Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3. - 14 (73.7%)
Murray in 4. - 5 (26.3%)
Murray in 5. - 0 (0%)
Querrey in 3. - 0 (0%)
Querrey in 4. - 0 (0%)
Querrey in 5. - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34 Go Down Reply
Author

DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber)

(Read 4336 times)
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #15 on: February 02, 2014, 06:29 PM »

Well that could be bad news for Querrey, but Andy does quite a enjoy having a big crowd present, whether for or against him.  However I expect he'll be fired up enough anyway so lack of crowd probably won't make much difference.  Just so long as he doesn't go AWOL ...

Andy will be focussed.    He knows his responsibilities and will not want to put pressure on Wardy in the final rubber.   Andy will play for the team, not for himself, unlike....................... No need to mention any names.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #16 on: February 02, 2014, 06:31 PM »

Andy will be focussed.    He knows his responsibilities and will not want to put pressure on Wardy in the final rubber.   Andy will play for the team, not for himself, unlike....................... No need to mention any names.

Ooh, go on, name names Wink.
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #17 on: February 02, 2014, 06:33 PM »

I'm very confident for Andy here.  His Olympic experience will stand him in good stead.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #18 on: February 02, 2014, 06:38 PM »

I'm very confident for Andy here.  His Olympic experience will stand him in good stead.
... and his two Slams. Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #19 on: February 02, 2014, 06:39 PM »

... and his two Slams. Smile
Of course - I was just thinking of the 'team' spirit!  Looking forward to the match, Smile
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #20 on: February 02, 2014, 06:47 PM »

Ooh, go on, name names Wink.

I'll give you a few  clues.     He's old and ugly and joined in his country's Davis Cup tie when he realised it would be an easy win with the S.....n team being without their top players.    Also his "friend" S..n is in good form at the moment and he said to himself "Hopefully I won't have to carry him this time"   Does that help?
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #21 on: February 02, 2014, 06:49 PM »

I'll give you a few  clues.     He's old and ugly and joined in his country's Davis Cup tie when he realised it would be an easy win with the S.....n team being without their top players.    Also his "friend" S..n is in good form at the moment and he said to himself "Hopefully I won't have to carry him this time"   Does that help?

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #22 on: February 02, 2014, 06:51 PM »

Of course - I was just thinking of the 'team' spirit!  Looking forward to the match, Smile
Yes, I agree.  He loves playing DC because it's so different from just playing for himself, and he really enjoys having the camaraderie of the other players, something he doesn't have when he's on the Tour.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #23 on: February 02, 2014, 06:52 PM »

Well done, Gangsta.    That was speedy.     Gold star for you.
IP Logged
peRFection...

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #24 on: February 02, 2014, 06:54 PM »

Roger has committed to the Cup this year and with Stan there he had a real shot of winning the tournament, it is a plucky effort for a country like GB to be in the World Group but they are essentially making up the numbers.
IP Logged
Connor
John McEnroe

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #25 on: February 02, 2014, 06:55 PM »

Roger has committed to the Cup this year and with Stan there he had a real shot of winning the tournament, it is a plucky effort for a country like GB to be in the World Group but they are essentially making up the numbers.

You know nothing about tennis, support someone else please.
IP Logged
peRFection...

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #26 on: February 02, 2014, 07:03 PM »

You know nothing about tennis, support someone else please.

Saying GB have no chance of winning the Davis Cup is fact.. If you think otherwise then it is you that knows nothing about tennis. It is nice not to have to worry about a b grade team as our boys did so well v Serbia this weekend, we have a great chance to lift the cup this year.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #27 on: February 02, 2014, 07:03 PM »

What the hell are the BBC playing at? Missing the first hour of a match they actually have the rights for! #numpties
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #28 on: February 02, 2014, 07:04 PM »

Saying GB have no chance of winning the Davis Cup is fact.. If you think otherwise then it is you that knows nothing about tennis. It is nice not to have to worry about a b grade team as our boys did so well v Serbia this weekend, we have a great chance to lift the cup this year.

Mod NoticeRemoved, swearing etc.
[ Last edit by Mark February 02, 2014, 07:34 PM ] IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #29 on: February 02, 2014, 07:05 PM »

What the hell are the BBC playing at? Missing the first hour of a match they actually have the rights for! #numpties

Its on the red button
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »