chose  Berdych to beat him as a thank you for doing the Queen's charity match and to avoid giving Fed or Rafa any mistaken notion that they could beat him.   Whistle
IP Logged
tennis_girl
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati QF: Andy Murray vs Tomas 'Twitter' Berdych!! « Reply #569 on: August 17, 2013, 07:50 PM »

He doesn't go through each match thread. I highly doubt he reads this site on even a semi-regular basis.

If this was really bad and I mean really bad, I'm pretty sure the moderators would intervene. That being said, you're on one of the most lax forums I've ever come across and I doubt that'll change anytime soon. Shrug

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 [38] 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »