Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Poll
Question: Your predictions
Murray in 2
Murray in 3
Berrer in 2
Berrer in 3
The pair decide to forego the match and listen to the "Tales of the Arabian Nights" instead

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer

(Read 3756 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « on: February 27, 2012, 07:28 PM »

Matched scheduled for Tuesday, 28 Feb, at 10 am BST

Bev will no doubt give her usual players' profile, but the H2H here is  2-0 to Murray, the last time they met being at last year's FO where Murray demolished Berrer in straight sets, despite rolling over on his ankle during the match.

Can't see Berrer troubling him here, but it will be interesting to see if there are any noticeable signs of the "Lendl Effect" regarding his game, given that they only had 11 days together in Delray Beach - but Lendl was focussing a lot more on tennis than fitness training, and Murray is a quick learner.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Murray beat him on one leg last time. Very Happy

My memory of Berrer was that he was very slow. I've seen milk turn quicker than this guy.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 08:04 PM »

Looking forward to seeing Murray back in action and whether or not he can put the AO loss behind him - which he didn't manage to do until at least April in the last two years. This should be straightforward, but there might be some rustiness early on to get over.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 09:14 PM »

My memory of Berrer was that he was very slow. I've seen milk turn quicker than this guy.
lmao
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 09:23 PM »

They have played since last year's French Open. Andy beat Berrer in Bangkok in September.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #5 on: February 27, 2012, 09:29 PM »

This comes on at 1am my time. That's pretty late for me considering that I will have to wake up in a few hours again. This may actually go to the third set taking a couple of things into account.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #6 on: February 27, 2012, 10:17 PM »

Looking forward to seeing Murray back in action and whether or not he can put the AO loss behind him - which he didn't manage to do until at least April in the last two years. This should be straightforward, but there might be some rustiness early on to get over.

I agree Joe. He says it's gonna be different this time around and I'm inclinded to believe him, however the proof of the pudding, and all that.

I do remember Berrer seemed to be a really nice guy, even though he was thrashed by Andy. Hope he puts up a fight, as its good preparation for things to come.

cmon yeah
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #7 on: February 27, 2012, 10:21 PM »

Matched scheduled for Tuesday, 28 Feb, at 10 am BST

Bev will no doubt give her usual players' profile, but the H2H here is  2-0 to Murray, the last time they met being at last year's FO where Murray demolished Berrer in straight sets, despite rolling over on his ankle during the match.

Can't see Berrer troubling him here, but it will be interesting to see if there are any noticeable signs of the "Lendl Effect" regarding his game, given that they only had 11 days together in Delray Beach - but Lendl was focussing a lot more on tennis than fitness training, and Murray is a quick learner.
It's right in the middle of my working day so I can only sneak a look at the Live Scoreboard. Damn it!
It wont be on the telly in Norway, not even Eurosport, I shouldnt think. 

What will Bev come up with this time, I wonder? Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #8 on: February 27, 2012, 11:39 PM »

Think

Somebody was drool over the Dubai photo shoot, so that's what I came up with Very Happy

11 pm start for me, so good that he's on first for me. cmon yeah  Bad that it won't be on tv - nothing this week that I can see Rolling Eyes  So laptop it will be.

* Murray vs Berrer.PNG (225.6 KB, 685x712 - viewed 263 times.)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #9 on: February 28, 2012, 01:15 AM »

They have played since last year's French Open. Andy beat Berrer in Bangkok in September.
Thanks.  I'd forgotten that.  My memory isn't what it used to be, and also I misread the H2H I was looking at. doh

I'm not so sure about that.  He spent 11 days solid with Lendl practising at Delray Beach before coming here, so should be on his toes - unless he's gone off the boil in the last few days.  Also Lendl would kick him hard if he showed any signs of going into a slump and Andy himself says that he feels in a better place mentally than he did at this time in 2010/2011.  However, I do admit to having slight feelings of nervousness ... some memories don't fade too easily.
[ Last edit by Aileen February 28, 2012, 01:21 AM ] IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #10 on: February 28, 2012, 03:15 AM »

Everyone will like the bold print match time etc at start Aileen.  Nice H2H Bev.

Good luck for Dubai, Andy!    Boxing
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #11 on: February 28, 2012, 03:21 AM »

Bev always does a good job with her H2Hs.  Got it all down to a fine art by now.
IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #12 on: February 28, 2012, 03:51 AM »

Think

Somebody was drool over the Dubai photo shoot, so that's what I came up with Very Happy

11 pm start for me, so good that he's on first for me. cmon yeah  Bad that it won't be on tv - nothing this week that I can see Rolling Eyes  So laptop it will be.

Hi Bev,
ESPN says -- For Friday @ 4:00am -- 8:00am.

Join ESPN for the replay of the ATP World Tour 500 as we bring you The Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championships Quarter Finals 3 & 4 being held in Dubai.

They're also doing the Acapulco Q/Fs at 10:00am. -- 6:00pm. (seems hellava long?) later that same day

They're back at Dubai for the first semi on Saturday @ 4:00 am. -- 7:00am.

First S/F at Acapulco @ 12:00pm. -- 14:00pm. on the same day.

My on scene TV Guide ran out then! But I bet it would be a safe assumption that they're going to continue their coverage of both events till their finals.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #13 on: February 28, 2012, 04:59 AM »

Like the dancing panda, btw. lol
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Dubai 500: R1: Murray vs Berrer « Reply #14 on: February 28, 2012, 07:09 AM »

Nice little warm up yay
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »