Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy  (Read 6749 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #15 on: August 16, 2012, 08:32 AM »

They are all coming out of the woodwork lol  I've been searching loads of stat sites but nothing that compares players by country. grr
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #16 on: August 16, 2012, 08:57 AM »

But yes generally, Murray's record against the Frenchies is pretty tight.

I just thought the statistic posted earlier was too good to be true.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #17 on: August 16, 2012, 09:03 AM »

Good evening Bev. I see Andy and Chardy are the same age, almost same height and turned pro the same year, but the similarity ends there.

I think this should be a good match for both players, Andy will be able to hone his skills without facing a massive challenge (he wont ease off the gas and get caught napping though) and for Chardy it must be great experience to play one of the top 4. 

Catch you later!
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #18 on: August 16, 2012, 09:07 AM »

But yes generally, Murray's record against the Frenchies is pretty tight.

I just thought the statistic posted earlier was too good to be true.

lol  Maybe it's in slams I was thinking about old   Pity he's not a left handed Frenchie - now I can get stats on lefties! cmon yeah

Good evening Bev. I see Andy and Chardy are the same age, almost same height and turned pro the same year, but the similarity ends there.

I think this should be a good match for both players, Andy will be able to hone his skills without facing a massive challenge (he wont ease off the gas and get caught napping though) and for Chardy it must be great experience to play one of the top 4.  

Catch you later!

Evening Linda.  I think it's another match that, during which, I'll be getting ready for work Rolling Eyes  Hopefully no footy match to cut my coverage short.
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #19 on: August 16, 2012, 09:20 AM »

Quietly optimistic about this one. Think Chardy won against Tsonga because Tsonga was still knackered.
Will try to record it, but away from my Sky+ this week, so can only record by remote. Good hunting Mr M, may another victim fall beneath your racket...!!!
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #20 on: August 16, 2012, 09:37 AM »

Go Andy, did anyone see the interview on BBC news this morning with Judy Murray really nice, said how proud she is.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #21 on: August 16, 2012, 10:04 AM »

Go Andy, did anyone see the interview on BBC news this morning with Judy Murray really nice, said how proud she is.

I did, Deb, and I thought she came over really well, especially when they threw her the low ball about football which she wouldn't have been prepared for.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #22 on: August 16, 2012, 12:39 PM »

Hi All,

I'm daring to be quietly optimistic about Andy against Chardy. As long as Andy doesn't get passive (I don't think he will) I don't think he'll have too many problems. cmon yeah
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #23 on: August 16, 2012, 01:03 PM »

How did we forget about Mahut? I think I've subconsciously tried to remove that one from memory.

What would be interesting would be a matches won/lost vs French players stat. When I'm next bored out of my mind, staring at my tv waiting for hollyoaks to finish and wondering when I can move back to Bristol, I think I'll have a look through Andy's playing history, like the sad sack I am, and find it out. lol Really curious now.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #24 on: August 16, 2012, 01:04 PM »

I did, Deb, and I thought she came over really well, especially when they threw her the low ball about football which she wouldn't have been prepared for.
Yes she did Alis, I think she's great, she often has a lot of horrible things said about how she's a pushy mother etc.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #25 on: August 16, 2012, 01:29 PM »

I'm daring to be quietly optimistic about Andy against Chardy

Woah. Really living life on the edge  Very Happy You could make a fortune at the bookies!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #26 on: August 16, 2012, 01:44 PM »

Just posted the interview on Andy at Olympics thread, but here it is anyway http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00xg787
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #27 on: August 16, 2012, 01:57 PM »

Not sure that Chardy's win over JWT last week meant much as the latter would have been jet lagged and recovering from Olympics where he played dubs the final weekend. 
"I didn't have enough energy to move well," Tsonga, the third seed, admitted after being upset by Chardy. "I mean, I played 287 games last week (then) I took the plane (to Toronto). There is a jet lag and that's it. I mean, it's not enough (time) to recover."

Tsonga's math was off a little bit, although he laughingly blamed someone else in his camp for the addition. He sold himself short by four games.

"That's why I said 287, because I didn't count it," he said with a laugh. "So I don't know. Maybe it's 50 only."

All told, Tsonga played 291 games in London, including a whopping 69 in an epic second-round win over Canadian star Milos Raonic. Throw in a 53-game match in doubles -- he and partner Michael Llodra beat Spain's David Ferrer and Feliciano Lopez in the Olympic semifinals

http://m.torontosun.com/2012/08/08/tsonga-runs-out-of-gas-at-rogers-cup
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #28 on: August 16, 2012, 01:59 PM »

Woah. Really living life on the edge  Very Happy You could make a fortune at the bookies!

Ah well, I'd look stupid if I said he was definitely going to win wouldn't I?

I'm a woman, I'm supposed to be good at understatement lol.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #29 on: August 16, 2012, 02:54 PM »

Just posted the interview on Andy at Olympics thread, but here it is anyway http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00xg787

Thanks Elena.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »