Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 45 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB  (Read 13013 times)
notnek
Futures Level

Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « on: September 10, 2013, 10:14 PM »

This starts 9am on Friday (Eurosport). GB will move into the World Group with a win. Current nominated players:

Murray, Ward, Evans, Fleming
Dodig (35), Veic (205), Pavic (374), Coric (525)

Even on clay, it should be two comfortable victories for Andy and Dan may be able to get a win or two.
[ Last edit by notnek September 10, 2013, 10:45 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Top Seed

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 10:29 PM »

I'm not really clued up on Davis cup, can someone explain how it works?

Will Andy and Dan play on Friday and Sunday singles. And the doubles play one match on sat. Is thus correct.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 10:31 PM »

I'm not really clued up on Davis cup, can someone explain how it works?

Will Andy and Dan play on Friday and Sunday singles. And the doubles play one match on sat. Is thus correct.

Spot on. But the singles obviously alternate, so whoever Evans plays on Friday, Murray plays on Sunday, whoever Murray plays on Friday, Evans plays on Sunday. Of course the line-up is subject to change, so Ward could play the second singles match that Evans would have played, the same goes for Ward to Andy.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #3 on: September 10, 2013, 10:44 PM »

The draw for the matches is usually announced on the Thursday, the doubles and final singles matches can be changed nearer the time.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #4 on: September 11, 2013, 12:26 AM »

Has it been announced that Dan will play on Friday - and not Wardy?
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #5 on: September 11, 2013, 03:23 AM »

DavisCupRay will rise.
IP Logged
wildster

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #6 on: September 11, 2013, 12:11 PM »

Considering that Evans just beat 2 top players in Tomic and Nishikori it would be very strange not to pick him over Ward. Has Ward beaten any top 50 players this year?
[ Last edit by wildster September 11, 2013, 12:14 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #7 on: September 11, 2013, 07:20 PM »

I'm still hoping that Marray will play with Fleming so that Andy isn't expected to play 3 days running.  Then makes sense to drop Ward and put Evans in as 2nd singles players.  After all Marray and Fleming are a dubs partnership who have been doing rather well.
IP Logged
Connor
World No 1

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #8 on: September 11, 2013, 07:22 PM »

I'm still hoping that Marray will play with Fleming so that Andy isn't expected to play 3 days running.  Then makes sense to drop Ward and put Evans in as 2nd singles players.  After all Marray and Fleming are a dubs partnership who have been doing rather well.

Marray can't play because he hasdn't be chosen for the team, only Evans/Murray/Ward can partner Colin for Saturday's doubles.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #9 on: September 11, 2013, 07:25 PM »

he has been chosen for the squad and I thought the final team doesn't have to be announced until tomorrow?  My understanding was that Leon Smith would be deciding then whether to substitute him for Ward or Evans.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Top Seed

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #10 on: September 11, 2013, 07:33 PM »

Marray can't play because he hasdn't be chosen for the team, only Evans/Murray/Ward can partner Colin for Saturday's doubles.

Dipshit
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #11 on: September 11, 2013, 07:49 PM »

yes, they have bought murray in since poor andy his not a 1oo% fit after his exit in tbe us open. murray can play and I think he will. why should andy have to p, ay 3 matches, these other players have to play at sometime. if they get into the group andy may may not be able to commit himself all tbe time. spain, france have so many top 50 playerswe do not have tbis. we cannot reley on andy to win everything to keep us I the top group it is ridicoulous.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #12 on: September 11, 2013, 07:49 PM »

Spot on. But the singles obviously alternate, so whoever Evans plays on Friday, Murray plays on Sunday, whoever Murray plays on Friday, Evans plays on Sunday. Of course the line-up is subject to change, so Ward could play the second singles match that Evans would have played, the same goes for Ward to Andy.

The line up for singles on the 3rd day can only be changed if they are dead rubbers.  
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #13 on: September 11, 2013, 07:57 PM »

sorry I am not talking about the singles. they have bought marray in for the doubles. he should play with fleming, they have done well together.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #14 on: September 11, 2013, 08:09 PM »

Just been a bit of a geek and checked the rules on DC website.

Leon can announce a change in singles up to 60 minutes before start of play on the first day.  He has to announce his doubles team within 15 mins of the end of the 2nd singles match and the singles players on the 3rd day can only be changed (if they are live ) if a player is injured and the DC referee agrees.
So I guess until Friday we won't be sure what Leon will do.  
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »