Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] Go Down Reply
Author

Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy

(Read 9600 times)
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #435 on: August 17, 2012, 05:41 PM »

But Andy already has more than 4000 points this year in the race listings.  The other three seemed to qualify when they passed the 6000 mark confused

And EJ I can understand your position but I take the view if we let the negative posts go unchallenged then visitors to the site [of whom they are many] might think that people agree with them.  I don't want to be complicit in some of the negativity spouted about Andy.  I'm not talking about trolling, which I agree is best ignored once it's clear that's what it is.   

I am not against the fight at all as you can see that I myself was engaged in one with a couple of them just yesterday, but since some have pretty much the same negative things to contribute, it’s probably best to let it slide most times. Other times, it’s worth taking a shot at it.  That’s all I am saying.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #436 on: August 17, 2012, 05:58 PM »

Andy's first match at the Open will reveal a lot. I think there's a slight danger given his recent Olympics win (not to mention, his Wimbledon final which was another huge deal) and how it has, let’s say, compromised his chances at the Open. Not because it can in really it but it can when you are Andy and you need time to get your focus back. That’s mainly because Andy didn’t get a decent chance to properly celebrate his win and because he might just still be a bit overwhelmed, he may find it a bit hard to get his full focus back so soon and get himself highly motivated for the US Open. It all really remains to be seen but on the bright side, there’s always next year. He has a lot to be proud of this year and next year, he might just take it to whole another level. This USO though looks very promising for Andy and it’s yet another golden opportunity for him and I really, really wish he be wise and uses it all up as if there’s no tomorrow. 
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #437 on: August 17, 2012, 09:22 PM »

LOL 'ing at people saying that Andy will drop out of the top 8. BWHAHAHAHA.  He will stay at number 4 or even reach number 3 by the end of this year!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #438 on: August 17, 2012, 10:57 PM »

LOL 'ing at people saying that Andy will drop out of the top 8. BWHAHAHAHA.  He will stay at number 4 or even reach number 3 by the end of this year!
Who has said he'll fall out of the top 8? I only recall Boogers saying it's a possibility (although a very unlikely one, in 2012 at least).

Fact is, he could realistically finish anywhere between 3 and 5. With 4650 points already I can't see more than one other player (besides the three above him) exceeding 5000 points (which will be Ferrer).
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #439 on: August 18, 2012, 07:14 PM »

Thanks for the explanation re WTF Philip - I now understand - finally! -and that explains why there is nothing on the website giving a cut off point.  Let's hope Andy soon gets to the point where noone could overtake him either despite all the doom and gloom about him possibly tumbling down the rankings  pray
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #440 on: August 18, 2012, 07:37 PM »

Well Ruthie, the easiest way is for Andy to win the USO. That way he will guarantee direct entry into the WTF as well as maintaining his #4 ranking lol
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #441 on: August 18, 2012, 09:52 PM »

Love that 'easiest' Philip  w00t
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Cincinnati R3 : Murray v Chardy « Reply #442 on: August 19, 2012, 07:35 AM »

"easiest thing" lol
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 [30] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »