Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Predictions please
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Youzhny in 2
Youzhny in 3

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny

(Read 4012 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #120 on: August 14, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Good practice match for Andy.

Benneateau up next but comm just said he twisted his ankle in the 3rd set of his match against Stepanek. Think
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #121 on: August 14, 2013, 05:26 PM »

Final score??
6-2, 6-3.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #122 on: August 14, 2013, 05:28 PM »

Sounds like we had the same commies.

Great to hear such positivity from them about Andy.
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #123 on: August 14, 2013, 05:38 PM »

6-2, 6-3.
Thanks Aileen
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #124 on: August 14, 2013, 05:38 PM »

Sounds like we had the same commies.

Great to hear such positivity from them about Andy.
You're lucky......I only had one and he was rubbish! He actually brought up the remark that Andy jokingly made the English football team!  nah
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #125 on: August 14, 2013, 05:40 PM »

Well Andy made short work of youzhny today....well done Andy.  I'm waiting to see the interview.  Cincy is an awful hot tournament, so probably good that Andy played early.  I used to have season tickets there and I would be dying from the heat.

Great interview with Andy, he is so relaxed now in his interviews, funny, informative, I hope you all got to see it.  It was with the two commentators not on the court.

Well done Andy!!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #126 on: August 14, 2013, 05:44 PM »

Sky interviewed Andy after it was Annabel and Leif. They both only had very positive things to say Smile
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #127 on: August 14, 2013, 05:50 PM »

Leif commented that Andy did not allow Youzhny to play, that he was playing smart. It was a good warm up match. I feel sure that as he makes his way against different opponents we will see him playing defensive and offensive tennis.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #128 on: August 14, 2013, 05:58 PM »

Well Andy made short work of youzhny today....well done Andy.  I'm waiting to see the interview.  Cincy is an awful hot tournament, so probably good that Andy played early.  I used to have season tickets there and I would be dying from the heat.

Great interview with Andy, he is so relaxed now in his interviews, funny, informative, I hope you all got to see it.  It was with the two commentators not on the court.

Well done Andy!!
TennisTV never shows any interviews unless they're on court, and even then they don't usually bother in the early stages of a tournament, but being a livestream they've got too many matches to cover before the QF.

I glad that Andy got this match over quickly.  He needs to conserve as much energy as possible in that heat.
[ Last edit by Aileen August 14, 2013, 06:02 PM ] IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #129 on: August 14, 2013, 06:03 PM »

Well that was short and sweet, wasn't it?

Youzhny didn't play as he can, quite clearly, his game was littered with ue's, but I think that was largely to do with the opponent. It was fairly obvious from the start that Youzhny didn't even remotely think he could win, and he didn't, but let's be honest about it, Andy held a 3-0 head to head before today and not without good reason. Youzhny just doesn't have the power to get through Andy. I would venture that not many do these days, unless Andy has an off day.

To me today was a masterclass in the difference it can make when a player believes. Andy openly admitted to Crofty in the studio (I don't care if she is nice about Andy these days, I still want to smack her, annoying cow) that he was nervous beforehand, knowing he wanted some matches this week, but from the start Andy was on it. He took every opportunity presented to him and made life very awkward indeed for his opponent, who looked way out of his depth from the off.

Andy wasn't quite at his best, but it was rather a lot better than last week, so so far, so good.

I think the point about Andy needing to come to the net more is generally fair enough, as is the point about not getting too far back, but he didn't need to worry about that today. Today was about getting it done as sweetly and efficiently as possible. He did well on that score.

It was nice to hear the c'mons from Andy today, as well as the bit of talking to himself when he needed it. That shows he still expects a lot from himself, and rightly so.

Onwards and upwards, but a fine start. clap clap clap clap
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #130 on: August 14, 2013, 06:04 PM »

You're lucky......I only had one and he was rubbish! He actually brought up the remark that Andy jokingly made the English football team!  nah
That reminds me - Andy will be able to watch Scotland/England footie match later, with Scotland winning of course. Whistle
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #131 on: August 14, 2013, 06:05 PM »

Aileen on Sky they mentioned the heat. They said it was cool by Cincy standards today, only about 65 degrees, so quite comfortable.
IP Logged
Dropnet

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #132 on: August 14, 2013, 06:09 PM »

Leif commented that Andy did not allow Youzhny to play, that he was playing smart. It was a good warm up match. I feel sure that as he makes his way against different opponents we will see him playing defensive and offensive tennis.

I think that, if he has got enough self-confidence, he should always play near baseline because it is from there that his new forehand can be dangerous.
Living 3mt beside he risks to play sleeply and then becomes frustrated.

Playing near baseline doesn't mean play offensive, but just let the opponent feels your presence of . 2 in the world.
He can play with passing shots from baseline but with mind would be always offensive.

IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #133 on: August 14, 2013, 06:11 PM »

Great to see Andy back to winning ways.  yes
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Cincinnati R2: Murray vs Youzhny « Reply #134 on: August 14, 2013, 06:13 PM »

http://www.andymurray.com/news-and-blog/archive/
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »