Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Dubai F: Murray vs Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Go Down Reply
Author

Dubai F: Murray vs Federer

(Read 5529 times)
Philip
Seed

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #525 on: March 03, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Still it was very close. In the 1st set leading 3-2 with 2 BPs and 2 second serves and balls sitting in inviting positions to be punished, Andy got a bit tentative and made 2 UEs.  Had he won one of the two and then win the 1st set, the match would likely have gone to a 3rd set and anything could have happened.

One thing that surprised me today was that Andy did not target Federer's BH where Nadal got a lot of success in previous matches.  

Instead, Andy was going mano u mano with Fed on his lethal FH which I think is a tactical mistake.  Fed can generate so much pace off his FH that it puts Andy on the back foot time and time again.

Out of the top 4, I believe Fed's FH is the most lethal.

[ Last edit by Philip March 03, 2012, 05:38 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #526 on: March 03, 2012, 05:36 PM »

One thing that surprised me today was that Andy did not target Federer's BH where Nadal got a lot of success in previous matches. 

Instead, Andy was going mano u mano with Fed on his lethal FH which I think is a tactical mistake.  Fed can generate so much pace off his FH that it puts Andy on the back foot time and time again.

Hopefully Lendl will put him right about this.

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #527 on: March 03, 2012, 05:37 PM »

Thanks Aileen.  Time to catch up on some beauty sleep.
you,ll be hibernating then. Whistle
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #528 on: March 03, 2012, 05:37 PM »

Missed both/all the interviews.
Glad at least that Andy rallied in the 2nd set after he was broken - and managed to break back.
Fed's serve was a bit less bad than Andy's.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #529 on: March 03, 2012, 05:40 PM »

you,ll be hibernating then. Whistle

lol  How are you not single?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #530 on: March 03, 2012, 05:41 PM »

I was watching on Dubai Sports - the host broadcaster. That's probably why I got to see it. I'm not a big enough Federer fan to make up something like this Smile.
I do believe you. Smile  So I'm not sure what tennisTV (which was being livestreamed from Sky) were doing to overlook that.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #531 on: March 03, 2012, 05:42 PM »

Still it was very close. In the 1st set leading 3-2 with 2 BPs and 2 second serves and balls sitting in inviting positions to be punished, Andy got a bit tentative and made 2 UEs.  Had he won one of the two and then win the 1st set, the match would likely have gone to a 3rd set and anything could have happened.

Instead, Andy was going mano u mano with Fed on his lethal FH which I think is a tactical mistake.  Fed can generate so much pace off his FH that it puts Andy on the back foot time and time again.

Yet against Del Portro he was not consistent with his FH, a bit like Andy's BH today
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #532 on: March 03, 2012, 05:43 PM »

lol  How are you not single?
I'm so loveable... So I'm told. Wink and a kiss
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #533 on: March 03, 2012, 05:58 PM »

If Andy had to lose to Fed I'm glad he lost when he was obviously not playing his best.  If he had been on top form and lost I would have been gutted.  Mind you, if he had been on top form he wouldn't have lost!!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #534 on: March 03, 2012, 06:04 PM »

Sadly, it seems as if my earlier assessment may have been correct. I stated that Andy might take time to settle as it was his first match in night conditions. Federer on the other hand had played all his matches bar one at night.

Andy was also not helped by his 1st serve %age down to 48% compared with 71% against Djokovic.

Pity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #535 on: March 03, 2012, 06:04 PM »

If Andy had to lose to Fed I'm glad he lost when he was obviously not playing his best.  If he had been on top form and lost I would have been gutted.  Mind you, if he had been on top form he wouldn't have lost!!
Very true................there is a comfort!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #536 on: March 03, 2012, 06:10 PM »

Is that Jermaine Jackson next to Roger?
well it ain't Michael.

Michael was on my cruise.. big surprise to me too... watch this space.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #537 on: March 03, 2012, 06:11 PM »

Guys I could easily come on here and quote some of yesterday's posts about how Roger was going to get hammered but I won't because I am not here to gloat! I believe in being humble in victory

Of course I'm delighted with the result and for Roger to win another title but make no mistake as a huge Roger fan I was under no ilusion how tough today was going to be!

Murray kept fighting and he almost turned the match around (I did not fancy a 3rd set)

I want to congratulate Murray and all you guys his loyal fans for a great week he beat the world number 1 after all!

Good luck for the tournaments ahead and hopefully our boys will meet again soon:-)
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #538 on: March 03, 2012, 06:16 PM »

you,ve got to laugh. roflmao
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Dubai F: Murray vs Federer « Reply #539 on: March 03, 2012, 06:17 PM »

Andy's game was just not there today, his 1st serve was rubbish and his backhand which is usually great was not working, so lucky for Fed as if everything was working for Andy the outcome would have been different. Andy should say like Nole  he was lethargic as that was the excuse Nole gave yesterday. But Andy is such a nice honest guy, and would never make an excuse, that is why we love him.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »