Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: WWW?
Murray in 3. - 14 (73.7%)
Murray in 4. - 5 (26.3%)
Murray in 5. - 0 (0%)
Querrey in 3. - 0 (0%)
Querrey in 4. - 0 (0%)
Querrey in 5. - 0 (0%)
Comedy 7th option. - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 19

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 Go Down Reply
Author

DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber)

(Read 4389 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #480 on: February 05, 2014, 12:18 PM »

I expect the bookies will see differently, but there probably won't be a lot in it. Andy at his best can go toe-to-toe with anyone on clay (see performances v Djokovic 2011, Nadal 2011, Gasquet 2012) when he's on his game. I think confidence is a very big issue for him on this surface.

Fognini is an absolute headcase though. When he's not feeling it he'll just throw in the towel. See his performance against Djokovic in Australia. Pathetic. On his game though he is easily in the top 10 in terms of clay players.

There are so many variables for that match-up that ultimately (if they're both fit and both play) it will come down to how both players are feeling on the day.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #481 on: February 05, 2014, 04:39 PM »

Hope you can get to sleep!

It took ages to get to sleep.  Something I do not usually have a problem with.  The adrenaline was still flowing big time!!
IP Logged
rob92
ATP Level

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #482 on: February 05, 2014, 04:51 PM »

Fognini is favourite on clay, even against 100% Andy. He is very good on the surface and won titles back to back on the clay last year.
There only two meetings Andy lost on hard court and won on Clay. The irony.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #483 on: February 05, 2014, 05:33 PM »

To me the one good thing is, that if we lose the tie against Italy, we'll still be in the WG next year.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #484 on: February 05, 2014, 07:53 PM »

I think there will be a lot of Brit support in Italy in April. LTA say 200 went to Croatia in Sept, 80 to San Diego. I've already seen lots of people on twitter etc intending to go - sounds lovely! Venue will be announced in 2 or 3 weeks

Can register interest with LTA (Join GB in Italy) at http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/Davis-Cup/Home/

IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #485 on: February 05, 2014, 08:00 PM »

I think there will be a lot of Brit support in Italy in April. LTA say 200 went to Croatia in Sept, 80 to San Diego. I've already seen lots of people on twitter etc intending to go - sounds lovely! Venue will be announced in 2 or 3 weeks

Can register interest with LTA (Join GB in Italy) at http://www.lta.org.uk/fans-major-events/Davis-Cup/Home/

Would love to go but dont think I can manage that as well as Wimbledon and WTF unfortunately.
Anyone on here planning on going?
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #486 on: February 05, 2014, 08:03 PM »

I'd love to go but apart from hoping to go to Wimbledon and WTF which kinda ties up the old finances there is the 'slight' added complication of the fact that I am working  - and going to Spain on the monday. Will need to settle for yelling at the tv!
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #487 on: February 05, 2014, 08:12 PM »

I'd love to go but apart from hoping to go to Wimbledon and WTF which kinda ties up the old finances there is the 'slight' added complication of the fact that I am working  - and going to Spain on the monday. Will need to settle for yelling at the tv!

Im going to spain that monday as well westie  shocking
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #488 on: February 05, 2014, 08:32 PM »

Would love to go but dont think I can manage that as well as Wimbledon and WTF unfortunately.
Anyone on here planning on going?

Very tempting as I'm not working that Saturday - but a trip to visit daughter in US in May is already stretching the finances!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #489 on: February 05, 2014, 08:35 PM »

Im going to spain that monday as well westie  shocking

shocking You stalking me again?   Whistle Going to Nerja on Costa del Sol. U crazy lady paying school holiday prices. shocking
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #490 on: February 05, 2014, 08:52 PM »

shocking You stalking me again?   Whistle Going to Nerja on Costa del Sol. U crazy lady paying school holiday prices. shocking

Nah  w00t im winding ye up....just wanted to see your response  roflmao

I couldnt possibly add another break away on ive already got 4 organised for the year.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #491 on: February 05, 2014, 08:54 PM »

Very tempting as I'm not working that Saturday - but a trip to visit daughter in US in May is already stretching the finances!

It certainly is tempting but we have to draw the line somewhere  Very Happy
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #492 on: February 05, 2014, 08:57 PM »

It will certainly make a very pleasant spring holiday for those who wish to go and can afford to do so.  I hope they choose somewhere other than Rome for the venue though because hotel accommodation there will be very pricey, as will meals and travel.  Same goes for cities like Florence which are also major tourist attractions.
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
Seed

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #493 on: February 05, 2014, 09:36 PM »

Nah  w00t im winding ye up....just wanted to see your response  roflmao

roflmao Nice one!
IP Logged
eeyorebob
Challenger Level

"I am a champion, and you're gonna hear me roar"

Re: DC 2014 World Group R1 (GBR vs. USA): Murray vs Querrey (4th Rubber) « Reply #494 on: February 06, 2014, 07:33 AM »

I cant afford to go - so i'm doing the next best thing

Booked the Friday off work, getting a GB flag out (getting a GB collar made for the dog) and will yell at the telly
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 32 [33] 34 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »