Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Youzhny in 2
Youzhny in 3

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny

(Read 3095 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #45 on: August 14, 2013, 11:58 AM »

Youzhny was good yesterday, don't get me wrong, but he was helped quite a bit by Gulbis, who was a shadow of the man who beat Andy last week. If you want a model of inconsistency, then Mr. Gulbis might be the place to start. He was poor yesterday.

I don't think the time of day will come in to it much. I don't think it bothers Andy anymore than it bothers some of us. Trouble is, if he's on early we worry it's too early, if he's on late we say he hasn't got a lot of time between matches. If it's in the middle of the day it's too hot.

I think Andy will be sharper this week. Those doubles matches should have helped. Losing to Gulbis won't have gone down that well either, I'm certain, although Andy did warn people that he wouldn't be at his best in Montreal. I think he'll be motivated in Cincy.

I like Youzhny, I have a bit of a soft spot for him, racquet smashing and all Smile. I just feel that Andy will have too much game for him, and will be keen to make a good show of things. If Andy starts off a bit slow, Andy in three, but if he comes out playing as we know he can, Andy in two. Either way, I can't see Andy losing this one. Don't you dare Murray! Smile.
I felt after listening to Youzhny's interview after his win that he doesn't believe he can beat Andy.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #46 on: August 14, 2013, 12:10 PM »

I felt after listening to Youzhny's interview after his win that he doesn't believe he can beat Andy.

I have to be honest, I didn't see his interview, but I'm not all that surprised. Youzhny didn't come across at Wimbledon as if he thought he had any sort of real chance - not that I'm complaining about that Smile.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #47 on: August 14, 2013, 12:19 PM »

Colonel is a good guy, but he is right in thinking that he has no chance vs The Tradesman. It will be the same story as their Wimbledon meeting.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #48 on: August 14, 2013, 01:02 PM »

cmonandy   & bless him again for Wimbledon.  My mother & I got to see him win that (on TV) before she died last month at 98, on top of seeing his great successes last year!  Thank you, Andy, you were a huge part of her life for years, your upcoming matches were always of great importance to her, giving her always something to look forward to.  Your successes were definitively one of her greatest joys.
hug Sorry for your loss. Good to hear that she was able to see Andy lift the Wimbledon trophy before she passed away Smile.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #49 on: August 14, 2013, 01:16 PM »

cmonandy   & bless him again for Wimbledon.  My mother & I got to see him win that (on TV) before she died last month at 98, on top of seeing his great successes last year!  Thank you, Andy, you were a huge part of her life for years, your upcoming matches were always of great importance to her, giving her always something to look forward to.  Your successes were definitively one of her greatest joys.
oh adb so glad your mother was able to see Andy win Wimbledon given he meant so much to her.  Thanks for telling us that.  Hope you're doing ok.

Re Andy's early start I don't think it matters at all to him now.  But where it might make a difference is in the likelihood that there will be noone there and we know Andy plays better with a decent crowd.  I don't think it will be a significant factor but those early matches can be really dead and it must be difficult even for a professional to come down from the giddy heights of the Wimbledon final.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #50 on: August 14, 2013, 01:22 PM »

Looking forward to this one   cmonandy
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #51 on: August 14, 2013, 03:56 PM »

Looking forward to this one   cmonandy
Me too Deb, and thanks for the pm.  hug

Let us have a stressless match, please Andy  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #52 on: August 14, 2013, 04:03 PM »

wave Morning everyone. Have to laugh with Robbie Koenig's comment just now on ESPN - today sees the introduction of the big boys. Poor Fedex. Enjoy the match.

cmonandy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #53 on: August 14, 2013, 04:04 PM »

cmonandy
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #54 on: August 14, 2013, 04:06 PM »

Just minutes away now folks, they guys are warming up.  I've got Rob Koenig and Ashley Fisher commentating on C-More Tennis channel!

IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #55 on: August 14, 2013, 04:14 PM »

Poor start from Youzhny. Good for Andy :-)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #56 on: August 14, 2013, 04:19 PM »

3-0.  Don't let it slip away Andy!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #57 on: August 14, 2013, 04:20 PM »

wave Morning everyone. Have to laugh with Robbie Koenig's comment just now on ESPN - today sees the introduction of the big boys. Poor Fedex. Enjoy the match.

cmonandy
Hi there Bev. cmonandy 
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #58 on: August 14, 2013, 04:23 PM »

LOL forever. 
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #59 on: August 14, 2013, 04:24 PM »

Youzhny doing nothing, Andy has this.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »