Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy

(Read 8679 times)
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #375 on: August 16, 2012, 09:07 PM »

^ MM I'm just worried he's not 100% and just hoping it was the heat what did it.

Me too, wasn't pushing up on the serve, but at least he can have some time to sort out any jiggles, let's hope it was the heat and just the Olympic hangover!! 
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #376 on: August 16, 2012, 09:11 PM »

But Joe what about Queens and look how well he did at Wimbeldon, then after that hard loss went on 4 weeks later and won Gold and silver Medals.

Indeed, but it's not guaranteed to happen every time.

I'm very relaxed about this, but it was a bad loss.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #377 on: August 16, 2012, 09:11 PM »

Hi All,

As I said in the news thread, this isn't remotely relevant to the USO. It is clear to me that whilst another Masters win would be nice, it is the majors where Andy focuses his best play, and he should too.

Chardy played well, but he also got very lucky at times, simple as that.

Andy's detractors are bound to stick the boot in. Good for them. I really am past caring now, and I mean that. Andy is an outstanding, brilliant tennis player. One bad day doesn't change that.

Andy won't like the result today, no one likes losing, but I'm sure he won't let it ruin all the good stuff he has done this summer.

The match felt very much like the Mahut match at Queen's. Andy just couldn't get it going and get fired up that day either, it happens. Andy went on from Queen's to have his best Wimbledon ever, so I'm not worried in the least.

I feel sure that a couple of days off before he starts his USO preparations will do him the power of good. The fact is that Andy will, to my mind, be there in that second week and well in the running. Will Chardy? I know what I think.

Onwards and upwards Champ.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #378 on: August 16, 2012, 09:13 PM »

Hi All,

As I said in the news thread, this isn't remotely relevant to the USO. It is clear to me that whilst another Masters win would be nice, it is the majors where Andy focuses his best play, and he should too.

Andy's detractors are bound to stick the boot in. Good for them. I really am past caring now, and I mean that. Andy is an outstanding, brilliant tennis player. One bad day doesn't change that.

Andy won't like the result today, no one likes losing, but I'm sure he won't let it ruin all the good stuff he has done this summer.

The match felt very much like the Mahut match at Queen's. Andy just couldn't get it going and get fired up that day either, it happens. Andy went on from Queen's to have his best Wimbledon ever, so I'm not worried in the least.

I feel sure that a couple of days off before he starts his USO preparations will do him the power of good. The fact is that Andy will, to my mind, be there in that second week and well in the running. Will Chardy? I know what I think.

. clap clap
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #379 on: August 16, 2012, 09:15 PM »

The thing is if Andy is injured there usually isn't any doubt about it. Actually one thing that was interesting was Andy didn't clutch any body parts when he lost a point. Not once. I don't know if we can read anything into that. Did it mean he didn't care?

He was also twirling his racket a few times while walking back to the service line. Ive never seen him do that. Again an indication he didn't care?

And his serving. I mean it was a joke in the 2nd set. And he just didn't seem all that bothered.

If he really didn't care then he's an odd sort of tennis player thats all I can say. Especially since he played only one game in Canada.

Maybe its not he didn't care but just he was resigned to defeat. Chardy was blasting his weak ground strokes all over the place.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #380 on: August 16, 2012, 09:18 PM »

Someone else is welcome to the ugly trophy sorry

I couldn't agree more lol. It's a ghastly vase, it would look revolting next to that beautiful gold medal.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #381 on: August 16, 2012, 09:25 PM »

Hey    I didn't watch the match, but reading the comments he didn't play that well.    Listen here my friends  Andy Murray is the Olympic champion!!!   REMEMBER.
 I'm sure he would rather look at his gold medal than that ugly plant pot thingy.  This is not my fav part of the year tbh.  too many upsets.  Andy is very tired,  its obvious.  He needs a break.  This match is completely irrelevant to the US Open.  Remember the Mahut match  and look at what happened after it.    Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. He just needs to get used to the conditions more.  The grass court season was very long and hard.  he needs to get used to the HC.  I am not worrying,  and of course he will make the WTF. 
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #382 on: August 16, 2012, 09:34 PM »

First sensible thing you've posted today Emma. I doubt many people will give Andy a hope in hell of winning the USO after watching that.
I remember how some people wrote him off after queens I got fed up with reading pathetic  useless terrible, look what happened, for me I believe Andy will win a slam he has 16 chances before the next olympics , and I think it will be much sooner than we think. Winning Gold and silver in his own country 4 weeks after lossing Wimbeldon , and in the manner that he did, does not make a masters loss a worry at all.
IP Logged
Rachie
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #383 on: August 16, 2012, 09:36 PM »

Hi All,

True story Very Happy
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #384 on: August 16, 2012, 09:44 PM »

The thing is if Andy is injured there usually isn't any doubt about it. Actually one thing that was interesting was Andy didn't clutch any body parts when he lost a point. Not once. I don't know if we can read anything into that. Did it mean he didn't care?

He was also twirling his racket a few times while walking back to the service line. Ive never seen him do that. Again an indication he didn't care?

And his serving. I mean it was a joke in the 2nd set. And he just didn't seem all that bothered.

If he really didn't care then he's an odd sort of tennis player thats all I can say. Especially since he played only one game in Canada.

Maybe its not he didn't care but just he was resigned to defeat. Chardy was blasting his weak ground strokes all over the place.

I don't know about the other stuff,and I agree his serves were nowhere near what he's capable of,but I would disagree with the "not bothered" part- at times I thought he looked pretty disgusted with how he was playing!I know he wasn't yelling out in agony or stuff,but I don't think he didn't care!
Let's just hope this does him good,rather than harm.He is a player that cares a great deal,and is capable of incredible,unbelievable tennis,as everyone has now seen thanks to the olympics (even if the smugfed fans deny it)-hopefully this will simply spur him on to show that again in the USO.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #385 on: August 16, 2012, 09:47 PM »

Someone else can win the Medusa Vase this time

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #386 on: August 16, 2012, 09:50 PM »

Yes I don't agree that he simply didn't care.  There were times when he was clearly angry with himself.  But for whatever reason he couldn't get fired up. Someone made an interesting point on the match report thread that his box were very subdued also.  So it does suggest that for whatever reason Andy went into the match knowing he wasn't 100 per cent.  As Bignose pointed out [and I've done on the match report thread] he wasn't clutching any body parts.  I interpret that differently though ie that it wasn't a specific physical injury which was the problem but more how he was feeling generally.  Perhaps he simply wasn't feeling very well?  Let's hope if that's the case it's some minor thing which will blow over quickly.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #387 on: August 16, 2012, 09:51 PM »

Hey    I didn't watch the match, but reading the comments he didn't play that well.    Listen here my friends  Andy Murray is the Olympic champion!!!   REMEMBER.
 I'm sure he would rather look at his gold medal than that ugly plant pot thingy.  This is not my fav part of the year tbh.  too many upsets.  Andy is very tired,  its obvious.  He needs a break.  This match is completely irrelevant to the US Open.  Remember the Mahut match  and look at what happened after it.    Maybe this will be a blessing in disguise. He just needs to get used to the conditions more.  The grass court season was very long and hard.  he needs to get used to the HC.  I am not worrying,  and of course he will make the WTF.  
Well said, John, he will go of to NewYork and get used to the courts before the others Haha, like he won't make the WTF please!!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #388 on: August 16, 2012, 09:55 PM »

Yes he has said he'll probably go straight to NY and start work there in his press conference - have posted transcript on match report thread
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #389 on: August 16, 2012, 09:57 PM »

Tsonga's out, Ferrer's out - many others are playing badly. Give the lad a break. He couldn't keep up that pace for ever. Hope he will be fine for the US Open, but he is still operating under great pressure.  Let's not forget he is still the Murray we know and love.

This one is over - lets move on and not analyse it too much.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »