Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Kevin Anderson, Friday, Time: 12 noon BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 Go Down Reply
Author

Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych

(Read 4296 times)
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #270 on: March 01, 2012, 01:04 PM »

Look I mean Murray should be able to get revenge on Tipsy for his loss in the 2nd round in Dubai in 2010 in that unlikely event of that match up coming true!

Were the first 3 words of that post not utterly superfluous? You're not Federer I'm afraid, so stop trying to type in the way that he talks! lol
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #271 on: March 01, 2012, 01:09 PM »

At long last and in 2 as well. He'll never beat Novak playing like this.
Nole hasn't been playing all that well and I think we will see a different Andy tomorrow. He won't have the same nerves as he had playing Birdy, someone he has lost to the last 3 times and a lower ranked player.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #272 on: March 01, 2012, 01:12 PM »

Hey, don't count Tipsy out yet! lol

Yes - Tipsy beat Djoko last time they played!
IP Logged
dex
Futures Level

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #273 on: March 01, 2012, 01:30 PM »

Yes - Tipsy beat Djoko last time they played!
They then went on holiday together! I think Novak was tired and just looking forward to that holiday.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #274 on: March 01, 2012, 01:32 PM »

Can't wait for Tipsy/Djoker match.  Sooo hilarious together.. hard for me to take them seriously when I watch them play competitively.  lmao

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/video/18012012/58/tipsy-time-djokovic-turns-cameraman.html
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #275 on: March 01, 2012, 01:36 PM »

I am very happy with this win. I had a feeling it was going to be a straight set win for Andy. I watched the 1st set and the first 4 games of the 2nd set. That's when Berdych broke Andy back and it felt like a long time coming given that Andy wasn’t broken in the first set. I had to drive to work and today you just don't want to be on the road. We are getting freezing rain since very early this morning, which made the condition extremely slushy, slippery and icy. I was driving and checking Andy’s score on my phone from time to time and at one point, I got so distracted that when I looked up, I noticed I was heading directly towards the ditch. lol. People behind me must have thought I had slipped. It happens.

Again, I am so glad Andy won. This was so important but I wasn’t really very happy with Andy’s performance overall. He’s seemed rather passive at times, stayed way behind the baseline and gave a lot of short balls to Berdych of all people. I wanted him to be careful but not passive. I wanted him to attack or at least have control of the rallies but a lot of the time in the 1st set, he wasn’t in control of it. But when kept pace and depth in line, he came up with some good shots. That was worth seeing. The comms were horrible as usual. Still, all things considered, this is a very good win. And since he’s done with his match already, he will have more time to put this win behind and get ready for the next one.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #276 on: March 01, 2012, 01:42 PM »

Let's get things into perspective here and remember where Andy was this time in the last two years. 
Exactly we would have given anything for him to have won last year and not gone into a slump, it's a good win in my book. He will be much better tomorrow I am sure.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #277 on: March 01, 2012, 01:49 PM »

Where would we be without the murraycoaster?  I had to resort to picking up dog poo in the garden after 5 match points - even that was preferable to seeing Andy lose a game he had been up 40 - 0 in!

Well done, Andy.  Not the most memorable of matches from either player but the win is all that matters - I would have bitten your hand off for a score line of 6-3, 7-5 to Andy at start of play this morning.  Onwards and upwards!
know how you feel.  roflmao
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #278 on: March 01, 2012, 02:57 PM »

Still, a win is a win and 3-2 looks so much better than 4-1 Wink
Worlds better!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #279 on: March 01, 2012, 04:14 PM »

Looks like Federer prevailed as well. Novak is having a rather easy time against Tipsy.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #280 on: March 01, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Stupid Tipsy is busy choking at the moment....
IP Logged
benniebone
Challenger Level

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #281 on: March 01, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Aileen is right, Murray is in Dubai semis for the first time. If he does play Djokovic I'll bet they won't be first up tomorrow.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #282 on: March 01, 2012, 05:23 PM »

A decent win for Murray, I felt like Berdych was all over the place but Murray looked very solid he has got better round by round.

Novak I still think is favourite to win the whole tournament, but he has looked like he can be beaten this week (although we said that lots last year and it came to nothing)

I do see where Emma is coming from about wanting Murray to be more offensive but I think to his credit his game plan was right be Berdych, just let the guy self implode and take care of your side of the court.

Tomorrow Murray will need to be more aggressive but if he plays like how he plays in Australia I think he has a great chance for the upset.

Tough to know who this match is bigger for, I think it is big for both guys, Novak wants to show that Murray isnt really a threat and what happened in Australia was a one off, Murray wants to show the opposite, it should be a good match to watch very physical!
IP Logged
MurrayRocks
Veteran

I ♥ my scottish chouchou ...

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #283 on: March 01, 2012, 05:32 PM »

http://www.tennistv.com/page/Video/0,,11444~1939691,00.html
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai QF: Murray vs Berdych « Reply #284 on: March 01, 2012, 05:41 PM »

No Murray vs Djokovic thread yet.