Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy

(Read 9662 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #345 on: August 16, 2012, 08:23 PM »

His game was so off, think something was up and hope it was just the bloody heat. He looked awful hot and isn't used to playing in it.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #346 on: August 16, 2012, 08:24 PM »

Bad match. Lost points as defending Champ. I cannot believe what I've just witnessed.

This will do nothing for his mood and spirits going into the USO and now just watch the critics and hecklers come out.

Open day for the Murray haters.  
Gotta go now I am gutted.

For sure but this loss is not bad at all if you think about the big picture. If Andy does well at the USO, everyone will forget about it. Same thing happened pre-Wimbledon and Olympics. Same judges with same attitude. Some things never change.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #347 on: August 16, 2012, 08:25 PM »

EJ is correct.... players have plans and I have been to Cincy 4 times to see Sampras play and of those 4 times he won once, and in reading one of his books, he noted that Cincy (paraphrasing) eventhough is was a great tournament, it was just one of the warm-ups leading to the US Open.

Oh well, Chardy wins  :crying:It just was not Andy's day.

Aces 4 to 10 Andy
DF  3 to 1 Andy
1st serve % 57% to 55% Andy
1st Serve Pts won 71% to 64% Andy
2nd Serve Pts won 45% to 47% Andy
Break Pts Saves 71% to 50% Andy
Return
1st Ret. Pts Wond 36% to 29%
2nd Ret Pts Won 53% to 55% Andy
Break Points Won 50% to 29% Andy
Total Return Points won 44% to 40%
Total Points won 52% to 48%
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #348 on: August 16, 2012, 08:27 PM »

For sure but this loss is not bad at all if you think about the big picture. If Andy does well at the USO, everyone will forget about it. Same thing happened pre-Wimbledon and Olympics. Same judges with same attitude. Some things never change.

He has to actually do well at the US Open first though.

I don't see how you can say that this loss is not bad at all. He just lost to a lucky loser as the defending champion in a hardcourt Masters event. It's crap. I'm sure he'll do well at the USO, but for now this is a bull**** result.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #349 on: August 16, 2012, 08:28 PM »

oh another bloody jeremiah - are you tring to outboogers boogers Joe?  I'm sure you'll love his match report
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #350 on: August 16, 2012, 08:30 PM »

oh another bloody jeremiah - are you tring to outboogers boogers Joe?  I'm sure you'll love his match report

Not at all, I just don't see why we can't say that it was a crap performance and pretend instead that he meant it all along.
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #351 on: August 16, 2012, 08:30 PM »

Extremely frustrated. It was not Chardy's brilliance in the 2nd set but Andy's lack of ...? Everything we hoped for didn't work: no first serve, no precision, no aggression, no luck. Don't want the Olympic and Cincy champion to go out like this. It hurts. And on top of it he loses so many valuable points.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #352 on: August 16, 2012, 08:32 PM »

We can only say that if he actually wins the Open i think.
And if hes not feeling it its not quite the same as going in there and tanking.

But we don't know the truth, right? You can say, he's not feeling well, I can say it's a strategic loss. I hinted in fact just yesterday prior to Querrey match because I had a feeling Andy wasn't going to go too far here. But it's not important at all why he'd lost the match today. What’s more important is that, this is going to significantly lower the pressure and the expectations and Andy really needs it, because the ultimate goal hasn't been achieved yet and Andy badly needs to stay focused on that. I am basically telling the true fans here not to panic. As I said, this will be forgotten soon once Andy starts delivering again which is only a matter of time.
[ Last edit by Emma Jean August 16, 2012, 08:39 PM ] IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #353 on: August 16, 2012, 08:32 PM »

I don't see how you can say that this loss is not bad at all. He just lost to a lucky loser as the defending champion in a hardcourt Masters event. It's crap. I'm sure he'll do well at the USO, but for now this is a bullsh*t result.

Absolutely Joe. And if you actually look at the Race To London points, Andy is miles behind the top 3.

This is a bad, bad result for Andy in several ways. He's just lost a ton of points and he's only had 3 hard court matches going into the US Open. And what will a result like this do to his confidence?
[ Last edit by BigNose August 16, 2012, 08:36 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #354 on: August 16, 2012, 08:33 PM »

Not at all, I just don't see why we can't say that it was a crap performance and pretend instead that he meant it all along.
No I don't believe he meant it and yes of course it was a poor performance but you write as if it was somehow intentional. Given how well he's been playing recently don't you think there might be a reason for such a poor performance. And after his recent brilliance can't we cut him abit of slack ie acknowledge it was disappointing but not go on the attack against him immediately he falters?

And as EJ says one possible silver lining is that it reduces the expectations as he goes into USO [as well as allowing his body a rest it probably really needs].  That said of course it's far from ideal he goes into uso with so few matches under his belt but then the same was true of wimbledon and look what happened there.  Are there any exhbition matches he might play?
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #355 on: August 16, 2012, 08:35 PM »

What’s more important is that, this is going to significantly lower the pressure and the expectations and Andy really needs it, because the ultimate goal hasn't been achieved yet and Andy badly needs to stay focus on that.

First sensible thing you've posted today Emma. I doubt many people will give Andy a hope in hell of winning the USO after watching that.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #356 on: August 16, 2012, 08:37 PM »

I don't see how you can say that this loss is not bad at all. He just lost to a lucky loser as the defending champion in a hardcourt Masters event. It's crap. I'm sure he'll do well at the USO, but for now this is a bullsh*t result.

For me a loss is really and truly bad when, let's say, he loses to Berdych or Raonic or Wawrinka or Isner etc. because they are the real threats in Slams and not the likes of Chardys. This is loss is only bad because it's not going to look good on Andy and everyone's pretty much going to deduct that Andy's performance has significantly dropped as it’s easier to think that, but that's really not the reality here. I really think we should have a bit more faith in Andy and see how he does at the USO.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #357 on: August 16, 2012, 08:38 PM »

No I don't believe he meant it and yes of course it was a poor performance but you write as if it was somehow intentional. Given how well he's been playing recently don't you think there might be a reason for such a poor performance. And after his recent brilliance can't we cut him abit of slack ie acknowledge it was disappointing but not go on the attack against him immediately he falters?

And as EJ says one possible silver lining is that it reduces the expectations as he goes into USO [as well as allowing his body a rest it probably really needs].  That said of course it's far from ideal he goes into uso with so few matches under his belt but then the same was true of wimbledon and look what happened there.  Are there any exhbition matches he might play?

I haven't attacked him, I just said that it was a crap performance and an embarassing loss. I didn't call him a Scottish twat or tell him to **** off back to his Celtic tenement.

I don't recall him ever playing an exhibition before the USO in the past - not sure that one even exists.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #358 on: August 16, 2012, 08:38 PM »

I did watch the whole match and first 5 games Murray was cruising felt fine...missed a few BPs in next game and then allowed Chardy to dominate all the rallies from then on.
The serve was AWFUL!! Getting broken 3 times in a row is not good enough.

Im glad Andy did this today and not in NY although would have loved him to play Potro. I think it will bring him his fans and the media back down to earth. We have to remember that grass and hardcourts are very different.... as is Andy's serving on both surfaces. Andy serves great on grass and indoors.....on HC his serve is desperately inconsistant.

IDk what this means for USO im not at all panicked, I think Andy has gone from a Bo3 specilalist to a plyer who suits B05 far better because of his physicality, his mental strength, and his notorious knack of starting slow. No way Andy would have lost to Chardy in a GS.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #359 on: August 16, 2012, 08:39 PM »

First sensible thing you've posted today Emma. I doubt many people will give Andy a hope in hell of winning the USO after watching that.

I always say very sensible things (unless I am joking) but a lot of them are beyond you, unfortunately but I don't typically hold it against you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »