Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer

(Read 1875 times)
richie c
Futures Level

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « on: December 17, 2005, 09:07 PM »

I definetly think so  Wink
IP Logged
Josh
Seed

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2005, 09:27 PM »

Not yet, but hopefully will in a few years time.
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2005, 09:42 PM »

dontknow Let's not get too optimistic here.  Whistle

When we talk about Federer.. we mean possibly one of the greatest tennis players that lived.

Everything about his game is stunning..  In that respect i think we'll need something absolutely magical from Andy to over come Federer...

Andy's 18 and so far he's proven the same that Federer did when he was that age. There's 100% potential.. and as long as Andy keeps up the excellent work i see no difficulty!  goodjob

There's also Nadal to beat.. but that's an altogether different argument! Smile
[ Last edit by top_spin March 29, 2007, 11:51 PM ] IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #3 on: December 17, 2005, 09:52 PM »

Julia, don't go too positive about Federer there... He's not the greatist ever  ranting

But allthought I don't like him, I do admit, perhaps you might be a teenytiny little bit right. Very Happy

But Andy doesn't have the weapons yet, like Josh said. Maybe later.  =D>
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #4 on: December 17, 2005, 10:02 PM »

Quote from: dentie
Julia, don't go too positive about Federer there... He's not the greatist ever  ranting

But allthought I don't like him, I do admit, perhaps you might be a teenytiny little bit right. Very Happy

Well i never said he is the greatest player ever  no I said one of!! Very Happy

I doubt that he will be known as the "greatest player of time" when he retires.

However there will rightly be a lot of respect for him! But i do honestly think is tennis is unique and at the moment there is absolutely no one on the tour that could beat him.

I actually think.. that by the time Andy is 20.. and he's gained enough confidence, experience, physical strength and really entered that "whirlpool" of the ATP circuit.. i think Nadal will be the real threat.

As the years will go by, i think Federer will lose stimulation to win and go to physical and mental extremes in order to win a single match.

And Nadal will take that place and become the biggest rival - especially because they are both clay boys.  goodjob

And of course there's Roddick and everyone else capable of back stabbing.
[ Last edit by top_spin March 29, 2007, 11:52 PM ] IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #5 on: December 17, 2005, 10:05 PM »

Tututu Very Happy No objection

Besides the Federer-thing, I agree.
Perhaps Hewitt and Roddick are both back stabbers. Nadal is an excellent player too.
Andy is the man for the future!!!!
*Richie told me Andy was a man, not a boy. Sorry Very Happy*
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #6 on: December 17, 2005, 10:24 PM »

I really believe that Andy will progress to be quite a formidable opponent.  I agree with you, Julia, Federer is eventually going to lose the motivation to keep on winning.

I'm not so sure about Nadal - I feel he is capable of burning himself out, but what the heck to I know - it's just a feeling I get.

There are a lot of up and coming youngsters who we'll see plenty of over the next year or two.  But... I really believe in Andy and I think he's going to surpass everyone's expectations.  cheerleaders   I just feel he has the ability to adapt his game in order to win against his opponent.  He plays a very intellegent game and he learns so quickly.  These are things that will steadily improve.

GO OOR ANDY!
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #7 on: December 18, 2005, 08:19 AM »

Oi oi... keep your posts in the right section can you? Wink

And as for the question, we'll just have to wait and see...
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #8 on: December 18, 2005, 12:51 PM »

sorry john what section should it be in  shocking then
IP Logged
Riverman
Veteran

Hello

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #9 on: December 18, 2005, 01:35 PM »

Well you put it in Chit Chat, but I moved it to Andy Murray for you. Smile
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #10 on: December 18, 2005, 08:12 PM »

No, he doesnt and to be fair to Andy, he NEVER will
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #11 on: December 18, 2005, 08:20 PM »

There you are Sir Panda, you've been away for a while.
Welcome back  welcome

And that's very a very harsh thing to say, you never never know if Andy will topple Federer!  whip
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #12 on: December 18, 2005, 08:24 PM »

Thanks Dana, I have been very busy and I just havent had the time to post

I think Andy is a gifted player but he wont beat Federer unless he was injured or severely off-form.
IP Logged
richie c
Futures Level

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #13 on: December 18, 2005, 10:25 PM »

i totally disagree with ur comment sir panda andy can beat federer and egg on ur face when he does  ranting
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Does Andy Have The Weapons To Topple Federer « Reply #14 on: December 18, 2005, 10:39 PM »

goodjob   hug  peacedove  grouphug
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »