Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Grigor Dimitrov, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy

(Read 9298 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #330 on: August 16, 2012, 08:17 PM »

Andy's played this poorly in Slams before. It's just that in Slams it's best of five and psychologically that weights on both players minds. Keeping it up over 2 sets is one thing, but over three sets nigh on impossible and Andy will eventually play himself into it.

Every player plays their best in Slams. If this match were to happen at USO, you can almost guarantee that Andy would have won in straight.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #331 on: August 16, 2012, 08:17 PM »

Someone else is welcome to the ugly trophy sorry
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #332 on: August 16, 2012, 08:18 PM »

Well,everyone knows how much he HATES losing-and this will really rankle after his recent brilliance...let's just hope he can come back from it as positively as he did Wimbledon!I know it's not the same thing exactly,but he could've let it ruin his Olympic chances,and thank god he didn't.Let's just keep our fingers crossed he can keep his head and be positive about the US Open.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #333 on: August 16, 2012, 08:19 PM »

Well he was always going to have a come down after the Olympics ,  still think he will win the USO , everything happens for a reason., and ranking points well surely he will stay number 3 Nadal will dump loads of points now. Shrug
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #334 on: August 16, 2012, 08:19 PM »

Watched the last few games of this.  Really don't know what to make of it but very disappointing result.  Can't help feeling this is the result of coming off the Olympic high.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #335 on: August 16, 2012, 08:19 PM »

Oh well, it's better he puts in a performance like this now rather than in a slam. Nothing was working for him today - perhaps his knee was still bothering him as his serving was awful.

Shame though, it would've been good to have another Delpo-Andy match after 3 years.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #336 on: August 16, 2012, 08:19 PM »

How is it his "least concern"? Being seeded in the top four is extremely beneficial.

He'll be seeded 3 at the USO regardless of this performance today. Even if not, let's say for arguments' sake, Andy still knows what's at stake here and he knows fully well that he'll be able to beat anyone no matter where he ranks right now. But that dramatic change won’t happen at the USO.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #337 on: August 16, 2012, 08:20 PM »

Right I am going to do my usual positive post and probably get pelters for it, but come on bad day at the office, he has a knee niggle, it is a week and a bit before the USO, he has time to sort things out.  The guy has had no time to get over the euphoria of the Olympics, he must be mentally a bit drained, before he has gone to the USO completely knackered, at least he is going to get some practice time with Ivan Lendl.  The slams are what are important to Murray.

This is ridiculous, Andy has given us the best summer of tennis ever, he is allowed a little lapse less than 2 weeks after his heroics in London, write him off at your peril, many did after the loss to Mahut, look what happened then.  Just to clarify I do not wear Murray tinted specs am just being objective!!!  Roll on the USO when Andy Murray, Olympic Champion will be there.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #338 on: August 16, 2012, 08:20 PM »

Someone else is welcome to the ugly trophy sorry
 roflmao
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #339 on: August 16, 2012, 08:20 PM »

So disappointed for Andy and for us. Just hope it doesnt take away all the confidence he gained by winning the gold.

Just gutted.  I was more worried about Querrey than Chardy.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #340 on: August 16, 2012, 08:20 PM »

Oh, to be an Andy Murray fan! Very Happy

I've heard this is the place to be.

IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #341 on: August 16, 2012, 08:20 PM »

Watched the last few games of this.  Really don't know what to make of it but very disappointing result.  Can't help feeling this is the result of coming off the Olympic high.
if it is,at least he came down now,as incredibly disappointing as it was,rather than in the USO!
But actually Nadal doesn't automatically lose enough points for Andy to be safe Frown
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #342 on: August 16, 2012, 08:21 PM »

::
Right I am going to do my usual positive post and probably get pelters for it, but come on bad day at the office, he has a knee niggle, it is a week and a bit before the USO, he has time to sort things out.  The guy has had no time to get over the euphoria of the Olympics, he must be mentally a bit drained, before he has gone to the USO completely knackered, at least he is going to get some practice time with Ivan Lendl.  The slams are what are important to Murray.

This is ridiculous, Andy has given us the best summer of tennis ever, he is allowed a little lapse less than 2 weeks after his heroics in London, write him off at your peril, many did after the loss to Mahut, look what happened then.  Just to clarify I do not wear Murray tinted specs am just being objective!!!  Roll on the USO when Andy Murray, Olympic Champion will be there.
. Good posting!
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #343 on: August 16, 2012, 08:22 PM »

Right I am going to do my usual positive post and probably get pelters for it, but come on bad day at the office, he has a knee niggle, it is a week and a bit before the USO, he has time to sort things out.  The guy has had no time to get over the euphoria of the Olympics, he must be mentally a bit drained, before he has gone to the USO completely knackered, at least he is going to get some practice time with Ivan Lendl.  The slams are what are important to Murray.

This is ridiculous, Andy has given us the best summer of tennis ever, he is allowed a little lapse less than 2 weeks after his heroics in London, write him off at your peril, many did after the loss to Mahut, look what happened then.  Just to clarify I do not wear Murray tinted specs am just being objective!!!  Roll on the USO when Andy Murray, Olympic Champion will be there.

I don't think anyone is writing him off - it was just a ridiculous performance and he now has no more competitive matches before the USO. 
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #344 on: August 16, 2012, 08:23 PM »

Well something just didn't look right with Andy today I felt.  He was so flat, not even fired up when he did make some great shots.  Comms saying he wasn't pushing up enough with his serve which does suggest a possible physical problem.  Plus not used to the heat, not having had usual prep in Miami.  And perhaps today is the day he finally came down from his Olympic high.   
Petchey said a minor concern that not enough match practice on hard before uso but on other hand extra rest may be no bad thing after the olympics.  I don't think we should get too downhearted. These things happen.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »