Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Consecutive Slam Semi-Finals 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Reply
Author

Consecutive Slam Semi-Finals

(Read 3606 times)
Philip
Seed

Re: Consecutive Slam Semi-Finals « Reply #60 on: February 12, 2012, 11:42 PM »

Nice Emma.  The pictures clearly show that due to the slower courts and the advance in racket technology for better control/power, it becomes more difficult to win at the net and hence people stay most of the time at the baseline than risk going in and get passed or lobbed.
This in a way is good otherwise people like Karlovic / Isner with big serves will be even more difficult to break (serve).
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Consecutive Slam Semi-Finals « Reply #61 on: February 13, 2012, 12:34 AM »

Isner, though a big server, is actually a far better player than Karlovic. Karlovic is just plain dumb. Isner, I don't think he has any specific plans going into a match, but he can improvise when pushed and I like that about his game. Plus, he has a bit more variety in his game than one would think.

I always giggle when I see some certain players are on the verge of coming in then suddenly decide against it. It's hilarious! Andy is not afraid to stay back but he too a lot of the times prefers to stay back.

I agree. You’d never want to risk it against players like Andy and Nole. The match against Llodra is a prime example though fine tennis but useless against a baseliner like Andy.  Not a day goes by do I want to see Pete against Andy. Did they ever even play an exo by any chance, Phillip?
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Consecutive Slam Semi-Finals « Reply #62 on: February 13, 2012, 02:10 PM »

Another thing about John Isner I forgot to mention. He plays and moves exceptionally well for a 6'9" tall guy. And also almost never injured which means he knows exactly how to execute his game properly without getting injured.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Consecutive Slam Semi-Finals « Reply #63 on: February 15, 2012, 02:26 AM »

Not a day goes by do I want to see Pete against Andy. Did they ever even play an exo by any chance, Philip?
I know I'm not Philip lol but to my knowledge those two have never played an expo.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Consecutive Slam Semi-Finals « Reply #64 on: February 15, 2012, 05:41 PM »

I know I'm not Philip lol but to my knowledge those two have never played an expo.

That's too bad. Even at this stage when I know Andy is extremely in form and Pete completely out of it, I'd still pay big bucks for it. Though I am sure I’d cry the whole time seeing two of my all time favourites playing each other. lol.

I really think this would make an awesome match up if they were both to hold up their end of the bargain. Better than Sampras/Agassi.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Consecutive Slam Semi-Finals « Reply #65 on: February 15, 2012, 08:24 PM »

Isner, though a big server, is actually a far better player than Karlovic. Karlovic is just plain dumb. Isner, I don't think he has any specific plans going into a match, but he can improvise when pushed and I like that about his game. Plus, he has a bit more variety in his game than one would think.

I always giggle when I see some certain players are on the verge of coming in then suddenly decide against it. It's hilarious! Andy is not afraid to stay back but he too a lot of the times prefers to stay back.

I agree. You’d never want to risk it against players like Andy and Nole. The match against Llodra is a prime example though fine tennis but useless against a baseliner like Andy.  Not a day goes by do I want to see Pete against Andy. Did they ever even play an exo by any chance, Phillip?

Pete and Andy have never played.....I would love to see them play, but uhhhh who would I root for....I love Pete, but I think I would be rooting for Andy.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Consecutive Slam Semi-Finals « Reply #66 on: February 15, 2012, 08:29 PM »

Pistol Peter would be firing blanks as Murray would,nt be in a hurry to make a mint.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Consecutive Slam Semi-Finals « Reply #67 on: February 16, 2012, 01:13 PM »

It's hard to say how Andy would fare against Pete. We haven't seen the best of Andy yet in a Grand Slam. Pete was a mental giant when it came to GSs. He used to thrive in big matches. Lost only 4 finals and 3 of them came either early or late in his career.

I think in a few years time we will have a much better picture of Andy. I’d probably support Andy given his struggle but otherwise it would probably be a toss up.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »