Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 45 Go Down Reply
Author

Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB

(Read 16848 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #30 on: September 12, 2013, 11:39 AM »

Jonny Marray is in the team instead of James Ward, so presumably there's a good chance he will play the doubles instead of Andy.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #31 on: September 12, 2013, 11:40 AM »

Jonny Marray is in the team instead of James Ward, so presumably there's a good chance he will play the doubles instead of Andy.

Ooh can they change it then? I thought they had to stick with the teams that were submitted...
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #32 on: September 12, 2013, 11:44 AM »

Coric ranked 525 - someone having a laugh.  Poor guy - baptism of fire.  Sounds like Croatia have 'thrown in the towel' without Cilic and Karlovic.

Looking ahead - can GB stay in the World Group?
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #33 on: September 12, 2013, 12:11 PM »

Couldn't resist this - 2004 v 2013 US Open boy's champs!

IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #34 on: September 12, 2013, 01:15 PM »

Good article here. Andy slates drug testing in tennis. Also mentions Cilic and how he apparently failed a drugs test and thats why he's not playing in the Davis cup
http://www.scotsman.com/news/tom-english-andy-murray-s-words-on-doping-important-1-3081915
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #35 on: September 12, 2013, 01:26 PM »

I wonder if Andy has opted to play dubs in the hope that they can finish them off in the 1st 3 matches and then someone else can play the final dead rubber - would be less strain on him than 2 singles matches on clay.  If as you say Marray has nevertheless been included in the squad over Ward, perhaps Leon Smith his leaving his options open just in case Andy doesn't feel up to it after Friday.  Saw Coric being quoted as saying he's never played a 5 setter but just seeing Andy play will be an experience for him - and now he's playing him in the opening match!

I'm hoping the fact that Andy has said he'll play all 3 matches if necessary means his back is ok (notwithstanding my dead rubber theory).
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #36 on: September 12, 2013, 02:16 PM »

GB team
http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/Davis-Cup/News/2013/Aegon-GB-Davis-Cup-Team-v-Croatia-draw-announced/

* IMG_451987560441702.jpeg (90.65 KB, 960x672 - viewed 67 times.)
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #37 on: September 12, 2013, 02:28 PM »

I wonder if Andy has opted to play dubs in the hope that they can finish them off in the 1st 3 matches and then someone else can play the final dead rubber - would be less strain on him than 2 singles matches on clay.  If as you say Marray has nevertheless been included in the squad over Ward, perhaps Leon Smith his leaving his options open just in case Andy doesn't feel up to it after Friday.  Saw Coric being quoted as saying he's never played a 5 setter but just seeing Andy play will be an experience for him - and now he's playing him in the opening match!

I'm hoping the fact that Andy has said he'll play all 3 matches if necessary means his back is ok (notwithstanding my dead rubber theory).
He would not be playing if he had back problems. What happened in the US Open was simple he didn't play up to his ability and was not mentally ready for a dogfight.
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #38 on: September 12, 2013, 02:55 PM »

Great pic to see.
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #39 on: September 12, 2013, 02:57 PM »

Smiley Ross playing again!  tender
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #40 on: September 12, 2013, 03:06 PM »

He would not be playing if he had back problems. What happened in the US Open was simple he didn't play up to his ability and was not mentally ready for a dogfight.
So why the vest under his shirt in the heat and the inability to serve?  I don't know that  he had back problems but you don't know that he didn't.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #41 on: September 12, 2013, 03:20 PM »

So why the vest under his shirt in the heat and the inability to serve?  I don't know that  he had back problems but you don't know that he didn't.
He wore vest under his shirt during the Wimbledon Final when it was really hot. We know for a fact that Andy has a long term back problem. I think he will be wearing a vest for now on to help with the back. The back problem will never go away and it did not stop him from winning Wimbledon.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #42 on: September 12, 2013, 03:28 PM »

Order of Play - GB v Croatia

Friday - 10.00 BST
Andy Murray v Borna Coric
Dan Evans v Ivan Dodig

Saturday - 13.00 BST
Andy Murray / Colin Fleming v Ivan Dodig / Mate Pavic

Sunday - 10.00 BST
Andy Murray v Ivan Dodig
Dan Evans v Borna Coric
IP Logged
ProdigyEng
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #43 on: September 12, 2013, 03:30 PM »

Can't watch unfortunately.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Davis Cup : Croatia vs GB « Reply #44 on: September 12, 2013, 03:45 PM »

He wore vest under his shirt during the Wimbledon Final when it was really hot. We know for a fact that Andy has a long term back problem. I think he will be wearing a vest for now on to help with the back. The back problem will never go away and it did not stop him from winning Wimbledon.
yes an ongoing back problem, which is aggravated by playing on clay.   Hadn't noticed the vest at W final must admit so I guess you're right on that one.  Anyway the hope is that it's ok at present given he's opted to play all 3 matches, if necessary.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 45 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »