Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli  (Read 2723 times)
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #105 on: February 29, 2012, 04:42 PM »

Look Murray will certainly start as favourite, he is a superior player both in terms of career stats and the ranking.

But Berdych does seem to play pretty well against Murray, having won their last 3 matches, I don't think it will count for a whole lot tomorrow it is quite a nice contract in style and should be a great match to watch Murray will have to take it up a notch tomorrow but he has done that many times in his career.

Murray I feel is under a lot of pressure tomorrow we talk about the Big 4 and he is no doubt a big part of that but if he was to lose to the same guy 4 times in a row and is still without a win against him since 2005, then it does not look good, thats a lot of pressure it will be interesting to see how he handles it that is for sure.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #106 on: February 29, 2012, 04:42 PM »

I agree.  I really hope Andy can pull it our of the bag against Tomas tomorrow - he's lost to him the last three times they have met, which makes the H to H 3-1 in Berdych's favour.  Andy needs to redress the balance - 3-2 would be so much better than 4-1!
yes most definatley.  cmonandy
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #107 on: February 29, 2012, 05:07 PM »

Look Murray will certainly start as favourite, he is a superior player both in terms of career stats and the ranking.

But Berdych does seem to play pretty well against Murray, having won their last 3 matches, I don't think it will count for a whole lot tomorrow it is quite a nice contract in style and should be a great match to watch Murray will have to take it up a notch tomorrow but he has done that many times in his career.

Murray I feel is under a lot of pressure tomorrow we talk about the Big 4 and he is no doubt a big part of that but if he was to lose to the same guy 4 times in a row and is still without a win against him since 2005, then it does not look good, thats a lot of pressure it will be interesting to see how he handles it that is for sure.

Yes of course - losing to Berdych 4 times in a row, spread across about 6 years, will invalidate all of Murray's other consistent and commendable achievements. I don't think Federer should be considered a part of the big 4, as he lost to Guillermo Canas at both Indian Wells and Miami in 2007.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #108 on: February 29, 2012, 05:15 PM »

Yes of course - losing to Berdych 4 times in a row, spread across about 6 years, will invalidate all of Murray's other consistent and commendable achievements. I don't think Federer should be considered a part of the big 4, as he lost to Guillermo Canas at both Indian Wells and Miami in 2007.

Did I say that losing to Berdych for a 4th time in a row would cancel out his efforts so far? NO but it would indeed go some way to increasing the confidence of other guys in the top 10 that it is the big 3 and the rest with Murray the best of the rest rather than part of that elite group himself!

Besides while the first loss to Berdych was 6 years ago if Murray loses tomorrow that will be 3 losses to the Czech man in as many years and including a beat down in a major.
Fishy also beat Murray 3 times in a row in 2010, Pretty poor comparison seeing as Roger won 3 Grand Slams that year which are the pinnacle of our sport, how many majors has Murray won then? I will give you a clue it is 16 minus 16 :-)
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #109 on: February 29, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Andy will be just about ready for Berdych tomorrow. He's had a few days now.
One of Tomas's wins was 6 years ago. The other was one of Andy's petulant performances, this time at the FO. The other was the most recent and a great match were Berdych played out of his skin.
Its time for some revenge, no need to hide in the shadows for this one.
IP Logged
ilam
Junior

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #110 on: February 29, 2012, 05:22 PM »

OOP is out. First match in the sun AGAIN. Good luck Andy!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #111 on: February 29, 2012, 05:22 PM »

Did I say that losing to Berdych for a 4th time in a row would cancel out his efforts so far? NO but it would indeed go some way to increasing the confidence of other guys in the top 10 that it is the big 3 and the rest with Murray the best of the rest rather than part of that elite group himself!

Besides while the first loss to Berdych was 6 years ago if Murray loses tomorrow that will be 3 losses to the Czech man in as many years and including a beat down in a major.
Fishy also beat Murray 3 times in a row in 2010, Pretty poor comparison seeing as Roger won 3 Grand Slams that year which are the pinnacle of our sport, how many majors has Murray won then? I will give you a clue it is 16 minus 16 :-)

Given that you go on and on (and on) about it AK. There is no need for you to offer any clues on Roger's slam count. If helen keller posted on MW even she would be aware of this fact by now.
IP Logged
geo1

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #112 on: February 29, 2012, 05:22 PM »

Still posting pish AK.. really go get a life.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #113 on: February 29, 2012, 05:24 PM »

Interestingly though Federer lost to Berdych two times in a row in 2010! And he only won 1 slam that year not 3 Wink

Berdych is a tough test for anyone when he's on form. A loss for Andy here wouldn't spell disaster by any means though it would be good to get a win after his recent struggles against him.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #114 on: February 29, 2012, 05:25 PM »

I came on this thread to see all the good comments about Andy's performance today!!!.  not talk about Smug Fed....and his precious GS titles.  all you talk about is his 16 GS...  thats all you do!!!  and btw Fed will be beaten this tournament.. Novak or Andy will beat him. that is certain.. let me just remind you of Fed's DC match recently!!!  lets gets this straight  ak400  Andy will beat Berdych Cmon!!!    cmon yeah  yay
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #115 on: February 29, 2012, 05:35 PM »

Interestingly though Federer lost to Berdych two times in a row in 2010! And he only won 1 slam that year not 3 Wink

Berdych is a tough test for anyone when he's on form. A loss for Andy here wouldn't spell disaster by any means though it would be good to get a win after his recent struggles against him.

That us a fair point look Berdych is a dangerous player and he did get Roger a couple of times in 2010 but crucially Roger beat him in Toronto that year and stopped the Czech from winning 3 in a row against him it is about stepping up and stopping such a streak.

Murray has the ability to do this tomorrow and I think he can, but the pressure is on him big time to deliver it.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #116 on: February 29, 2012, 05:36 PM »

Seeing this photo of Federer, made me sad that we still have to see Andy upset every time a certain person posts.

* Roger+Federer+2009+Australian+Open+Day+14+33gPz5UMZl7l.jpg (54.97 KB, 594x409 - viewed 75 times.)
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #117 on: February 29, 2012, 05:37 PM »

I came on this thread to see all the good comments about Andy's performance today!!!.  not talk about Smug Fed....and his precious GS titles.  all you talk about is his 16 GS...  thats all you do!!!  and btw Fed will be beaten this tournament.. Novak or Andy will beat him. that is certain.. let me just remind you of Fed's DC match recently!!!  lets gets this straight  ak400  Andy will beat Berdych Cmon!!!    cmon yeah  yay

Look as far as this tournament goes Novak is the favourite no doubt about it, won here the last 3 times and is the best player in the world Roger is certainly going to have his work cut out when he faces Novak in the final but the court is playing pretty quick this year and Roger has shown he can push the Serb close, check out the US Open last year, so if he plays his A game Roger can certainly win a 5th time in Dubai but the final with Novak will be a tough match for sure.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #118 on: February 29, 2012, 05:39 PM »

See that Andy is first up again tomorrow! Hardly giving him the respect he deserves. Note that the commentators have said he has the same time for the third time.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #119 on: February 29, 2012, 05:43 PM »

See that Andy is first up again tomorrow! Hardly giving him the respect he deserves. Note that the commentators have said he has the same time for the third time.

Murray has never been past the Quarter finals in Dubai!  Roger and Novak have won the title 7 times between them! respect is not a god given right, you have to earn your stripes.

I personally thought being a decent match this would be later in the day but neither Murray or Berdych have set Dubai alight in the past therefore neither have done anything to warrant any extra "respect"
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »