Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Could Andy be a fashion icon? 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Could Andy be a fashion icon?

(Read 8456 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Could Andy be a fashion icon? « on: October 20, 2011, 04:40 AM »

Now for a bit of light-hearted stuff!

I read in yesterday's Metro that Andy has been nominated for a Scottish Style Award - as Scotland's Most Stylish Male - based on his appearance at the recent Burberry Fashion Show in London.  The event will be held in Glasgow on 29 October.  Photo in case you need reminding what he looked like.

Do you think the smarter new-look Andy has what it takes to be a fashion icon?

[ Last edit by Aileen October 20, 2011, 05:04 AM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #1 on: October 20, 2011, 06:12 AM »

Aileen, laughed aloud at this notion! Please suggest other "Scottish male style icons" so I can make a serious appraisal....Wink
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #2 on: October 20, 2011, 08:08 AM »

But, yes, he certainly could be Scotland's next top model & come to think of it they're all doing it, one way or another - very tempting, I suppose  .....   C'mon, Andy!  tennis ... focus!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #3 on: October 20, 2011, 11:40 AM »

I like the jacket but I'm not that keen on the half-mast jeans!

There was though a great picture of Andy, suited and booted, on the front of the Scotland on Sunday's Spectrum last Sunday.  He did actually look as though he could be hailed as a fashion icon!!!!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #4 on: October 20, 2011, 01:55 PM »

Aileen, laughed aloud at this notion! Please suggest other "Scottish male style icons" so I can make a serious appraisal....Wink
Sir Sean Connery? Very Happy  BBH I nearly choked on a cup of coffee with mirth when I read this!

But, yes, he certainly could be Scotland's next top model & come to think of it they're all doing it, one way or another - very tempting, I suppose  .....   C'mon, Andy!  tennis ... focus!
Andy's tried this modelling stuff before - about a year ago (pics on MW somewhere) - but for me it just didn't work.  That, though, was before he got all his unruly curls chopped off ...  I've no objection to him doing this, if that's what he wants.  He needs some diversion from tennis occasionally.  At least he isn't doing a Nadal and modelling underpants! Whistle

I like the jacket but I'm not that keen on the half-mast jeans!

There was though a great picture of Andy, suited and booted, on the front of the Scotland on Sunday's Spectrum last Sunday.  He did actually look as though he could be hailed as a fashion icon!!!!
Jeans look as though they're about 6 ins too long for him.  Fortunately the pic in the Metro only showed his top half.  Don't read Scotland on Sunday, so missed that photo, but from what I remember of pics taken during last year's WTF the lad couldn't even tie his tie properly!

Wonder who nominated him? Think

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #5 on: October 20, 2011, 02:47 PM »

Now for a bit of light-hearted stuff!

I read in yesterday's Metro that Andy has been nominated for a Scottish Style Award - as Scotland's Most Stylish Male - based on his appearance at the recent Burberry Fashion Show in London.  The event will be held in Glasgow on 29 October.  Photo in case you need reminding what he looked like.

Do you think the smarter new-look Andy has what it takes to be a fashion icon?

Nasty!

What is it with those jeans? Looks like he has really short legs.

If I saw someone on the street wearing that, I'd probably think they were an idiot... I assume Andy got paid to wear this?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #6 on: October 20, 2011, 03:10 PM »

Nasty!

What is it with those jeans? Looks like he has really short legs.

If I saw someone on the street wearing that, I'd probably think they were an idiot... I assume Andy got paid to wear this?
Yes I agree the jeans make his body look out of proportion and the outfit looks like it's been thrown together - so not an idiot exactly, just somebody who isn't too sartorial savvy. Smile  However, working on the assumption that he was paid for wearing this gear, then he probably had no choice. 
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #7 on: October 20, 2011, 03:28 PM »

Jeans are far to long. Does he not know they come in different lengths. God I can get mine and they are just 27" inside leg. Wonder if he does his own shopping, surely Kim would keep him right. hug
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #8 on: October 20, 2011, 03:40 PM »

The clothes that he wore in the shoot last year were wonderful ,so are his .baggy jeans no jeans i don't give a rip he's just gorgeuos.he has wonderful bone struture I bet they chose the clothes for him anyway.
IP Logged
clementine
Satellite Level

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 04:28 PM »

Andy has all the credentials to be a super model.  He is 6ft 3in with a toned, muscular body, cheekbones to die for and the sexiest eyes ever.  He also happens to be a tennis genius so we're not likely to have the pleasure of seeing him strutting his stuff on too many catwalks.  Kim always looks fabulous, classically chic and elegant and it's no surprise that she's into Burberry.  I thought they both looked sensational, loved Kim's white coat.

The stylist obviously wanted attention drawn to Andy's trainers hence the low-slung jeans and smart reefer jacket.  This is cutting-edge fashion intended to push  perameters.  Andy is a very cool dude, with him less is definitely more.  Burberry's top honcho was sitting next to Andy and was clearly star struck.

Interestingly I was reading on the city page of the Daily Mail a few days ago that the only fashion house bucking the current economic downturn is Burberry -  it seems that China and Brazil simply can't get enough of their trench coats and trainers. 

Andy's magnificent month in Asia has not only earned him a stonking 1750 points and a no 3 world ranking, but from a PR perspective it will have done him no harm whatsoever.   yay
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 04:44 PM »

Andy has all the credentials to be a super model. 
He doesn't have the face, he just doesn't and that is the most important credential.

If it wasn't for the fact he's a sports star, you'd look at him on the street and think he's average looking. But guess what, it doesn't matter Very Happy
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #11 on: October 20, 2011, 05:03 PM »

He is not handsome in the classical way but he has something about him. Beautiful eyes and as previously said nice high cheekbones. Also he is very natural and I would I imagine easy to get on with.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #12 on: October 20, 2011, 06:18 PM »

These are the nominations for most stylish Scottish male:

Most Stylish Male

Adam Sinclair actor, lead in forthcoming screen version of Irvine Welsh’s Ectacsy

Andy Murray tennis sensation, fashion show fixture and Mario Testino muse

Daniel Davidson dancer, Scottish Ballet

Mark Hogarth creative director, Harris Tweed Hebrides

Omar Zingaro Bhatia artist and model

Still hunting the front page picture!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #13 on: October 20, 2011, 07:15 PM »

Hmm, so that's the list.... still appraising....not much success yet... Think
PS Who are the others?.....Wink
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Could Andy be a fashion icon? « Reply #14 on: October 20, 2011, 08:10 PM »

How about 'the young' Sean Connery BBH! Does he float your boat? :p
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »