Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  Andy Talk  >  Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli

(Read 3171 times)
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #120 on: February 29, 2012, 05:47 PM »

Murray has never been past the Quarter finals in Dubai!  Roger and Novak have won the title 7 times between them! respect is not a god given right, you have to earn your stripes.

I personally thought being a decent match this would be later in the day but neither Murray or Berdych have set Dubai alight in the past therefore neither have done anything to warrant any extra "respect"
It isn't just this tournament you know!!!  Andy always gets poor scheduling times whatever tournament he goes to.. it wouldn't matter if he won this tournament 500 times.. he would still be put first on court  in the early hours of the morning.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #121 on: February 29, 2012, 05:55 PM »

I came on this thread to see all the good comments about Andy's performance today!!!.  not talk about Smug Fed....and his precious GS titles.  all you talk about is his 16 GS...  thats all you do!!!  and btw Fed will be beaten this tournament.. Novak or Andy will beat him. that is certain.. let me just remind you of Fed's DC match recently!!!  lets gets this straight  ak400  Andy will beat Berdych Cmon!!!    cmon yeah  yay
   Good posting!  clap
IP Logged
Jayel
Junior

IT JUST GETS BETTER

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #122 on: February 29, 2012, 05:56 PM »

AK whatever -- your absence was greatly appreciated. clap clap clap
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #123 on: February 29, 2012, 05:59 PM »

Look as far as this tournament goes Novak is the favourite no doubt about it, won here the last 3 times and is the best player in the world Roger is certainly going to have his work cut out when he faces Novak in the final but the court is playing pretty quick this year and Roger has shown he can push the Serb close, check out the US Open last year, so if he plays his A game Roger can certainly win a 5th time in Dubai but the final with Novak will be a tough match for sure.
Novak might not be in the final or Fed !!
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

16 Grand Slams = peRFection

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #124 on: February 29, 2012, 06:03 PM »

Novak might not be in the final or Fed !!

The 3 time defending champion, world number 1 and playing some inspirational tennis, yes I think it is pretty safe to say Novak will be in the final! He is the absolutely favourite to take the title here as well but Roger can certainly look at where he went wrong in last year's final (he was a break up in the 2nd set 3-1) and hopefully Roger can go one better this time around against the Serb.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #125 on: February 29, 2012, 06:06 PM »

The 3 time defending champion, world number 1 and playing some inspirational tennis, yes I think it is pretty safe to say Novak will be in the final! He is the absolutely favourite to take the title here as well but Roger can certainly look at where he went wrong in last year's final (he was a break up in the 2nd set 3-1) and hopefully Roger can go one better this time around against the Serb.
well we will see.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #126 on: February 29, 2012, 06:12 PM »

Murray has never been past the Quarter finals in Dubai!  Roger and Novak have won the title 7 times between them! respect is not a god given right, you have to earn your stripes.

I personally thought being a decent match this would be later in the day but neither Murray or Berdych have set Dubai alight in the past therefore neither have done anything to warrant any extra "respect"

This argument you keep trotting out really is utter ****. Win the tournament once or twice and have favourable scheduling forevermore? On what planet does that resemble sense or fairness? To give Federer favourable match times is not showing respect - its sheer favouritism. Probably because he whines like a ***** whenever he is inconvenienced in that way.

Again, ak400 - any thoughts on changing that avatar to be less antagonistic to Murray fans? Or are you just here to provoke?
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #127 on: February 29, 2012, 06:17 PM »

This argument you keep trotting out really is utter sh*t. Win the tournament once or twice and have favourable scheduling forevermore? On what planet does that resemble sense or fairness? To give Federer favourable match times is not showing respect - its sheer favouritism. Probably because he whines like a ***** whenever he is inconvenienced in that way.

Again, ak400 - any thoughts on changing that avatar to be less antagonistic to Murray fans? Or are you just here to provoke?

I was not the one who mentioned favouritsm buddy, I was just replying to a poster who said Murray had earnt enough respect to get a better schedule! I was just pointing out that he has not set the world alight at Dubai and has not earned any extra respect as was being asked for!

Look it is a cool picture of you know a historic moment winning 16 majors, Mark likes it, I like it, you need to learn to like it buddy?

My avatar is tennis related the same can not be said for yours, so perhaps it is time to get your own house in order and come off your soap box
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #128 on: February 29, 2012, 06:20 PM »

Look as far as this tournament goes Novak is the favourite no doubt about it, won here the last 3 times and is the best player in the world Roger is certainly going to have his work cut out when he faces Novak in the final but the court is playing pretty quick this year and Roger has shown he can push the Serb close, check out the US Open last year, so if he plays his A game Roger can certainly win a 5th time in Dubai but the final with Novak will be a tough match for sure.

Federer may get to the final but he WILL NOT WIN IT.........   His time at the top is coming to an end, it's just life, nobody and nothing lasts for ever.  He will be able to sit at home polishing his GS trophies and cursing the day someone had the audacity to take his No. 1 slot away from him.  He is an arrogant, obnoxious not very nice bloke and the fact of the matter is that if he were in his prime just now he would not be the owner of 16 GS trophies.  AK there must be a helpline that you can call (they even have them at the end of series of Big Brother to help sad people recover from the trauma of the programme finishing).

Now onto something much more interesting Muzza, good game today, please please please break the hoodoo of Berdych who I think is another horrible nasty player.  Would much prefer to see Andy playing in the final and believe that if he can get past Berdych he will beat Djoko.  My ideal to get Frauderer in the final and play him off the court!!!!
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #129 on: February 29, 2012, 06:20 PM »

I was not the one who mentioned favouritsm buddy, I was just replying to a poster who said Murray had earnt enough respect to get a better schedule! I was just pointing out that he has not set the world alight at Dubai and has not earned any extra respect as was being asked for!

Look it is a cool picture of you know a historic moment winning 16 majors, Mark likes it, I like it, you need to learn to like it buddy?

My avatar is tennis related the same can not be said for yours, so perhaps it is time to get your own house in order and come off your soap box

There we have it, everyone - ak400 is a troll.

I really don't know why Mark allows you to hang around.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #130 on: February 29, 2012, 06:23 PM »

Did I say that losing to Berdych for a 4th time in a row would cancel out his efforts so far? NO but it would indeed go some way to increasing the confidence of other guys in the top 10 that it is the big 3 and the rest with Murray the best of the rest rather than part of that elite group himself!

Besides while the first loss to Berdych was 6 years ago if Murray loses tomorrow that will be 3 losses to the Czech man in as many years and including a beat down in a major.
Fishy also beat Murray 3 times in a row in 2010, Pretty poor comparison seeing as Roger won 3 Grand Slams that year which are the pinnacle of our sport, how many majors has Murray won then? I will give you a clue it is 16 minus 16 :-)

Losing to Berdych 3 or 4 times in a row is not at all a bad thing for Murray. Because when all things end for both of them, this will not matter because this will not count. For example, Sampras lost to Wayne Ferreira 4 times in a row and in his prime but how many people remember that? Eventually Sampras sorted things out with Ferreira but at some point he was leading Pete. Federer, in fact, lost to Murray three times in a row if you count that Exo match. But what beats it all is the fact that, Federer lost all his Slam finals to his main rival Nadal since 2008 and nothing can be bigger than those losses. So if I were you, I would keep those in mind before I say something…anything.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #131 on: February 29, 2012, 06:25 PM »

Yes again with the 16 majors thing. Youre like a broken down record player.
I dont want players to get `respect` due to the fact that they have won a particular tournament anyway (& that includes Murray). Everyone should be equal not `more equal` due to previous achievements.
Also a Berdych Murray match is worth anybodys money at any time of the day.
All this sycophancy gets on my nerves.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #132 on: February 29, 2012, 06:25 PM »

There we have it, everyone - ak400 is a troll.

I really don't know why Mark allows you to hang around.

err havng an avatar tat you do not like does not make one a troll, you need to keep it hush hush and get a grip
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #133 on: February 29, 2012, 06:28 PM »

err havng an avatar tat you do not like does not make one a troll, you need to keep it hush hush and get a grip

Er no, but claiming that it's just a nice picture of a historic moment (which, as I've pointed out, there are plenty of other pictures of without Murray in them) on a Murray site DOES make you a troll.

So you need to pipe down and think about your life, buddy.
IP Logged
ak400
Futures Level

Re: Dubai R2: Murray vs Chiudinelli « Reply #134 on: February 29, 2012, 06:30 PM »

Losing to Berdych 3 or 4 times in a row is not at all a bad thing for Murray. Because when all things end for both of them, this will not matter because this will not count. For example, Sampras lost to Wayne Ferreira 4 times in a row and in his prime but how many people remember that? Eventually Sampras sorted things out with Ferreira but at some point he was leading Pete. Federer, in fact, lost to Murray three times in a row if you count that Exo match. But what beats it all is the fact that, Federer lost all his Slam finals to his main rival Nadal since 2008 and nothing can be bigger than those losses. So if I were you, I would keep those in mind before I say something…anything.

Emma I do very much agree with your point head for head is not the be all and end all and once Murray and Berdych's career is over he is no doubt going to be miles ahead, that is not in question for me.

For the record I actually have a feeling Murray is going to turn Berdych over tomorrow despite the head to head he has a game that I think should match up well to Berdych, we will see how it goes.

My points was that if he was to lose tomorrow while it would in no way take away from what he has achieved, it would slightly dent his aura as being part of the elite top 4.

No doubt that Nadal has had the upper hand on Roger since 2008, if they both retired now though I do believe Roger would have had the greater career, time will tell if that is the case when they both hang up their rackets but I believe it will be.

To add fuel to your argument I believe Kraijicek also had a winning record on Pete, but despite the Wimbledon loss 1996 you cannot compare their careers, right now 10 years after the retirements those records dont mean much in the contexts of the respective careers but back then when doing battle week in an week out, any dent in an aura  or handing over any form of belief to your rivals can count for a lot that was my point.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »