Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy

(Read 8920 times)
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #360 on: August 16, 2012, 08:39 PM »

And as EJ says one possible silver lining is that it reduces the expectations as he goes into USO [as well as allowing his body a rest it probably really needs]. 

Absolutely. He's played about 2 tournaments in 3 months now. He could probably do with another 2 months holiday to get in some serious resting. Unfortunately the USO starts in a couple of weeks though so he's going to have to dig deep.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #361 on: August 16, 2012, 08:41 PM »

EJ is correct.... players have plans and I have been to Cincy 4 times to see Sampras play and of those 4 times he won once, and in reading one of his books, he noted that Cincy (paraphrasing) eventhough is was a great tournament, it was just one of the warm-ups leading to the US Open.

Oh well, Chardy wins  :crying:It just was not Andy's day.

Aces 4 to 10 Andy
DF  3 to 1 Andy
1st serve % 57% to 55% Andy
1st Serve Pts won 71% to 64% Andy
2nd Serve Pts won 45% to 47% Andy
Break Pts Saves 71% to 50% Andy
Return
1st Ret. Pts Wond 36% to 29%
2nd Ret Pts Won 53% to 55% Andy
Break Points Won 50% to 29% Andy
Total Return Points won 44% to 40%
Total Points won 52% to 48%

And guess what happened to Canadian Open (Now Rogers')? Sampras wouldn't even show up.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #362 on: August 16, 2012, 08:44 PM »

Keep in mind, Andy lost 3 exo matches in a row (lost in Queens as well) only to make the Wimbledon final and win Olympics right after. Come on, people. Let's focus on the USO. Keep things on the positive side. That’s more important. 
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #363 on: August 16, 2012, 08:46 PM »

I did watch the whole match and first 5 games Murray was cruising felt fine...missed a few BPs in next game and then allowed Chardy to dominate all the rallies from then on.
The serve was AWFUL!! Getting broken 3 times in a row is not good enough.

Im glad Andy did this today and not in NY although would have loved him to play Potro. I think it will bring him his fans and the media back down to earth. We have to remember that grass and hardcourts are very different.... as is Andy's serving on both surfaces. Andy serves great on grass and indoors.....on HC his serve is desperately inconsistant.

IDk what this means for USO im not at all panicked, I think Andy has gone from a Bo3 specilalist to a plyer who suits B05 far better because of his physicality, his mental strength, and his notorious knack of starting slow. No way Andy would have lost to Chardy in a GS.

Yes, it seemed that he was going to pull away at will after those first few games, but he instead went downhill. Strange.

I doubt this will have much bearing on his chances at the USO, but as a standalone result, it's very poor. As I think Petchey said before the match, all the big players want to build up an aura so that the lesser lights are half-beaten just by being in their presence. Losing to Jeremy Chardy is not the way to go about this and that's why I believe Murray did and will care about this loss. If it gives him a bit of a kick up the arse then all the better.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #364 on: August 16, 2012, 08:46 PM »

Absolutely. He's played about 2 tournaments in 3 months now. He could probably do with another 2 months holiday to get in some serious resting. Unfortunately the USO starts in a couple of weeks though so he's going to have to dig deep.

Bit snide there I think,but bias will out.
The question to me is whether Andy just had a bad day at the office or if he once again finds it difficult to cope with raw power?He will get himself together though and I think that those who forecast (or hope) for a poor USO will be disappointed.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #365 on: August 16, 2012, 08:49 PM »

WHAT THE HELL  Frown
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #366 on: August 16, 2012, 08:49 PM »

A disappointing match but that's all it is - absolutely no need to push the panic button.  Andy looked flat from the beginning.  Maybe it was reaction, maybe he's under the weather or maybe he just got out of the wrong side of the bed.  Whatever it is, he doesn't become a bad player overnight.  Perhaps Emma's right and it was a strategic loss - would you want to play Delpo, Djoko and Fed in successive days in those conditions?  Certainly now he has time to rest and get ready for the USO.     
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #367 on: August 16, 2012, 08:55 PM »

..all the big players want to build up an aura so that the lesser lights are half-beaten just by being in their presence. Losing to Jeremy Chardy is not the way to go about this and that's why I believe Murray did and will care about this loss. If it gives him a bit of a kick up the arse then all the better.
I also believe Andy cares very much about this loss. He was completely disgusted with himself.
It all went belly-up when the stupid music stared blaring next door at 3-3 in 1st I think.
I'm not blaming the music.. all players have to deal with it. I just remember thinking at the time ..ooh that's really going to bug Andy. From thereonin it was all downhill.
Maybe I'm wrong and maybe I'm right. Who cares.. I would hope he would be able by now to deal with extraoneous events.
I wonder what the outcome would have been if Mr L had been here.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #368 on: August 16, 2012, 08:55 PM »

Perhaps Emma's right and it was a strategic loss - would you want to play Delpo, Djoko and Fed in successive days in those conditions?     

ROFLOL. He's a professional tennis player with a 1000 points to defend. I can't believe some of the stuff I read on this website.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #369 on: August 16, 2012, 08:57 PM »

WHAT THE HELL.
IP Logged
hugoagogo69
Satellite Level

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #370 on: August 16, 2012, 08:58 PM »

Oh well. Not a very good performance at all. But he came up against an inspired Chardy, poor atmosphere (bit of a come down from the olympics, obviously)
Will just put this down to a bit of a hangover. Will be diffferent in the 5 setters at flushing meadows. No doubt the Andy doom merchants will come crawling back out of their rocks, but this will give him a bit more rest & prep for the big one.
Wasn't good having my head in my hands again though!!
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #371 on: August 16, 2012, 09:01 PM »

A disappointing match but that's all it is - absolutely no need to push the panic button.  Andy looked flat from the beginning.  Maybe it was reaction, maybe he's under the weather or maybe he just got out of the wrong side of the bed.  Whatever it is, he doesn't become a bad player overnight.  Perhaps Emma's right and it was a strategic loss - would you want to play Delpo, Djoko and Fed in successive days in those conditions?  Certainly now he has time to rest and get ready for the USO.     

Totally agree, absolutely no need to panic, if it is the knee then his team will ave time to work on it, if it is the "hangover" from the London Euphoria then again his team will pick hi. Up and dust him down.  Masters tournaments do not make Champions, Grand Slams make champions and that is what people remember. For sure it is dissapointing but it is not the end of the world.  Andy gave us the best summer ever, he may well yet give us the best Autumn ever.  Trust him folks.

Emma Jean, loving your posts tonight and agree with the points you are making.  Andy will come good and make the end of year finals.  Ranking points are probably the last thing that he is looking at just now.

The guy is damned if he does and damned if he don't - a while ago when Andy was winning masters and smaller tourneys everyone said "it's the slams he needs to concentrate on" so he does this to the detriment of the smaller tourneys and suddenly we are in the depths of depression.  Andy hates getting beat, providing he is physically fit, this will fire him up.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #372 on: August 16, 2012, 09:03 PM »

Oh please.  Muzz doesn't care about getting to number 3.  He cares about winning a slam!! 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #373 on: August 16, 2012, 09:04 PM »

^ MM I'm just worried he's not 100% and just hoping it was the heat what did it.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #374 on: August 16, 2012, 09:06 PM »

I don't think anyone is writing him off - it was just a ridiculous performance and he now has no more competitive matches before the USO. 
But Joe what about Queens and look how well he did at Wimbeldon, then after that hard loss went on 4 weeks later and won Gold and silver Medals.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 ... 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »