Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3. - 14 (73.7%)
Murray in 4. - 5 (26.3%)
Murray in 5. - 0 (0%)
Querrey in 3. - 0 (0%)
Querrey in 4. - 0 (0%)
Querrey in 5. - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber)

(Read 4067 times)
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

After the US team took the doubles rubber home, Andy is back on court for the third day reverse singles matches. He will face Sam Querrey, who despite being ahead 4-2 in the fourth, lost to James Ward in his first singles match in a momentous 5 set match. Now he is back on court to face Andy in an important fourth rubber, which could seal the tie win for the Brits, or level the tie if Querrey wins. All is to play for in this match.

Andy leads the head to head 5-1 against Querrey, the only time Querrey was able to beat Andy was in the Los Angeles final four years ago. It will be a giant ask for Querrey to pull off the upset tonight to level the tie against Britain.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Andy in 3 no probs  cmon yeah
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Futures Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

I'm going for Andy in 3
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Querrey was reportedly 'distraught' after losing to Ward, and he certainly looked very subdued when he came off court, so how far will he have recovered mentally by today?  Also their H2H won't add much to his confidence if he is feeling down on himself, something Courier will no doubt have spent a lot of time trying to rectify.  The crowd too will be doing their utmost to lift him - not that that usually bothers Andy, and in fact only serves to fire him up.  However, I take nothing for granted and so am going for Andy in 4.
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

The Superbowl will be on the crowd will be dead.
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Futures Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Yes! of course its superbowl Sunday! - hopefully that means the Brits will outnumber the Americans for this one Very Happy
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

I'm going to err on the side of caution and say Andy in four, but I think he'll do it in three. I know, even I don't get how my mind works Smile.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Super Bowl starts at 530 Davis cup much earlier but today is Super Bowl Sunday and most American minds wil be on football and partying.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Super Bowl starts at 530 Davis cup much earlier but today is Super Bowl Sunday and most American minds wil be on football and partying.
Well that could be bad news for Querrey, but Andy does quite a enjoy having a big crowd present, whether for or against him.  However I expect he'll be fired up enough anyway so lack of crowd probably won't make much difference.  Just so long as he doesn't go AWOL ...
IP Logged
peRFection...

Tough to call obviously Murray will start as favorite, but on Clay does that count for a whole lot? I don't think so, look Murray is a great player but on Clay he has only beaten one top 10 player in his career, Querrey will come out swinging it is going to be interesting that is for sure.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #10 on: February 02, 2014, 06:14 PM »

Murray in 3, Querrey to win 4 games max.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #11 on: February 02, 2014, 06:21 PM »

Tough to call obviously Murray will start as favorite, but on Clay does that count for a whole lot? I don't think so, look Murray is a great player but on Clay he has only beaten one top 10 player in his career, Querrey will come out swinging it is going to be interesting that is for sure.
Please go and spout on your favourite's site. You are trolling.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #12 on: February 02, 2014, 06:22 PM »

Excuse me - but do you have to use that particular avatar and user-name on this forum?  Tactful it is not.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #13 on: February 02, 2014, 06:24 PM »

IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #14 on: February 02, 2014, 06:28 PM »

Altogether now, trolling, just trolling.......
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »