Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey

(Read 5386 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « on: August 14, 2012, 10:28 PM »

This match will be 3rd on court, roughly around 7pm BST, although it obviously depends on how quick/short the previous matches take.

Andy Murray will begin his title defence with a 2nd round encounter against American #4 Sam Querrey. Querrey has been on the comeback trail this year, after falling outside the top 100 towards the end of last year due to injury. He has risen back up to #29 after a good recent run of form, regaining his Los Angeles title, reaching the semi-finals of Washington and the 3rd round of Montreal.

Andy has a 4-1 H2H against Querrey (which I'm sure Bev will be able to provide Very Happy), with the one defeat coming in their last encounter - although this was over two years ago (Los Angeles final).

The winner will face the victor of Jeremy Chardy and Denis Istomin.

[ Last edit by TheMadHatter August 15, 2012, 01:50 PM ] IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 10:31 PM »

Fingers crossed for the knee
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #2 on: August 14, 2012, 10:36 PM »

Schedule not up yet, although this encounter will apparently be a day match.

Andy Murray will begin his title defence with a 2nd round encounter against American #4 Sam Querrey. Querrey has been on the comeback trail this year, after falling outside the top 100 towards the end of last year due to injury. He has risen back up to #29 after a good recent run of form, regaining his Los Angeles title, reaching the semi-finals of Washing ton and the 3rd round of Montreal.

Andy has a 4-1 H2H against Querrey (which I'm sure Bev will be able to provide Very Happy), with the one defeat coming in their last encounter - although this was over two years ago (Los Angeles final).

The winner will face the victor of Jeremy Chardy and Denis Istomin.

That clip should help to settle John's nerves. Genius is right. Andy Magic Smile
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #3 on: August 14, 2012, 10:58 PM »

I should have seen that blooming shot live. I was at the Paris Masters that day. We tried to see Andy but we weren't allowed in.  It was so annoying sitting watching tennis on the main court knowing that Andy was playing on another court.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #4 on: August 14, 2012, 11:19 PM »

Good Luck to Andy the Golden boy!!  Hope the knee is fine!

IP Logged
Coldmarek
Top Seed

Andy Murray is better than you.

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #5 on: August 14, 2012, 11:25 PM »

Meh one would think the match time would be announced at this time.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #6 on: August 14, 2012, 11:56 PM »

Querry is also playing in the Dubs with J Blake (Just finished), they won their match against Melzer and Petszchner. They must be good then, or Melzer having a really bad day!

Perhaps that'll take a bit of steam out of Mr. Q. who has played 2 matches in one day. Not that Andy needs any special help to win this match. Smile
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #7 on: August 15, 2012, 12:24 AM »

Andy in 2. Come on Andy, whip some American butt.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #8 on: August 15, 2012, 01:46 AM »

Andy is 3rd on centre court.

Here is the schedule.
http://assets.usta.com/assets/663/15/Aug15OOP.pdf
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #9 on: August 15, 2012, 02:33 AM »

Schedule not up yet, although this encounter will apparently be a day match.

Andy's 3rd up on centre court with play beginning at 11 am local time, so 4 pm UK time?

Now, everytime I google Sam Querrey, I came up with the Andy picture, so it was telling me something lol

This is a repeat of Cinny 2008, R32 - let's see if Andy can do it again.

cmonandy

* Murray vs Querrey.JPG (134.11 KB, 843x1003 - viewed 78 times.)
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #10 on: August 15, 2012, 06:29 AM »

Let's Go Andy! Let's Go!
 yay yay yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #11 on: August 15, 2012, 06:57 AM »

Just hope that Querrey doesn't catch Andy cold when he himself is on a bit of a roll.  Barry Cowan [not that I consider him the fount of all wisdom] said in say a QF he'd back Andy just about every time but the best time to play AM is in his first round.  And hope the knee holds up ok - caught a clip of Andy talking about it last night.  He said he'd never had problems with his left knee before but that his physio says it won't cause any long term problems and it's just sore because of the change of surface.  So fingers crossed.
Glad Andy is on the last of the day time sessions.  But could mean I can't see it as I'm out early evening and not sure I can record it as it will be on the red button because bloody Sky is taking up all its sports channels with friendly football matches.  Unless they show some sense and move one of the football matches to the red button, it will mean a friendly takes precedence over the olympian champion starting the defence of a masters title.  doh
Anyway remember you are the Olympic champion Andy and Sam Querrey who is he?   cmon yeah cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 09:40 AM »

Good pictures etc, Bev.

However, isn't about time ATP website corrected Andy's birthplace as Glasgow. The family moved to Dunblane later.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #13 on: August 15, 2012, 09:47 AM »

I think I'll join in with the smileys

yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay yay

Goofy is going down!
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Querrey « Reply #14 on: August 15, 2012, 10:01 AM »

I have confidence in Andy for this one, but Sammy boy will not go quietly, being home favourite, I fear.
Andy has more skill in his little finger than Querrey has in his right arm.
Shame to see Sams been stricken by the Mumps though. lol
Good one Bev.

cmonandy
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »