Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Dubai F: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer  (Read 5214 times)
Elena
Seed

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #540 on: March 03, 2012, 06:18 PM »

you,ve got too laugh. roflmao

Indeed.
So humble.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #541 on: March 03, 2012, 06:35 PM »

I really don't think Andy was there mentally today. He's bound to be a bit overwhelmed by his straight sets victory over Nole just yesterday - not to mention, the other key win over Berdych the day before. Had this been the other way around, as in, had he had to play Federer first in the semi and then Nole in the final, I am convinced he would have won the match and the title. Though he lost today, I just don't think he gave as much importance to Federer as he did to Nole yesterday. Nole is, after all, the man to beat and there was so much building up between the two since Rome last year. I really think this was an incredible tournament for Andy. He has a lot of positive to take from it. And a loss to Federer doesn't really matter as much because the H2H is still in Andy's favour and Andy will have a better chance to get ahead of Federer again with a good margin. Because Federer is on his way down whereas Andy is on his way up.

I can see though why Federer was so complimentary towards Andy yesterday. He knew all along he was going to win this match simply based on the assumption that this win over Nole was going to stay on Andy's mind and he's not going to be as motivated coming into this match. Federer knows Andy very well. He knows how Andy's mind works and more often than not, Federer capitalizes on it – opportunitist that he is. The only person so far he can't get away with this sort of games is Nadal. Nadal is a better mind game player in all this and he knows Federer's weaknesses. Andy can learn from this.

So let's put this behind and move on. I am very happy the bunch of players Andy has beaten this year already and I am sure it will only add up as he marches along.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #542 on: March 03, 2012, 06:41 PM »

I really don't think Andy was there mentally today. He's bound to be a bit overwhelmed by his straight sets victory over Nole just yesterday - not to mention, the other key win over Berdych the day before. Had this been the other way around, as in, had he had to play Federer first in the semi and then Nole in the final, I am convinced he would have won the match and the title. Though he lost today, I just don't think he gave as much importance to Federer as he did to Nole yesterday. Nole is, after all, the man to beat and there was so much building up between the two since Rome last year. I really think this was an incredible tournament for Andy. He has a lot of positive to take from it. And a loss to Federer doesn't really matter as much because the H2H is still in Andy's favour and Andy will have a better chance to get ahead of Federer again with a good margin. Because Federer is on his way down whereas Andy is on his way up.

I can see though why Federer was so complimentary towards Andy yesterday. He knew all along he was going to win this match simply based on the assumption that this win over Nole was going to stay on Andy's mind and he's not going to be as motivated coming into this match. Federer knows Andy very well. He knows how Andy's mind works and more often than not, Federer capitalizes on it – opportunitist that he is. The only person so far he can't get away with this sort of games is Nadal. Nadal is a better mind game player in all this and he knows Federer's weaknesses. Andy can learn from this.

So let's put this behind and move on. I am very happy the bunch of players Andy has beaten this year already and I am sure it will only add up as he marches along.

It definitely was a great week for Murray congrats I am certainly seeing lots of improvements from him this year! I think this can be a great year for him that's for sure.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #543 on: March 03, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Andy's game was just not there today, his 1st serve was rubbish and his backhand which is usually great was not working, so lucky for Fed as if everything was working for Andy the outcome would have been different. Andy should say like Nole  he was lethargic as that was the excuse Nole gave yesterday. But Andy is such a nice honest guy, and would never make an excuse, that is why we love him.
Andy takes responsibility and doesnt blame anything but his own performance, on this day or that.

Yeah, thats why we love him to bits Chris.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #544 on: March 03, 2012, 06:57 PM »

Ah hadn't realised fed had been interviewed twice. I thought he'd plumbed new depths of rudeness in not mentioning Andy.  So can someone tell me what he said about Andy in the first interview?
Are we sure it's not qualifying that starts on 8th at IW?  Sky coverage certtainly doesn't start before the w/e and I have a feeling not till the monday.  So hopefully time for Andy to get over jet lag and prepare properly.   Can't remember do top seeds get a bye in masters?  Seems ages since we had one.

Oh and glad to see most people seem to be cutting Andy some slack and not coming down on him as some of our MW friends sometimes do.  From the posts I've read so far, seems like everyone is acknowledging and applauding how well Andy did this week and just sorry he couldn't keep it up for one final day.   yay
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #545 on: March 03, 2012, 06:58 PM »

"I think second set he played better than me," said Murray. "For sure I made a few too many mistakes in the second, and he was playing a lot more aggressive than in the first set. But overall it was a good week. It was perfect preparation for the stretch over in America. Got through very tough matches against top, top players, so it was good."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/02/9/Dubai-Saturday-Federer-Wins-Fifth-Dubai-Title.aspx

IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #546 on: March 03, 2012, 06:59 PM »

It definitely was a great week for Murray congrats I am certainly seeing lots of improvements from him this year! I think this can be a great year for him that's for sure.
Well, congratulations to both of you too. I think you derserve some positive feedback now, since your postings are not as provocative as previously.

The best player obviously won.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #547 on: March 03, 2012, 07:00 PM »

Andy/Fed...

Benjamin Button flexed his gristly biceps to face the crysalis that is Andy Murray.  Although v1 turned up today.. v2 is emerging majestically... have no fear!

Congrats to Mr. Federer today.. but as they say in pantomime: LOOK BEHIND YOU!

* brad pitt troy.gif (434.46 KB, 100x75 - viewed 160 times.)
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #548 on: March 03, 2012, 07:02 PM »

"I think second set he played better than me," said Murray. "For sure I made a few too many mistakes in the second, and he was playing a lot more aggressive than in the first set. But overall it was a good week. It was perfect preparation for the stretch over in America. Got through very tough matches against top, top players, so it was good."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/02/9/Dubai-Saturday-Federer-Wins-Fifth-Dubai-Title.aspx

Glad that Andy can be philosophical so soon after the loss and look forward to US stretch.  Still would be interested to know why he thought his bh went awol and seemed so flat.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #549 on: March 03, 2012, 07:03 PM »

Seen this, on the BBC live text?

Alistair, Edinburgh, via text: "Its all very well saying how well Murray played yesterday but his talent is not what is being called into question, its his continued inability to win the big finals... when is lendl going to get him to fulfil his potential?"

Fair point, just how long is he going to give Lendl? It's been two months now and he still hasn't won Wimbledon. (Response from Piers Newbury)
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #550 on: March 03, 2012, 07:07 PM »

Ah hadn't realised fed had been interviewed twice. I thought he'd plumbed new depths of rudeness in not mentioning Andy.  So can someone tell me what he said about Andy in the first interview?
Are we sure it's not qualifying that starts on 8th at IW?  Sky coverage certtainly doesn't start before the w/e and I have a feeling not till the monday.  So hopefully time for Andy to get over jet lag and prepare properly.   Can't remember do top seeds get a bye in masters?  Seems ages since we had one.

Oh and glad to see most people seem to be cutting Andy some slack and not coming down on him as some of our MW friends sometimes do.  From the posts I've read so far, seems like everyone is acknowledging and applauding how well Andy did this week and just sorry he couldn't keep it up for one final day.   yay

Except for boogers. He was still very negative. If he doesn't say anything, then know Andy is playing very well. And if you see boogers' multiple posts, then know, Andy is in enormous trouble and most likely to lose. He's like our very own Mayan calendar but only shows up on that very day Andy's about to lose rather than predicting it beforehand. eh boogers?
[ Last edit by Emma Jean March 03, 2012, 07:20 PM ] IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #551 on: March 03, 2012, 07:09 PM »

Alistair, Edinburgh, via text: "Its all very well saying how well Murray played yesterday but his talent is not what is being called into question, its his continued inability to win the big finals... when is lendl going to get him to fulfil his potential?"

Fair point, just how long is he going to give Lendl? It's been two months now and he still hasn't won Wimbledon. (Response from Piers Newbury)

lmao

Oh EJ I don't count Boogers - if he'd  been anything other than unremittingly negative I'd have expected a whole pigsty to appear before my window Whistle
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #552 on: March 03, 2012, 07:19 PM »

He has his followers too. I shall not name names. They know who they are.

Nigel was hilarious though. The more he predicted the more it went downhill. It was like as if he was caushing it all. lol.

I really think if you think negative you pretty much invite the negative.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #553 on: March 03, 2012, 07:21 PM »

lmao

IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #554 on: March 03, 2012, 07:21 PM »

Sick bags ready?
Both players produced some sensational tennis that had the packed stadium screaming in delight, and the outcome was in the balance right to the end.

"Yeah, I mean, coming out to the Mexican Wave going on, then chanting when I held for 4-4, with the crowd singing my name," said the 2012 Dubai champion, Federer. "Obviously I'm sure also some were singing Andy's name, but to hear my name resonate throughout the stadium was great."

"I tell you, it gives you goose bumps. It's great motivation to play well. That's why I played so well this week, and particularly in the final. Does give you a lift and that belief to keep going for your shot, and then the risk pays off."

"For me to win the tournament and win so often now is a beautiful thing. It's definitely got a special place in my heart, this tournament here."

Federer faced break points for only the second time this week when Murray led 40-15 on his serve for a 4-2 lead. The number two seed fought off the challenge, but Murray was finally able to make a breakthrough at 5-5 when he forced a backhand error to claim Federer’s serve on his fifth break point of the game.

In the second set it was Federer’s turn to hold the upper hand when he broke to lead 2-1. Murray responded by leveling at 3-3 but he remained under pressure, surviving a break point in the next game but netting a double-handed backhand at 4-4 to leave Federer serving for the match.

"The match was close I think in both sets," said Federer. "I just gave myself more opportunities than Andy did overall. I felt really good out there tonight. I felt calm knowing what I wanted to do. I think the surface, I used it to my advantage, which in the last year's finals I couldn't or didn't. I think that was a big thing tonight as well."

Murray was naturally disappointed at the outcome, but acknowledged that he had enjoyed a great week.

"I think in the second set he played better than me," said Murray. "For sure I made a few too many mistakes in the second, and he was playing a lot more aggressive than in the first set. It was a good win yesterday, good win the day before, tough match today, so I'm happy with the week."

"The atmosphere was fantastic. I think most of the crowd wanted Roger to win but it’s not often you get the chance to play in a packed stadium."
http://www.dubaidutyfreetennischampionships.com/News/Tennis/2012/ATP-Tournament/Saturday-Federer-Wins-Fifth-Dubai-Crown.aspx
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »