Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Berrer in 2
Berrer in 3
The pair decide to forego the match and listen to the "Tales of the Arabian Nights" instead

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer

(Read 4110 times)
Ghostbuster
Challenger Level

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #150 on: February 28, 2012, 12:23 PM »

Never in doubt.

Maybe. I give him some crap at times, but it's not often I feel like he's going to lose these matches. I normally get annoyed because I'm so shocked he's not winning. But today, once it went to 2-2 in the third, I felt like he might lose. Very reminiscent of the last two years post-AO. He needs to get it together quick.
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #151 on: February 28, 2012, 12:28 PM »

Well done, Andy, you pulled through. Good practise round!
[ Last edit by adb..OH February 28, 2012, 12:53 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #152 on: February 28, 2012, 12:29 PM »

Either he's more rusty than my old mower or somethings up cos that was dire Frown
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #153 on: February 28, 2012, 12:33 PM »

I like Berrer also & I can't help thinking that its a little disrespectful of Andy to appear bored. Still there are worse players for that kind of thing out there.

Yes, I was thinking that. Berrer's a good guy and Andy definitely looked like he didn't give a monkey's.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #154 on: February 28, 2012, 12:39 PM »

Just got back.  I take it Andy won but by the skin of his teeth?  From what I've read it sounds like an all too familiar story after AO defeats.  So much for Lendl.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #155 on: February 28, 2012, 12:42 PM »

He will lose against Davydenko if he plays like that, without question. It really looked like his heart wasn't in it.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #156 on: February 28, 2012, 12:42 PM »

I don't think Andy looked bored out there - more frustrated that he couldn't play good tennis. His movement wasn't great which it often isn't at the beginning of tournaments - he needs to be able to deal with this a lot better and not get so down on himself. But a win's a win and he'll hopefully improve in the next round.

Berrer played a great match, he kept on fighting throughout and really could have won.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #157 on: February 28, 2012, 12:54 PM »

Either he's more rusty than my old mower or somethings up cos that was dire Frown
I've just seen a brief report which claims that Andy is ill.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #158 on: February 28, 2012, 12:54 PM »

ATP site has Andy 'overcoming illness' to battle Berrer.  Anyone know anything about that?
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #159 on: February 28, 2012, 12:55 PM »

^ Heard something during the game, that he had said he felt sick.
IP Logged
Ghostbuster
Challenger Level

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #160 on: February 28, 2012, 12:55 PM »

Chiudinelli beat Davydenko. So much for Davy's good form, though he could be injured. I thought I heard Davy had won but I guess not. That's a bit of a bonus for Murray. Another match that SHOULD be fairly comfortable to give him time to adapt to the conditions in preparation for the bigger matches. It might just work in his favour, even if I'd have preferred the test of Davydenko.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #161 on: February 28, 2012, 12:57 PM »

ATP site has Andy 'overcoming illness' to battle Berrer.  Anyone know anything about that?
Yes that's what I was looking at, but a full report isn't available yet.  Nothing on the BBC either.

^ Heard something during the game, that he had said he felt sick.
Hope it isn't food poisoning ... think he had that once before in Dubai.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #162 on: February 28, 2012, 01:04 PM »

Chiudinelli beat Davydenko. So much for Davy's good form, though he could be injured. I thought I heard Davy had won but I guess not. That's a bit of a bonus for Murray. Another match that SHOULD be fairly comfortable to give him time to adapt to the conditions in preparation for the bigger matches. It might just work in his favour, even if I'd have preferred the test of Davydenko.

No stern tests please, he needs a bit of time to get into the swing of things.
He'll be alright.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #163 on: February 28, 2012, 01:05 PM »

Looking around for more information but could only find this tweet from Simon Briggs of the Telegraph:

'.... or maybe put it down a dicky tummy, as Murray says afterwards that "I was feeling a bit sick at the start"'

Hope it's just a 24 hour thing and he's ready to go tomorrow.
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #164 on: February 28, 2012, 01:11 PM »

Just back indoors and relieved to find that Andy won in the end.Watched sets 1 & 2 then decided that pressure hosing dog runs couldn't wait any longer. It seemed to me that he was only slightly out of kilter getting into  a situation to hit a winner then over hitting or mistiming it. If Andy was sick then that is a cause for future concern perhaps but it is no time for the doomsayers to come out. I look forward to the next match and fully expect form to return. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »